Replies

• cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    That is fantastic!
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    That was an awesome story and a wonderful NSV!!! My son plays baseball (he's 10) and I wish you were an umpire for him! Congratulations and enjoy your umping!
  • bethc370
    bethc370 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    THis was not only beautifully written, but a huge inspiration. Congratulations, and keep up the hard work. Way to go!!
  • mn145
    mn145 Posts: 17
    Options
    That's great! Nice job in losing 70 lbs! Major accomplishment!
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Batter Up! I love your story and you are a very good writer. I was crying by the end of your post.

Congratulations.
  • wkrd
    wkrd Posts: 45
    Options
    God bless you for sharing your inspirational story!! You are amazing!!
  • InPieces3
    Options
    That is awesome! Your story made me tear up a little. How many of us have stories similar to that. To be obese is hard enough, but to not be able to wear something because of it is hard. I'm not in a 3x shirt, but I refuse to show even one ounce of my fat. And I refuse to do things in fear of people seeing my fat jiggle. I have missed out on a lot, and it hurts.

This made me smile. Congratulations and you keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic story! You are amazing, good luck as you continue on your journey.
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am FROM Williamsport, we would be lucky to have you in one of the games here! Love your story and congratulations on your hard work!
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful story. Have a great season!
  • mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    what a fantastic NSV< congrats!!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    COngratulations! What an accomplishment!
  • falcon367
    Options
    That is incredible!! Keep up the awesome work ... I love stories like this!!! :)
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You are not only a great inspiration in terms of weight loss and resilience, but an awesome writer as well. I really had no idea where you were going with the story, but you pulled me in......

big congrats - - and i'm sure it feels great to be able to hear that zipper zip all the way up!
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for sharing! Such a wonderful story!
  • prpljellybean
    prpljellybean Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awwww! Great story! I love it! Congrats!! :smile:
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    beautiful story!! And how rewarding is that!! Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels!!! Amazing!!!!! I am driven now- hitting 2 classes tomorrow!!!!
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I've read...well, all of your posts, I think. And for some reason, this one got to me a little more than the others, though they have all been inspiring. Maybe it's because I grew up playing little league (aka, "Dixie Youth" here in VA) and still play softball all summer/fall now. I dunno, but I can almost picture you umpiring my games. You'd be a favorite, for sure. I'm so proud of you. I'm so excited for every little success because none of them are little. I understand the magnitude of being able to wear your shin guards under your pants for the first time. I am standing behind the back stop as you umpire your umpteenth game, and I am smiling and applauding you. Glad to know you, good sir.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Wow, I'm glad this story didn't end in a different direction, like I was thinking. I don't know why that would be a "shameful" secret, a secret yes, but shameful, no, not in my opinion. I'm happy for you, I'm glad you feel like one of the guys, I'm happy you are losing this weight, and came to a place you felt comfortable to tell this story, assuming because of the shin guards fitting correctly now.

way to go buddy!:happy:
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!