Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I saw this too!
    It will be on Dr. Phil tomorrow and The Doctors on Wednesday

and shortly thereafter on Dr Oz
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    uh huh, basically diet and exercise for $$$. You'd be nutz to waste your money on it when there are so many FREE diet and exercise programs out there that are just as effective! Try this if you need help:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/
  • jamieheyl
    jamieheyl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to interject a positive experience with PINK ... I bought it when I saw it on Dr. Phil, right when it came out. I didn't particularly follow the diet plan but I did do the DVDs for several months. The workouts are not easy and over the course of a few months, I lost about 10 pounds and gained a LOT of muscle tone. I went from about 135 to 125 from November to March, doing them 4-5 times a week. Yes there are plenty of free diet and exercise plans out there but I'm the kind of person that needs someone to tell me what to do and when to do it. My neighbor and I did it together and I enjoyed the program as well as the results I got :-)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    no thanks.... I'm doing just fine making mainly healthy eating choices, staying around my goal weekly calories...
  • here2help
    Options
    I received the P.I.N.K. method as a birthday gift almost 2 years ago. My thighs, arms, and butt are the firmest and smallest they have ever in my adult life. I lost 30lbs and kept it off for 2 years so far... doing the P.I.N.K. Method WORKOUTS ONLY.

I've been following my own meal plan but now I aim to lose another 30 lbs so I've started following their meal plan suggestions. I find if I lose weight too fast I gain it all back again. P.I.N.K. Has given me the body, positive attitude, and motivation to keep going and live well not just be skinny.

I was hesitant to try it but now I can't stop because it makes my body feel so good!

Gym-Rat gone P.I.N.K. Method,

Kristin from Canada
  • reeses916
    reeses916 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'll have to tell you critics I lost over 42 lbs in 3 monthe using the Pink Method. It is actually really good and changes the way you view food in your life. Only for the motivated and this blog doesn't have the most open minded view points. Stay positive for those really in need of dramatic weight loss.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of pounds and several dress sizes doing just plain ole calorie counting and exercise, including weight lifting. No need for any expensive DVDs, you can download stronglifts 5x5 programme for free and there are a lot of free cardio workouts online, and the MFP app is free and there are lots of free websites that will tell you which foods contain protein, fat and carbohydrate to help you balance your macros while using the free MFP app. And social support on the FREE MFP forums too, right here, in this very place.

so yeah, I don't doubt that this PINK thing works, seeing as it's all calorie counting and workouts that seem to include cardio and strength training and a forum for social support......... but why PAY for that when you can get all that for free?
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't buy it. Those ladies seem to be sucking it in on the after photos and the plan is expensive. You're better off buying a cheaper workout dvd at Walmart (or even borrowing some from the library!) and just counting calories/eating healthy.

I lost 100 lbs in about a year and I didn't buy anything special to do it... I just wrote down everything I ate in a notebook and walked 3 to 6 miles a day.
    Tons of free workout videos on youtube.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    1. This is a zombie thread from 2011.
    2. From WebMD, "Like many other diet plans, you go through different phases on the P.I.N.K. method. In the first phase, which lasts 3 to 14 days, you’ll be eating very few calories: about 1,000 a day, according the sample menus. "
    3. MyFitnessPal has rules against very low calorie diets.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I did some research on diet plans the last time I committed to one. As a part of that research, I looked at Consumer Reports. The result?

MFP blows the other plans out of the water in terms of pounds lost, time the weight was kept off, consumer satisfaction and ease of use.

Why would you pay more to get less?
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    You would think that Dr. Phil would learn after having to pay out $10.5 when he dabbled in weight loss scams the first time (http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2006-09-26-dr-phil-diet_x.htm).

Don't waste your money on gimmicks. Plenty of great, free info here.

Exactly!

Honestly, any diet/exercise plan that guarantees that you will lose ___ weight by doing it, usually doesn't do $#!^. "Just sayin'"

+1
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this radical new method. It's where I eat less food, move more and learn self control. It's insane! I weighed myself this morning, and I dropped almost 31 pounds!