Post your useless trivia

Options

Replies

• grammysboy
    grammysboy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What's the medical term for the "growling" sound your stomach makes? Borborygmus. Now...use it in a sentence and work it into a conversation with your co-workers.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i havent read through what others have said yet...
    but i am the queen of useless trivia unfortunately its all my brain seems to remember soo....

- the word fall for autumn thought to be American... nu uh it started in Britain but we dropped it here early 1800's
    - by 2020 there will be more cars in China alone than there were in the entire planet in 2000
    - the right page of a book is called the recto and the left verso
    - 7 out of 10 British dogs get presents from their owners
    - all embryos are female for the first 6 weeks, this is why men have nipples
    - we actually have 4 nostrils 2 external and 2 internal
    - first world war german uniforms were made from nettles

thats it off the top of my head...
  • hjensen2263
    hjensen2263 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A sea anemone only has one gastric cavity, so they vomit up their poop through their mouths.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    99% of statistics are made up over 50% of the time every other day in months that contain 2 or more vowels but not to include the sometimes acceptable "Y",............... or something :glasses:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Men are biologically more attracted to women with big butts because this indicates fertility.

and I can not lie...
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    The term"The whole 9 yards" originated with fighter pilots in WWII. Machine gun belts were 27 feet in length. When a pilot came back empty, he had given the enemy, "The whole 9 yards".
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Whenever you perform a lateral flow assay (such as a pregnancy test) the indicator line that changes color is made of gold that has been suspended in solution. It looks purple.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Karl Marx was financially dependent on his long-time intellectual partner Friedrich Engels, whose family owned a mill.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    in cantonese slang, yee-maah which is the word for period. in usual conversation it is the word for auntie, which ties into the euphemism.

"you wanna hang out today?" "

"I can't my auntie is here".

.true story.

Your aunite's name wouldn't happen to be "Flo", would it? <bazinga>
  • coolraul07
    Options
    There are more sheep than people in New Zealand.

I heard this once, any Kiwis feel free to dispute that, it may not be true.
    There's a "Truely Tasteless Humor" joke in there, but I'm not going to be the one to say it... :happy:
  • coolraul07
    Options
    83.9% of all statistics are made up.
    14% of people know this fact. .......
    And i'm 1 of them. :smokin:

Also, there are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary, and those that don't! :tongue:
  • coolraul07
    Options
    Men are biologically more attracted to women with big butts because this indicates fertility.
    In times of famine, men find larger women more attractive.
    ...cuz they must know where to find some food!
  • coolraul07
    Options
    Wile E. Coyote once actually caught the roadrunner, then held up a sign asking the viewers, "Okay guys, I caught him. What now?"
    I saw that ep. He held up that sign because he was shrunked down to the size of the RR's foot.
  • coolraul07
    Options

and I can not lie...

"You other bruthas can't deny..." </Sir Mix-A-Lot>
  • masterharper64
    Options
    It's impossible to lick your own elbow (the outside bit) :smokin:

/Sits back and watches people try

False. I can do this.

prove it

I saw this demonstrated on tv recently when a girl in the audience during an episode of Russel Howards Good News (BBC UK) actually licked her own elbow during the show........so it can be done
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Selegiline, a drug used for treating canine hyperadrenocorticism, breaks down into methamphetamine.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    My daughter is full of useless trivia, so I have a ton. The latest, an elephant poops 260 pounds a day. And an average human has about ten pounds of skin.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Cat's urine glows under a blacklight.

Cat's only pee on stuff when their litter box is not clean.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Its gets dark out at night time and light in the day.
  • Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    As much as its called a woodie.. a hard male sexual organ is not made of wood

Lol... same with the term boner, there is infact no actual bone in the penis! :P

Actually......there is an actual bone in the penis of many mammals (humans not included). It is called the baculum. :)