what your best tip to give someone

Options

Replies

• FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Don't make too many changes at once, you'll get overwhelmed and failure isn't far behind that.
  • Jamie_55
    Jamie_55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    this sounds exactly like me...:cry: i hate that by 2-3 i feel like im crashing and i need to eat something and always turn to chips or chocolate...imma try and add more protein

I keep some raw nuts in my desk drawer. Brazil nuts, almonds and walnuts are my favorite. Good fats, fiber and protein all in a little treat. I find that find I take a few of the nuts and put them on a napkin or tissue on my desk, log them and then slowly snack on them between things I'm working on then I stay full for much longer. If I feel I can't make it until lunch, at 11 I'll have a couple then I'm good until 12:30 or 1.
  • mandyhedley
    mandyhedley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is your protein shake?
  • missgabriella22
    Options
    The best advice I could give is to SHARE with people that you are about to embark on this new lifestyle change. I've made numerous mistakes the many times I've tried losing weight before and didn't tell anyone because if I failed, no one would know, and the only person I would be disappointing would be myself. I've come to be really open about it with my close friends and family, and I truly believe it is what has helped become so successful at getting the weight off. By sharing with people my goals, they often are there to encourage me and support me as well.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    1.Be honest with yourself
    2.DO NOT let the scale define you
    3.Trust your measuring tape and clothing size
    4.Start slow-like going from soda to diet soda to only water
    5.Listen to your body and don't over do it.
    6.DO NOT use PMS as a free pass to overindulge

If it matters enough to you, you will find the strength,way and will to do it.If not you will ALWAYS have or find excuses and will not see a change.No more start overs just start ^u^ Good luck all!!
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Dont disengage with the process, even when you arent managing to stick to every goal, stick to as much of it as you can. Keep going
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want in a deficit to lose weight.
    Eat proper macros for better body composition.
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I qualify as losing a lot of weight, but the most important thing I learned along the way was that the hardest part is breaking old habits and creating new ones. You need to start slowwwwwwly or else you will crash and burn.

Also, don't set time limits on your weight loss, like "I want to lose 10lbs by December". This is also a way to crash and burn. Even when you're doing everything right (eating at a deficit, counting calories correctly, exercising regularly, etc.) your body will do what it wants. I usually maintain for three weeks and then all the weight falls off the 4th week. There is no rhyme or reason, but imagine if I gave myself a time limit during those 3 weeks when I wasn't losing anything? It would've driven me nuts and made me quit.

THIS !
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    JUST the tip.
  • Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    1. Count calories
    2. Try to exercise every day
    3. Drink plenty of water (10+ cups)
    4. Get plenty of sleep (7-9 hours)
    5. Be patient - it's one day at a time
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    dont order a $10 dojo sword from one of those late night knife shows and expect it to be made with great craftsmanship
  • starjumper12
    Options
    eating less is not about restriction, it's about making smarter choices all day long every day.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    One good choice at a time
    Measure and weigh everything you consume
    Stay out of the bakery lol
  • mbz0616
    mbz0616 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new start. What you did or didn't do yesterday, doesn't matter today.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Just stick to it - time will pass anyways so may as well keep plugging away.
    Little losses add up to big losses over time.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Also that it's a lifestyle change not a diet.. moderation is ok.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Do not reward yourself with food, you are not a dog.

I LOVE that! I used to do that all the time. I still do once in a while. Wow!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Mine would be.....Slow and Steady wins the race.

Don't try to do it all at once. I just started out with counting calories, moving move and doing mini goals. Big picture was way to much for me to take in.

Every one here has very sound advice. Except for the late night knife show. Did that once and got some nice ones. :)

Stick with it and good things Will happen!
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    This!
    Log absolutely EVERYTHING... even when it has been a bad day!
  • UnderConstructionJ
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!