200+ (Week 20) Fling Into Spring!

Options

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link Lacey! I'm just worried about getting a different brand than my hrm and it not working. I have a Reebok Precision XT and they are really hard to find.

Can you just find the ellastic strap part to hook up to the HRM? Or do you need the whole thing?

Blombie......maybe contact Reebok or whomever makes it and ask them???

I looked on their website and I don't think they even make hrms anymore. I can't find it anywhere! Maybe I will send them an email though and see if they can help me.
  • Andria915
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    I'm new to this fitnesspal site and trying to find a board that may help kick my butt into high gear. My name is Andria, I'm 31, married, and I have 4 little boys (the youngest being 7 months). I am currently taking a year off to stay home with my little one, but, come the fall, I will return to teaching--I'm a band director, although, trying to make the switch to elementary music. My weight was never an issue until I started having little ones in my early 20s. It only fluctuated as I finished college, went through a divorce, went through a "find myself" period, packed up my boys and my life, moved 600 miles away, and started over. Since moving to Austin, I met my wonderful husband, had a baby, and if it hadn't been for Hypermesis my entire pregnancy, I would probably be bordering 300, instead I'm hovering at 215. I actually delivered my Sammy weighing LESS than when I actually got pregnant--very sad. At my lowest emotional point, I was 260, this is when I got pregnant...I am now between 215/217--I actually just GAINED 5 pounds when I returned to my hometown for a week--I blame it for making me fat in the past :ohwell:

I am looking for support, friends, and women who have faced the same struggles with weight as I have. I know that I can't do this alone. I look forward to getting to know all of you and hope to face this weight issue down as a team!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link Lacey! I'm just worried about getting a different brand than my hrm and it not working. I have a Reebok Precision XT and they are really hard to find.

Can you just find the ellastic strap part to hook up to the HRM? Or do you need the whole thing?

Blombie......maybe contact Reebok or whomever makes it and ask them???

I looked on their website and I don't think they even make hrms anymore. I can't find it anywhere! Maybe I will send them an email though and see if they can help me.

I searched online for it too with no luck. The price of a new one on amazon.com is almost the price for a Polar HRM which always gets good reviews. that sucks!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    . I am making a goal to go for at least 30 minutes on the elliptical though. Even if it is at a nice slow pace. Something is better than nothing.
    that's so true! just get moving, even if it is slow and not for a long time!

That's what I did. I'm just not feeling the exercise, but i at least got on the tready and walked 2 miles. even if it was at a slow pace, its better than sitting on my bum all day :)

Yeah I guess sometimes its better to just take it easy and see what happens. I am always so paranoid that I am not going to keep losing weight if I don't keep pushing through it.

I tried on a dress last night that I bought at about the same weight...yeah. It fits now again, not so tight in the thighs. I don't know why I was so disheartened by trying it on and not seeing it fit better but I sure was. It seems like I can get either exercise or eating right but not both at the same time. Ultimately I have to remember that if I stay within my calorie limit I will most likely be okay, but I'd still like to shoot for eating healthier than I am now! I do good some days and then weeks like this it just sucks. I've eaten out for lunch three times already this week. Granted it was decent choices, but I want to stay away from that stuff as much as possible. I've just been tired on the weekends and haven't wanted to do my usual Sunday afternoon cookfest for the following week.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Seems like none of us wanna excercise, really... I know I dont, but I will have to tonite, even if it is a slow pace... My breakfast (lunch) sandwich was 608 calories!:grumble: Too bad I didn't check the cal content before I bought it.. But I did get egg white instead of reg eggs... too bad, so sad..lmao! I'm gonna try & make it to 6 pgs before our new thread! lol
  • Nikki143
    Options
    (I did it) lol
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    I'm new to this fitnesspal site and trying to find a board that may help kick my butt into high gear. My name is Andria, I'm 31, married, and I have 4 little boys (the youngest being 7 months). I am currently taking a year off to stay home with my little one, but, come the fall, I will return to teaching--I'm a band director, although, trying to make the switch to elementary music. My weight was never an issue until I started having little ones in my early 20s. It only fluctuated as I finished college, went through a divorce, went through a "find myself" period, packed up my boys and my life, moved 600 miles away, and started over. Since moving to Austin, I met my wonderful husband, had a baby, and if it hadn't been for Hypermesis my entire pregnancy, I would probably be bordering 300, instead I'm hovering at 215. I actually delivered my Sammy weighing LESS than when I actually got pregnant--very sad. At my lowest emotional point, I was 260, this is when I got pregnant...I am now between 215/217--I actually just GAINED 5 pounds when I returned to my hometown for a week--I blame it for making me fat in the past :ohwell:

I am looking for support, friends, and women who have faced the same struggles with weight as I have. I know that I can't do this alone. I look forward to getting to know all of you and hope to face this weight issue down as a team!

Hi Andria!! Welcome!!! We post new threads either late Thursday night or early Friday morning and normally AKA lets us know here when she starts the new thread. (You'll be looking for "200+ (Week 21) Fling into Spring!" tonight...or something similar). Pinot keeps a chart for us to keep up with our challenges. We have about 2-3 weeks left in this challenge and then we will create a new one. Normally we set a 10 pound goal for a 6-7 week time frame but you can make your goal whatever you want it to be. Don't be afraid to ask questions or get personal. We are a very open group of individuals :laugh: :happy:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    per request of cds here is a before and an in progress picture:

98yr29.jpg

28vvjfd.jpg
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Welcome Andria:flowerforyou: just jump in and start posting. We talk about everything:wink:
  • Nikki143
    Options
    ohhhhh damn pinbot, i can't see them, I'll have to wait till I get home then... Work blocks EVERYTHING!!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Welcome Andria!

I hope you enjoy this group. We start a thread late Thursday night/early Friday morning, so tonight I'll start one entitled "200+ (Week 21) Fling Into Spring!". People post their weekly weights sometime before the weekend is up (most of us weigh-in on Friday). We're over halfway through this current challenge (this one ends March 26; we do 6-week challenges), but you're welcome to jump right in. If you could post your starting weight (if you want to wait until tomorrow's new thread, that's cool), and your goal weight for this particular challenge, pinbot will add you to our weight chart. It's great to see how everyone's done so far. You can look through this post and previous threads of ours to keep track of what's been going on. It's been a great support for me, and I think others. Good place for suggestions, advice, and a great place to vent! Welcome!

ETA: peeps already responded you about the group, but I'll leave my welcome in place anyways.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I was just going to edit my last response, but this deserve it's own reply.

HOLY HELL VICTORIA- YOU LOOK A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Seriously- fantastic! I'm so proud of you. You totally deserve it. I sincerely hope you realize how amazingly fantastic you look. Wowsas!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    Victoria you seriously look athletic to me! lol
  • ejm0306
    ejm0306 Posts: 45
    Options
    Pinbot : You look Great!!!!! I haven't been on here long, but those pictures give me amazing hope!!!

Andria : Welcome!! I'm still in the new phase on the board and I'm loving it!! These women are amazing. Welcome and Good Luck!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    OMG...Just a minute before I have to fly out the door again...Hubby took the day off and we have been busy outdoors cleaning up the place, took some scrap metal in to town and bought some drywall for the dining room. We started out this morning with a workout and I am feeling so much better!!!! Not sure how weigh in will go...but if your theory is right Pinbot, I should drop...I didn't take any days off...but I lightened the workout....ALOT! Wrestling tonight!

Pinbot...how fantastic your progress is...my goodness...your arms look so small now....Great Job!!! I am going to have to dig some old photos up...maybe I would feel better about the slow painful process....but goodness, I can't say I took many pictures when I was at my heaviest...but I might try to give it a look -see...

Hope you are all well, I've been MIA this week, but I'll try to catch up on posts soon!!
    Hugs everyone!!!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Just found this site in another forum on here, and wanted to make sure none of you missed it.

It's a link to Mens Health magazine, but it lists a bunch of smoothie recipes and the nutritional content. Some are outrageous in calories, so be careful!!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Wow Pinbot!! You look fantastic!!!
    I need to take a pic right now and one in 10 lbs, etc!

Well, its official. I'm traveling to Canada the first week of May. I have 7 weeks to lose more weight. If I lost 1 lbs per week, I'd be right around 200. That would be wonderful!

I'm good with calories today so I might skip the gym tonight. I am sore and maybe my body needs time to heal too. I don't know. Not sure what I should do! Haa hahaaa
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Pinot!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK MAH VELOUS!!!!! (said w/ my best billy crystal impression).
    Seriously, you should be so proud of yourself!!!! I have a before picture taken, and in 5 or 6 more pounds i am going to take another. That way i can see what 30 pounds dropped looks like.

Welcome to the new members!! This is a great group. Like others have said, we focus on weight loss/fitness, but rant about husbands, work, life, etc.....all those things that make us hop in a bag of Doritos, or cuddle up to Ben and jerrys (my personal fave).
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Oh gawd. You said Ben and Jerry's!! Icecream is like my thing! LOL....lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaaaaa
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! I had mom take the picture this afternoon. Isn't her lake beautiful? I'm glad she lives close to me. I can't wait to Kayak, Canoe and swim this summer.

okay cds - I know I'm a blond and miss things but where's the link?

If all goes well, we are walking up to the local restaurant for dinner in a few min.