Ladies, how do you deal with a break up?

Options

Replies

• shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.

I fully agree with this. And wine.

I concur.
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You should read the book "it's called a breakup because it's broken" The smart girls breakup buddy. It's got some awesome advice...it's like my bible!

I'm gonna check this book out! lol
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    How lovely!
    Time... and focusing on yourself. Whenever I break up with someone, I always start a new and different exercise routine or do something that I love that I haven't done in awhile. You're the only person you'll have forever, so you have to make sure YOU are happy first, and don't worry about anyone else for awhile. Making myself feel good boosts self esteem and makes me feel stronger, physically and mentally!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I have a "doesn't eat" take to it too, hahaha. I prefer it to the "eat everything in sight" though. I usually tell a friend all about the break up, we go do something fun (like playing Super Mario video games), and then go home and try to get my mind off things. Talk to new guys (no intention of relationships, just to freshen my mind). Work out, because then I'm officially on the market, so I need to step my game up again. Also, can't let an ex see you look bad, right? :wink:
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Wanna have sex?
  • beccannes
    Options
    I think the best thing is to realize your self worth. Despite who broke it off it was not right and you do not want to waste your time on something that is not right. Once you meet the perfect guy for you you will look back on any men that you have dated in the past or you were interested in and realize that they meant nothing anyway.
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to how we deal with this. I'm definitely going along the path of 'never sleeps, loses appetite' way of coping.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :tongue: this thread is going to be part of my therapy over the next few days....thanks everyone :heart: you guys rock!!!!
  • Lacebopp
    Lacebopp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I stay busy and do things I enjoy more often.
    Yes! Also, getting myself in shape and seeing the way he's looking at me whenever we meet REALLY Helps! LOL
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the "under someone" is a quick fix for self esteem. Heart, no. Only time helps that. Lots of family and friend love can help. Get out, stay busy. Live life and do not look back.
  • FeliciaFitRNModel
    Options
    I kick him in the balls
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to how we deal with this. I'm definitely going along the path of 'never sleeps, loses appetite' way of coping.

I would say that's all okay for the first week as you need time to grieve a little.Then you have to pick yourself back up and start putting yourself first. Pamper yourself at the spa or make your own home spa, kill it in the gym, eat for your health and yes indulge a little bit in your favorite treats. Go out with friends and stay busy. Sorry for your heart ache ~ you will get past this! :flowerforyou:
  • SeahawkFan1
    Options
    I tend to cry but then again they shouldn't be worth your tears. I would hit the gym or grab a friend and do a night out with drinks and some comfort food :)
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.

I fully agree with this. And wine.

Well damn, I thought I'd have something useful to input but here it is. Get drunk and have awesome sex.
    :laugh:
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Lots of ways but one really fun way is to fly somewhere exotic..........
  • peterson_jessica
    Options
    Haha.. your situation is not funny, but it's funny that this popped up since I sent my BF of 13 months packing an hour ago! My best advice is to channel all of your time and energy into bettering yourself. Eat healthy and kill it in the gym. You will be over him in no time... promise :)
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we guys can be real tools...
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You'll be sad for a while... Most days I feel so happy and then something will get me and I'll cry a little bit or get sad for a short while, but that's usually short lived. It's okay to be sad...just don't be sad forever. Never let anyone dim your light in the world.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I balance my sadness with anger. When I start getting really depressed, I remember how he hurt me and the rage helps me move forward. I also write everything I'm thinking down. I actually have a blog app on my phone, so I can journal on the go. It helps me actually be productive with my thoughts and process them instead of going in circles thinking the same half formed things over and over. I also talk to friends about it-don't think you're being annoying. Friends are supposed to be there for you in these times. And stay away from things that seem to trigger negative feelings. Just don't keep your feelings and thoughts suppressed. You're going to have to deal with it at some point, so better to work through everything now so you don't have to later!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Go about your business...he's not worth it. Seriously. You need to remind yourself that it's all for a reason and dating is process in which you find "the one". You can't marry every man you date, and you certainly would rather find out sooner than later that he's a creep. Sucks, yeah. So, throw on something that makes you feel hot. Go somewhere that's guaranteed to be an ego boost. It doesn't have to be a bar, and it doesn't have to be with the intent to meet a man, but just to get checked out and "validated". I thought it was strange that I had a place, but have found that my friends do as well. For me, it's a specific Starbucks...never fails, there are always young men in there that will check me out (too young for me to date, but they always make me feel good about myself). So, I'll usually start there if my girlfriends aren't available....then a little retail therapy (who couldn't use a new sweater or dress?)....and then dinner with my girlfriends when they're available. I'll grab a movie on the way home and just chill. Usually a chick flick that I wouldn't normally watch, but am now able to watch because there's not a guy around.

The main thing is do not over indulge in ice cream and alcohol....you pack on the pounds and feel like crap. Do things to make you feel good. Take time for you. And, just know that you're one step closer to meeting Mr Right.