Birthday coming up... cake?

Options

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    what kind of cake do YOU LIKE?
    Mildly sweet ones, nothing overwhelmingly sweet, and no fruits in the middle (on top is okay).

Well how about getting the mini grocery store cupcakes--they are ~100-120 per mini and NORMAL. You can control your intake by eating 2-3 of them...scraping off some of the frosting to minimize sweetness and they're adorable!

halloween-butter-dishes-cupcakes-hooplapalooza.png
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, I totally forgot about angel food! Thanks for reminding me!

To those who are saying my birthday is only once a year... I in fact have two birthdays, my real one and the one on my birth certificate (which is incorrect), haha! More importantly, I don't eat cake only on MY birthday. There are family and friend birthdays too. I can't control what kind of a cake will be served on someone else's birthday, but I can on MINE.

Interesting!! How did that happen?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Do you have a cupcake bakery near you? Or maybe a bakery that sells cake by-the-slice? Go buy one decadent serving, enjoy every bite of it and then move on with your healthy lifestyle.
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Make thae cake with applesauce instead of oil. Then eat the whole damn thing! Spend the next day at the gym :) i LOVE cake and on my birthday i allow myself to splurge (okay i dont eat the whole cake).
  • samarlow
    samarlow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Vitalicious Vitatops and they are delish. You can find them in the health food frozen section. They are preservative free, so they must be frozen.

http://www.vitalicious.com/store-vitatops.html
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I celebrated my birthday today and I ate every last morsel of a 900 calories slice of pumpkin cheesecake.

I regret nothing! It's your birthday for cryin' out loud :smile:
  • jessiwithaneye
    jessiwithaneye Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My sister made a diet soda cake for my birthday yesterday. She used strawberry cake mix and generic red soda. It was DELICIOUS, and very moist. I recommend. :)
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, I totally forgot about angel food! Thanks for reminding me!

To those who are saying my birthday is only once a year... I in fact have two birthdays, my real one and the one on my birth certificate (which is incorrect), haha! More importantly, I don't eat cake only on MY birthday. There are family and friend birthdays too. I can't control what kind of a cake will be served on someone else's birthday, but I can on MINE.

Interesting!! How did that happen?
    It was a home birth, and my dad took weeks to come up with a good name for me. Back then, in Korea, it was illegal to wait more than a month to report a child birth... My family was tight on money and didn't want to pay the fine, so they just reported my date of birth differently!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I would eat the most decadent cake I could find. I think angel food cake would be a good option though.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Another thing, I AM planning on going over for my birthday. I just don't want to do it all on the cake. :laugh:
  • Atlantica
    Atlantica Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My Birthday is Saturday and I had the same question. My answer originally: angel food cake, but I'm gonna go further and have banana cake cupcakes instead. No matter your decision, just ENJOY IT !!! And Happy Birthday!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I never eat cake at other´s ppl bday :laugh: , thats why I have whatever I want on mine. Just saying.
  • spangey13
    Options
    I'm afraid I am a believer in delish high calorie cake... and I know you said that you didn't want to "make" a cake, but if all else fails:

If you make this and cut into 20 pieces, 345 calories per piece. (Although that is without icing) It would be nice with yoghurt.

Ingredients
    • 420g (2 cups) castor sugar
    • 315ml (1¼ cups) salad oil
    • 10ml (2 tsp) pure vanilla essence
    • 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
    • 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
    • 270g (2 cups) carrots (peeled and grated)
    • 195g (1 cup) apple (peeled and grated)
    • 50g (1 cup) unsweetened crushed pineapple (drained)
    • 65mls (¼ cup) pineapple juice (juice from crushed pineapple)
    • 40g (½ cup) desiccated coconut
    • 420g (3 cups) flour
    • 1 tsp cinnamon
    • 2 tsp baking soda
    • ½ tsp salt

Method

•Preheat oven to 170°C. Spray a 25cm ring tin with a depth of at least 7.5cm.

•In a large bowl with hand whisk, whisk together sugar, oil, vanilla and lemon rind. (Do not use an electric mixer because you will create too much air).

•Add eggs and mix well. Stir in carrot, apple, pineapple, pineapple juice and coconut.

•Sift dry ingredients, add to bowl and gently fold in.

•Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for approx. 1 hour or until a cake skewer inserted comes out clean, and the cake bounces back when you prod it.

•Allow cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove cake from a tin to a cooling rack to cool completely.
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    On my birthday, this past August, I woke up, burned over 1200 calories, and ate any d*** thing I wanted! :glasses:
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Cake pops! Easy to control yourself since there's a limited number... one for each person :wink:
  • sbernste
    Options
    Have any cake you like, but do enough exercise to offset the cake BEFORE your birthday. It will taste a lot better if you know that you earned it.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    CHEESECAKE!

I don't know what the question was, but the answer is always cheesecake.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I love carrot cake.... Not sure the nutrients, probably not low in calories...but carrots, raisins, and nuts are good, right?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Do it up, it's YOUR birthday. Honestly, it's ok to treat yourself. It's just other people's birthdays and other silly events that you should be more cautious about. If you go to every party and say, "I'll just have a little cake," it will eventually spiral out of control, but if once a year or so you indulge it is OK!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't like cake much and has a summer birthday. We cut a watermelon in half and used that. We put candles in it and everything! It was actually a big hit at the party since it was so warm outside.

Cheesecake can be done for low calories, and is simple to make (but you WOULD have to make it yourself). 1 brick creamcheese, 1 tub whipped topping, splenda and vanilla to taste. Fold together and put in a grahm cracker crust and set in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Strawberries, a drizzle of chocolate, or nothing at all on top.

Angel food cake with whipped topping and fruit