what your best tip to give someone

Options

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    It all comes down to persistence. It's going to take time but it's time well spent. The weeks and months will roll by no matter what, you might as well use them positively.
    JUST DO IT
    X

LOVIN' THAT QUOTE :)
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My biggest tip is to get more active and have more protein! a protein shake in the morning (6am) keeps me full until lunchtime (12). When I used to have cereal at 6am I used to snack at 9 or 10 am and finish my lunch by 11. That would leave me hungry and going to the vending machines at around 2-3 and its all down hill from there!

this sounds exactly like me...:cry: i hate that by 2-3 i feel like im crashing and i need to eat something and always turn to chips or chocolate...imma try and add more protein
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on yourself.
  • Bama4granma
    Options
    Always use your logical mind. Moderation is the key..... you do not have to starve or eat 'boring' food. Make your meals taste amazing and the meal/nutrition will be your best friend! Good Luck :happy:
  • mandyhedley
    mandyhedley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What are you having for your protein shake?
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Plateaus happen, it doesn't mean what you are doing isn't working, sometimes the body just needs a rest, be consistent and be successful.
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Watch Super Size Me.
    my teenage step daughter told me to do this. she also read a book about "fast foods". poor kid can hardly eat at mcDonalds

How is this a bad thing?
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    :smile: exercise, exercise, exercise! Diet can only take you so far! And eat as clean and natural as possible
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    make everyday count-- take 3 steps forward
    when you slip up only take ONE step back
    Keep moving forward!
  • mandyhedley
    mandyhedley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What are you having for your protein shake?
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    *ALWAYS log your food, every day
    *EARN your treats and cheat meals with exercise
    *DON'T GIVE UP
  • SassieChik03
    SassieChik03 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You gotta suck it up to stop sucking in.
  • ReverseEngineered
    Options
    Stick with it. It took a while to put it on, it will take a while to take it off.:smile:

This exactly. Also, be honest with yourself and be reasonable about your expectations. People think they can hide calories or just neglect to count that little bag of chips. You can pretend it didn't happen, but it won't change things. You also can't expect to suddenly see all your fat disappear or to lose a pound a day. There is no magic drink or exercise routine that will ever change that. It will take time, there will be ups and downs, and it will be difficult. Expect that and it won't be so bad.
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I never play "just the tip".
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Its not a diet its a lifestyle. My favorite tip though.... WHEN YOU BAD YOU FEEL BAD! However.....you should eat EVERYTHING in moderation.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    consistent commitment. you will have emotional ups and downs, but you need to keep at it.
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    It is NEVER too late to stop the binge. If you stop with 5 slices left in the box, that is an achievement. Don't give up and think you'lll start tomorrow, start today!
  • Chocodoll
    Chocodoll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water and stick to it. There is no such thing as a quick fix.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    All of the suggestions people are making are great but if you notice different so you have to pick whats best for you thru trial and error dont give up keep trying until you have your own style and process.
    For me my suggestons is be patient I have been enjoying my new "lifestyle " for over 4 years and that has included plateaus and stalls for up to 3 months be patient and progress will return and your weight loss will continue
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I always tell my friends that diets do not work, there is no quick way to get the weight off and, more importantly, keep it off. Weight loss is about a lifestyle change. Start by making small and realistic changes and you'll start to change. I have gone from 220lbs to now 145lbs, and from not being able to run a mile to FINISHING a MARATHON! Change CAN happen. Believe in YOURSELF :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!