I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• pocketmel
    Options
    I thought I was a 36 b and I am a 34ddd. Who knew?! Thanks for the site. :smile:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    not sure about it's sizing... I'm definitely not a D cup, my girls swim in a C cup!

Actually, that's the point. Most bras are too big in the band and too small in the cup, so the size we buy from common manufacturers isn't the true size and we end up being tricked into thinking we are a smaller cup size than we are. I have large breasts and a small rib cage, so my real cup size is quite shocking, but if I could actually find a bra that size it would probably fit like a dream. Goddess bras come the closest to a proper fit and they make small band sizes with large cups, yay.
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have *finaly* started to lose some boobage! I was a 42/44 I (DDDDD) when I started this journey and yeah I went down to a DDDD but man I kept saying I would be happy with a DD or a D even! I am sure I don't have to tell you ladies how hard it is to find a *good* high impact sports bra at a decent price! lol
    Well, I am finally down to a 38 DD!! I am super excited! I tried on some nice bras at Cato's the other day that were on clearance...the cup sizes were all over the place! I tried on 38 DD in every bra and all of them fit different. The last one I tried I could have fit two of one of my boobies in that cup! it was swimming in them! hahaha.

So I just say all that to say Yup! always try it on...they fit so different even within same brand, different styles...just save yourself a return trip and try in on ;)
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    This thread is my new best friend! Thank you!
    I've always said it made no sense to measure the under bust and then add inches for a bra, the cup is just the difference between the 2. So you may well be a bigger cup than you think, YIPPEE, because the stores have you in too big an under bust band.

PS - My OH is pleased to point out your link is for a Polish site - as he is from there and thinks they know everything! Yeh, ok whatever!
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    bump
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump to measure at home.
  • natty_34
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • wanitah1
    wanitah1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump for Later )
    )
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Bumping because it seems to be pretty accurate!

The US sizes are scary though (I'm in Europe). I never thought I could be a K cup, but apparently I can!
  • nicole_land
    Options
    bump
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. =)
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I tried it, it said I was a 34H. I've tried on 34s in the store but they're always too small, so I end up with a 36 or 38. If I wear too small a band size my back and underarm fat surround it and look awful. Where do you find an H? I've never seen anything higher than a DDD and even those are hard to find when you drop bellow a 40 band.

Fredrick of Hollywood carries much more extended sizes. It stinks that so many companies assume that if you have a larger cup size you are automatically thick trunked. I am a 34 or a 32 depending on weight and I can find F or G for those at Fredricks. Some Dillards have them also.
  • bellesmama75
    Options
    bump
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I got a bra fitting at La Senza at about the -30 pound mark. My bra size through this calculator is the exact same. So... La Senza is awesome!
  • dschavers
    dschavers Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    WAAAY wrong on mine...WAAAAAAAAAAAAY
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    SUPER helpful, this is right on for me.
  • Crisitunity
    Crisitunity Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wear 34A and this calculator tells me I am actually 34AA. Much closer than going to VS or La Senza or even pricier lingerie shops who have all told me I am a C cup based on measurements. Nevermind getting me in one and seeing me swim in it... hahaha.