What has been / is your biggest food pitfall?

Options

Replies

• johnsongs1
    johnsongs1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Office food - whatever it is - mostly sweets
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    We have cookies in the house for the kids... and it's hard not to eat the leftover macaroni and cheese and hot dogs after we feed them. It's really just MFP that keeps me on the straight and narrow. I always log my food in the morning or the night before so that way I'll know how eating extra with affect my macros and it makes it easier to say no.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    BAKED GOODS. And no one ever buys me one doughnut. They buy me six doughnuts.
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Fresh baked warm melty chocolate chip cookies... I bought one of those Nestle Tollhouse cookie dough tubs for the kids. BAD IDEA!

I guess any chocolate chip cookie will do. I visited a friend with lung cancer yesterday and she gave me a 12 pack of Panera mini chocolate chip cookies for the kids. While I was driving home they were just looking at me, so I had to have one and then I put the them in the back seat. That cookie of course made me go over my calorie limit.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    anything Rice! Love rice too much to give up. I sabotaged all my Low Carb dieting with just the smell of cooked rice. What can I say, I am asian and a rice lover ;)
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Blueberry glazed donuts. Actually, I could make a seven foot long list. Bread, cheese, meat, sweets. I go crazy for that stuff.
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    CHOCOLATES!!! and baked goods :)
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Oreos and chocolate chip cookies. I don't have much of a sweet tooth but with those, if I have them in the house, they will be gone in 2-3 days. I only buy them once every couple months...though when my bf's family buys them for me, I can't avoid them (and I don't want him eating them all either).
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    chicken wings (I use to eat them daily) and popcorn (can't get half way through a movie before I crack and get some)
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    The list is nealy endless:bigsmile:

Choclates
    Cruchies = Chips, triscuits, wheat thins etc etc
    Cupcakes

Chinese
    Pizza
    Italian
  • dianuhmonkey
    dianuhmonkey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    SWEETS, SWEETS AND MORE SWEETS..

THAT'S ME TOO!!!!!!!!! It is so hard!! But I have been slowly working on moderation.
  • hugsee
    hugsee Posts: 36
    Options
    My downfall is carbs....love em especially spuds especially jacket spuds
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Potato chips.

I used to eat a large size bag of potato chips in one sitting, usually 3/4 times a week. I haven't had any in the past 5 weeks, and thankfully am not craving them. I won't even buy them anymore because I don't think I'm capable of eating one serving of Doritos. :)

And if you tell me to eat "baked" chips, I will stab you in the eye.
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Bagels with TONS of cream cheese, Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies, Chinese food with crab ragoon please. O.M.G. I'm really hungry now.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Lean beef. Since muscle weighs more than fat, eating all this hamburger has been making me pack on the pounds. I need to get my diet in check and stop soon before it gets excessive.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    If it is crunchy and salty, I had better measure out a serving and put the rest away!!
  • rcornetta
    Options
    candy corn and milk.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. Cereal(cinnamon).

It's a problem.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    dunkin' donuts iced coffees and coolatas...

I didn't know, but recently found out, that you could specify that you want these made w/ skim milk. Saves a lot of calories, which is good because I love the coffee coolatas!!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Pringles!!!

But my saviour in losing weight was baked beans with mushrooms and grated cheese.

Now I am in maintenance I have pringles in moderation :-)