5'1 - 5'2 ladies whats your goal weight :)

Options
I am 5'2 sometimes, with the right shoes! I initially had a goal weight but I am not sure if it is really that much of a difference. So I want to see everyones goal weights, and jean sizes or even goal measurements... I just wanna know if I am pushing myself enough or if I am settling for an easy obtained goal!

Replies

• shoelover78
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my goal is 120. Technically for my height and age it is supposed to be 109-115 but I don't see that as being realistic as I'm in my 30's... Last time I was on MFP, I got down to 130 and stalled; so I'm just taking by how I look or feel!
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'1" and i'm 22 years old accodring to the BMI chart on MFP I should be 97-132 pounds so at the moment i'm working towards 132 and once I reach that weight then I want to be 110-125 (haven't decided yet, just depends on how I look and feel).
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and had a goal weight of 118, I'm at 114 right now and I'm happy here, but would love to put on a few lbs in muscle. So, I would be happy somewhere between 115-120. For me right now, it's more about how my clothes fit.
  • size3forever
    Options
    I am 5"2", 48 yrs old and Asian woman. My goal is 120, maybe 115 lb. I don't know if it is possible anymore because of the fact that it seems like I am going into menopause. My weight was 115 lb 8 yrs ago, when I was 40. I hope I can make it.
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 110 right now! :smile: I can't wait to fit into my favorite pair of pants again!!!
  • monpettitefleur
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 5ft 0", 33 and 140lb uk size 10-12.
    My goal is 130 perfect 10 :-)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    5'2" - 115-110 is the goal I'm shooting for.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my goal is 120. Technically for my height and age it is supposed to be 109-115 but I don't see that as being realistic as I'm in my 30's... Last time I was on MFP, I got down to 130 and stalled; so I'm just taking by how I look or feel!

I am the same - 5'1" with a goal weight of 120 lbs. I was down to 130 earlier this year, but gained some of it back. I, too, am in my 30's. I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs. I was down to a size 4-6 but am back up to about an 8. I started running again, so hopefully that should get me back down to where I was.
  • elfpearl
    elfpearl Posts: 191
    Options
    I'm 5' even, hit my ideal goal of 105 and reset my goal to 99 lbs...however, lately I've been thinking I might be happy where I'm at because size 0s are fitting pretty good and I don't want to start shopping in the kids section lol! :) I have been about 115 most of my life though and although it does feel good to be thinner anything under 115 feels pretty okay.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7"

Until I take my shoes off, then 5'1" =P

I'm maintaining at 108-110, and 17% body fat right now. Ultimate goal is 15% body fat, and whatever weight that comes with.
  • graceinbreath
    graceinbreath Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 years old and 5'2" tall. I started MFP about 5 months ago weighing 173. My goal weight is 138. My goal BMI is anything within the "acceptable range" ... when i started it was at 33%, now down to 31 - hoping to get it to 23 or below... I was a US womens size 14/16 when I started and now I'm down to a comfy almost baggy size 12. I currently weigh about 155. I hope to be wearing a size 8 or 10 when I hit 138 pounds. However, all of that said, at the end of the day - my BMI is more important than my weight and how I feel and look naked is more important than any number. So, if I keep toning/lifting sculpting and I end up being 143 and wearing a 10 and I'm happy, well then. so be it. nuff said.
  • czmmom
    czmmom Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2" and my goal weight is 130 pounds. I am 2 pounds away.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I started out thinking 120 but partly for a personal reason that gives me much psychological satisfaction more than anything else and partly to give my self breathing room for the inevitable fluctuations, I settled on 115 as the final goal. Might go as low as 112 but no lower. I want to stay in the middle of the healthy range so I am not in danger of being unhealthy on either end of the spectrum. If I can get my waist down to 26.5", that should give me:

BMI: 21.4 http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Body Fat %: 20.68% http://www.freedieting.com/tools/body_fat_calculator.htm

Works for me. I know alot of people want to go lower than that in BMI and BF but this will be perfectly satisfactory to me....not looking to be "buff" or get a bunch of muscle definition that puts geometric shapes on my body. Just to be healthy and make the doctor take my knee pain seriously and get it solved without falling back on my weight as a catch all excuse. Almost 72 down and 43 lbs. to go. 13 by Christmas if I have anything to say about it and my body cooperates.
  • chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    Hi I'm almost 55 yrs old(4weeks time) lol I've been on here 16 months now Started out at at 188lbs and have lost 45lbs and I set my goal weight at ar about 136lbs as this would bring me into my healthy bmi range. Not ever thinking I would ever have the chance of ever reaching it! However I'm only about 7lbs off that target. I am at the stage now where I feel for me personally that won't be enough, possibly want to loose another 14lbs altogether, but will decide once I reach my target weight, as I am changing my body shape through weight training, and cardio, and will not worry about my weight and more on my health and fitness if that make sence to you? Each person will have differnt goals, and you will find which ones you want for yourself. Good Luck!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion, but use a different tool than the BMI. It's becoming more unused in the medical community as it doesn't take into account individual builds. I've done the BMI on at least 300 people, and I remember that only 2 have ever been in the healthy weight range! And they looked very thin.
    Anyway I'm 5'1.5". Started at 240lbs ish, currently 175, aiming for 160 and see how it feels. I'm hoping ill know when I get there, but think ill be happy around that.
  • sonnybunny100
    sonnybunny100 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot and a half inch, and I started off at 209, hoping to get down to 160. That is what I was at my lightest as an adult, and I think that's realistic. I know it's not in my DNA or body type to weigh 110 pounds, even though that's "healthy." I am very top heavy and have wide hips so I would look ridiculous at that weight! :-)
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 1/2 and currently around 111 with 14% BF and 32 years old. When I first started I wanted to get back to 118 but once I got there set new goals to decrease BF etc. I was happy maintaining for a long time at 113 but in the last few weeks of my marathon training I went down to 110-111. I've been here for about a month and still trying to decide if I like it or want to bulk a little over the winter.
  • fit4life76
    fit4life76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, almost 5'3" and my goal is 125 at this point..I haven't weighed less than that since I had my 3rd baby.
  • Westel730
    Options
    I'm curious about the clothes sizes. I am 5'1", small-boned. Until I had children, my average weight was 110. Then I wore a size misses 8 (I have a big rib-cage because I sing), sometimes a junior 7. After the children, I gained weight steadily over the next 25 years until I weighed 165. Then I lost 35 pounds. But at 130 pounds, I still couldn't fit into a size 12! I was exercising, walking, looked and felt great. But I couldn't fit into the smaller clothes. My self-esteem shrank and I eventually gained it all back, plus 20 more pounds, which I'm trying to lose.

So when I hear someone at a similar weight able to wear a size 10, I wonder what the heck's going on with clothes sizes? :-(
  • Lollops
    Lollops Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", and my ultimate goal is to be less than 100lbs. My first goal though is to get to 118lbs!

I find it so difficult to loose weight though! Is it harder for shorter people? We're allowed less calories but I'm sure we get just as hungry as everyone else! It's so not fair! <3