Odd Foods You Loved As A Kid

Options

Replies

• _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms plain out of the can.
    My grilled cheese sandwiches dipped in honey (Still YUM)
    I also loved avocados and hummus and always was teased at school for it.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I liked to eat tomatoes like they were apples. Just chomp all the way through them. Then if my mom was cutting them on the counter, I would reach up and try to grab the diced pieces. Wasn't even tall enough to see where I was reaching. Got yelled at several times for "almost having your hand chopped off!"
  • ceceoplaymate
    ceceoplaymate Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I loved ketchup and a hot dog bun, MINUS THE HOT DOG...I grew up vegetarian!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I LOVED artichokes as a kid! To me they were better than candy!

Me too!:smile:
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Grape jelly and mayonnaise sandwiches. My Grandma used to eat them, I loved them!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I would only eat hot dogs cold....straight out of the package.
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Pineapple and mayo (dukes) sandwiches were (or still are) one of my favorite things
  • cj0725
    cj0725 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lima beans, spinach and drinking dill pickle juice from the jar...
  • lisag2007
    Options
    Butter and sugar sandwiches. Brownies and cheese at the same time.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    This isant odd but I loveddd turkey twiszzlers they don't do them no more :(
  • sundaymiller86
    sundaymiller86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    andy capp's hot fries, literally soaked in vinegar.
  • jessiwithaneye
    jessiwithaneye Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Raw, sliced potato. I used to steal a couple of pieces from my mom when she was cutting them up to make mashed potatos. Bizarrely, I have never really liked homemade mashed potatos. I've always prefered the instant mashed potatos.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I would only eat hot dogs cold....straight out of the package.

Same here. And I couldn't stop at just 1. I had to have 2 or 3. :sick:

Also, my mother told me I used to eat mayonnaise sandwiches and applesauce in my cereal instead of milk, but I don't remember any of that.
  • ChrissME
    ChrissME Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    boiled cabbage in warm milk. Lots of salt and pepper!
  • Alford96
    Options
    bottled lemon juice and salt, in a cup

Whole diced onion sautee'd in butter and eaten on ritz crackers

mustard greens (YUMMM), radishes, turnips-still love

saltines dipped in ranch dressing (the kind you mix with mayo and milk, not the bottled kind)

KFC biscuits topped with mashed potatoes (no gravy) and cole slaw-strangely disgusting now

raw potato chunks

My parents never had much trouble getting us to eat veggies, we still love them, but I had a phobia of green bellpeppers and would spend an hour picking them out of food before I'd eat them. Still not crazy about them raw but I can cook with them.
  • iWILLbeFit062012
    iWILLbeFit062012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    raw beef and butter. I used to get in trouble all the time for getting into the fridge and getting that. My mom was convinced that I would die if I ate raw meat, but I kept doing it anyway. I'm not sure why I craved it so much.

I remember sneaking slices of raw bacon and eating it. Just tasted better to me eating it raw. Still like my steaks bloody and mooing at me....yum! Also, I used to eat kipper snacks and liverwurst as a kid.
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I LOVED artichokes as a kid! To me they were better than candy!

This
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    boxed mac and cheese with a can of peas mixed in...no idea how this got started but I still kind of like it to this day, granted I don't eat boxed mac and cheese anymore...

also I remember in junior high school trying french dressing on pizza...so weird but the crust is pretty amazing dipped in it lol
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    A fried egg on top of a piece of toast, smothered in A1. Still pretty good stuff....
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Mayo and cheese sandwiches. That's it. I loved them to the point of obsession. Now the thought makes me want to hurl