Facebook ver.2?

Options

Replies

• misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I thought this site was called "My Fitness Pal," not "My Fitness On-looker.'

How does that add to the discussion?

Oh, let's see: from what I gather from this "discussion," you think that people on this site should just show each other what they're doing with their diets, i.e., just on-looking. This site is about supporting others and getting to know people while improving your health, i.e., being friends. You also seem to just want people to agree with you and you seem rather combative and defensive since people aren't just jumping on what you want them to, rather than agreeing and disagreeing. What did you think would happen by posting this, anyway? Did you think that people would join in saying that they were doing this wrong and agree to stop posting things about their personal life on their pages and the website moderators would take down the groups and forums?

Anyway, there have been studies that show that people do a lot better on diets/lifestyle changes/fitness regimes when they have support from friends and family. This is because when other people see you making a change in your life, it holds you more accountable than if you were doing it in secret because then you just have to be accountable to yourself. If you just want on-lookers and essentially do it on your own, that's your business, and that's great! But I personally think it's better to surround yourself with people who are like minded and become friends with them and get that support.

Also, in the first place, I was trying to make a joke to relax this otherwise...bitter and curmudgeonly thread.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I guess fact you only have 2 pals speaks volumes...

any one thing in our life affects all others... so it is good to express it all, just saying...

The other friend is my wife. I'm sort of starting out

You joined jan 2011. I guess it is a slow start.

maybe I need motivation?

Motivation comes from within. It isn't a gift that others can give you. :wink:
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Don't you love how quick people are to insult others because they don't share the same useless social conventions as the masses?

Charlie003, people like you make me sick. The OP is only "valid" if he's used MFP for a year? What is wrong with you?? Who do you think you are?? You hop around here hurling insults at other people and think YOU'RE not a "troll"??? Get bent.

I'll bet the OP doesn't text while driving, either, and he's probably never muttered the abbreviation "O-M-G!" He probably has opinions and ideas based on fact and research, not just what someone "shared" on a social network. And because of all that, he's apparently a terrible person.

My FITNESS pal is a fitness website - we're here to get in better shape. V6Performance.net is another online site for automotive enthusiasts with 6-cylinder engines. Go there and try to get dieting advice. Or post about which supercharger to put on your Mitsubishi 6G72 3.0 on this site and see how far it gets you.

I HATE what social media has done to our society. You all should be ashamed of yourselves, but you're all to brainwashed to even see it. And so I digress. Btetsola, you'll never win a battle of wits against an unarmed army. Friend invite sent.

The rest of you go watch "Idiocracy" and try to figure out which character you represent most.

Yes. I make people sick. All the time. But, I have never insulted anyone. Just pointed out the facts. However, you seem used to doing that to people you dissagree with. I hope you do not kick puppies.

I don't think he means to insult, its just opinions by there very nature are different!

Charlie003, people like you make me sick. The OP is only "valid" if he's used MFP for a year? What is wrong with you?? Who do you think you are?? You hop around here hurling insults at other people and think YOU'RE not a "troll"??? Get bent.

Yes I see he did not mean any insult.

I've had a few insults thrown my way too, by your team!!

But you said, He did not mean to insult. Now are you going back on you appraisal of that post? Because it sounds like you are.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I HATE what social media has done to our society. You all should be ashamed of yourselves, but you're all to brainwashed to even see it. And so I digress. Btetsola, you'll never win a battle of wits against an unarmed army. Friend invite sent.

The rest of you go watch "Idiocracy" and try to figure out which character you represent most.

And here you are on a social site, insulting everyone else? Wow. You just earned the starring role in hypocrisy.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Don't you love how quick people are to insult others because they don't share the same useless social conventions as the masses?

I'll bet the OP doesn't text while driving, either, and he's probably never muttered the abbreviation "O-M-G!" He probably has opinions and ideas based on fact and research, not just what someone "shared" on a social network. And because of all that, he's apparently a terrible person.

My FITNESS pal is a fitness website - we're here to get in better shape. V6Performance.net is another online site for automotive enthusiasts with 6-cylinder engines. Go there and try to get dieting advice. Or post about which supercharger to put on your Mitsubishi 6G72 3.0 on this site and see how far it gets you.

You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes

I guess you took the blue one.
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I only friend people I know in everyday life. I do not have time for another Social media soap box for people to shout their problems from the roof tops. Infact I even treat FB the same way. I like the program, pointe blank. Do not need virtual friendships.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Popcorn_02_Stephen_Colbert.gif
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    but but....I don't haz a facebook!
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Popcorn_02_Stephen_Colbert.gif

I love that.
  • Charlie003
    Options

Oh, well then.............how do you stalk people?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Clearly they do it on MFP.
  • Charlie003
    Options

If I had those abs, I think I would be the stalkee. I suppose when the girl realizes he is stalking her, she waits for him. Takes the fun of the hunt out. And thats todays bromance moment. Maybe that can be a thing, "Bromance moment of the Day".
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options

If I had those abs, I think I would be the stalkee. I suppose when the girl realizes he is stalking her, she waits for him. Takes the fun of the hunt out. And thats todays bromance moment. Maybe that can be a thing, "Bromance moment of the Day".
    good to have you back, man!
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    why do i need to stalk people for? i'm not in the FBI or something....:huh:
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Bacon
  • Charlie003
    Options

good to have you back, man!

Thanks, still working on pain management.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    This may sound a bit harsh but I’ve had a few ‘myfitnesspal friends who I’ve ‘unfriended’ because they appear to use the app as a replacement for Facebook!!

I don’t want to know whether you had a hard day at work, or your having a mid life crisis. No, I just need to know how you are doing on the plan. Maybe those things are related but please mention the plan as well!! sigh!!

I think there must be balance..... it cant be just about weightloss or just about personal stuff.... i know what u mean and agreee to seome extent, but the personal is enessary too.
  • Charlie003
    Options

It was a complement. The girls want you to stalk them. Or they stalk you. But....you could be FBI......
  • Charlie003
    Options
    Bacon

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Because the FBI are the only organization that stalks people.

Personally I prefer stake outs. Good old fashioned local law enforcement stake outs.