What has been / is your biggest food pitfall?

Options

Replies

• KJ14
    KJ14 Posts: 287
    Options
    Chocolate. I love chocolate. I avoid it at work by not taking any change with me - can't get anything out of the vending machines without pocket change. At the grocery stores I have to walk around with blinders on, which isn't always easy. I try to give myself one day a week where I allow myself a chocolate bar. that way I'm not depriving myself completely and end up binging on the stuff.
  • xXMichigan_DJXx
    Options
    Late night eating, Gas station cappucinos, and mindless nomming during video games...

This is my second time thru MFP. The first time I lost over 80 pounds. 280-197 in a year. I gained 40 back in a year by just going back to old habits. (see above)

Working on getting back into it with my wife and friends. We did great last time, I know we can do it again!
  • lucypaige_
    Options
    Mine's got to be biscuits. They're at work, home, friend's houses, everywhere! I'm ok if I don't eat them but once I have one. . . Coca-cola has to be my other one but that's hardly ever in the house so it isn't as bad as the biscuits.
  • turquoise3
    turquoise3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Cheese. But i just switch to the lower fat/healthier options/smaller portions.
  • ljoynes
    ljoynes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Potato chips, chocolate & Boredom. I don't deny myself with the chips & the chocolate. I will buy a small individual size bag of chips or with chocolate a fun size bar but then I have to count it in my food diary. Boredom will make me eat so I try to keep busy & doing things. Since I have been working with a trainer this last 2 weeks that's been easier for me.
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Had a great garden this year and with that came homemade salsa!!! Not too bad but the chips are killing me!!!
  • mrsfickle
    mrsfickle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Late night eating, holidays, and fast food!
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Cheese and cereal. I generally don't buy them, but occasionally I have a moment of weakness and they jump into my shopping cart at the grocery store. I just know they're only going to last a day or two, I just can NOT control my portions. So basically I just try really hard to not buy them in the first place.
  • elliemae207
    Options
    Corn chips, potato chips, banana chips... no matter how they name 'em chips!! Boohoo! :frown:
  • TrashyAbercrombie
    TrashyAbercrombie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Cheetos... I cannot be in the vicinity of a bag of cheetos without nomming down the whole bag. Especially the jalapeno ones. :I
  • bertabird
    Options
    Pastries, cake, cookies, bars, pie, banana bread, any kind of baked goodies. Before I decided to change my life and joined MFP I was eating crackers, Cheetos (with that nacho cheese in a cup for dipping!), chips, candy, chocolate, granola bars, donuts, pastries. If it was fattening, sweet, or had any kind of chewy gooey goodness, my lips were on it and I actually had danishes on my *kitten* to prove it! ;o)

I also am a pizza junkie. I need my pizza fix at least once a month.

But as for the goodies and Cheetos, I haven't touched a granola bar, donut, pastry, or Cheeto since April.

I pick my battles. And I also grab a low cal cheese stick or South Beach bar to curb the craves. Pizza, there are substitutes, and although I enjoy the substitutes, I gotta have REAL cheesy gooey pizza at least once a month.

My chocolate fixes are always cured with a chocolate peanut butter protein shake that I make myself. It is the bomb!
  • notyouraveragetalia
    Options
    For me its less about the actual item than it is not listening to my body. I can overeat unhealthy or healthy items equally, if I get in that moment where I've gone too long without eating and feel as though I need to eat everything in sight. It also comes down to preperation, beacuse I'm not the best at winging it.

But one thing that sticks out abover the rest: cereal. I can't control myself. I love it so much, and my boyfriend will eat a whole box in a sitting. I just have to pretend its not there :brokenheart:
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is a tablespoon of peanut butter...now I just use a measuring spoon and stick to 1 :)
  • bertabird
    Options
    Late night eating, Gas station cappucinos, and mindless nomming during video games...

This is my second time thru MFP. The first time I lost over 80 pounds. 280-197 in a year. I gained 40 back in a year by just going back to old habits. (see above)

Working on getting back into it with my wife and friends. We did great last time, I know we can do it again!

I am so happy for your loss, but so sad it came back! Keep going! You did it before, you can do it again! ;o)
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Takeaway food. Chinese, Pizza, Indian, even Kebabs. I love it all!

In fact this post is just giving me cravings... :/
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Nutella... People ask me what I eat it with. I'm like "My fingers, duh!".
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Bread and cheese typically... in the form of grilled cheese of course. Chocolate is sometimes a bad one as well as salty munching snacks like chips. I just don't buy them for right now or buy the individual size packs. Seems to help.
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sandwiches, yummmmmmmm...
  • Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    -Sugar in my coffee
    -Thursday's in my office - It's bring a treat day
    -Chocolate digestives - you dunk one, you dunk them all
    -Any chinese food
    -Rice (although I now replace with brocolli as it soaks up sauce and it's yum!)
    -Chocolate, Dairy Milk is my favourite, small bars suck
  • bananabrownie
    Options
    Any packaged brand of cookie with the word cream in it
    Bread
    Pasta
    Jack Daniel's
    Nutella
    Cheerios
    Bananas
    Olives