Has anyone tried the alli pills?

Options
I am up and down but here lately just up in my weight and purchased the alli diet pills. So far I have not noticed any difference in my weight. I typically do not eat a diet loaded in fat so that may be why. Anyways I was just feeling very discouraged at myself for falling off the diet train YET AGAIN. Grrrr and the Halloween candy didn't help!

Replies

• AnnaMC1977
    Options
    ummm no. did you read about the side effects? nothing would be worth that lol :)
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Tried them years ago. They do trap some of the fat you eat. You see it in the commode. However, for someone who doesn't eat a high fat diet to begin with they're primarily an expensive way to up the number of times a week you have to clean the bowl. Never did finish the bottle. When you do the math (fat grams you eat divided by 10 to get the number of theoretical grams they block) you'll likely find they're a waste of cash.
  • Mara_816
    Options
    the side effects are horrible, but they only happen when you eat a lot of grease... belive me it happened to me i messed up so many of my pants!! but whn you stop eating greasy foods and actually stick to their diet everything should be fine and good
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hell no! The label says you'll need "extra pants" because you'll be $hitting yourself. Nothing is worth that! :noway:
  • MelSabourin
    MelSabourin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hell no! The label says you'll need "extra pants" because you'll be $hitting yourself. Nothing is worth that! :noway:

Totally agree!! I already drive home from work (at any time of the day, but usually try to keep it to over lunch hour) to poop so if I tried the pills, I'd have to call in sick for a month...but clearly I have other issues...
  • mgarciar
    Options
    you should look into the Apidexin Supplement pills. They are very affective.
  • AprilLove13
    Options
    I've tried them in the past and was only able to eat the small healthy cuisine frozen dinners about three times a day and only water, otherwise... well, accidents happen. :/ It's pretty gross but if you want to give it a try just be really careful! :p
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Totally agree!! I already drive home from work (at any time of the day, but usually try to keep it to over lunch hour) to poop so if I tried the pills, I'd have to call in sick for a month...but clearly I have other issues...

LOL...hilrarious! And I'm right there with you:) Nothing is worth that...
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Don't...unless you like many bathroom trips and wearing something in your underwear to keep it from staining. I tried it....wasted $50.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Toss them! Bad side effects! EEEK!! Run away as fast as you can! SO not worth it!

Seriously, I understand the frustration and the temptation to pop a pill. We all do here on this site. You CAN do this without drugs.

If you seriously want to eliminate the cravings that drive you back into the candy bag, consider spending your dosh on seeing a Live Blood Analyst/nutritionist in your area and following their advice to the letter. Actually seeing what is going on in your body is extremely motivating.

Hollycat:flowerforyou:
  • jacqui250
    Options
    Yes!!! Please avoid not recommended!!! To be polite each time you pass wind you need to check!!
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I tried it years ago, and had major diarrhea. I never lost control of my bowels, but it was frequent loose stools.

It did not aid in any weight loss. I also had trouble eating the amount of fat that was recommended to take Alli, (can't remember the recommendations now) so it didn't make sense to keep taking it.
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Yes I tried them and experienced ANAL LEAKAGE! yes, it was messy and ruined clothes, LOL .. I didnt take it long.
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna stay away from anything that would cause my orrifaces to leak...no thank you lol
  • PAZlady
    PAZlady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill.
  • Lisaskydive24
    Options
    a few yrs ago I did try it for two months and it was a waste of money! I was sick, and didn't even lose a lb. If you just got it, or if it has been a month, return them for a full refund.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I've only found two effective weight loss supplements: stimulants (amphetamines, cocaine, etc.) and this thing I got from vitamin shoppe called thinberry satiety. They're both appetite suppressants. As soon as you get off of them, you gain the weight back. Also, all thermogenics are BS. You'll have very minimal results if anything.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    In for the poop jokes!
  • PhoenixIsis
    Options
    They gave me horrible gas and it was embarrassing. The gas would slip out with no warning, no stopping or anything.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    You poop yourself. End.