really built and buff men.

Options

Replies

• Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    oh dang .. I had written up a really good response the OP too .. lol but I hit "post reply" and I was no longer in that thread! .. I'll just observe this time .. :drinker:
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • victoria4321
    Options
    I only take advice from really built and buff men/women. For some reason I get the impression they know their shiz.

Oh no, don't fall for the bro science

Agreed. There's lots of buff guys and girls that got that way despite quasi-retarded training and nutrition rules. But they go spouting n=1 broscience telling you to do what they did! I heard a couple guys at the gym not long ago talking about how you should try not to sleep much because it helps rev your metabolism to stay awake for long periods of time. Then his bro replied that he heard it was the other way around- you should sleep a LOT to get fit.

**** this is a dumb thread. Does it really matter? Just eat, lift, repeat. Not hard.

Not everyone wants to look like Popeye.

Oh yeah of course. Some people would rather look fat.

Just to add: skinny fat is still the same
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I only take advice from really built and buff men/women. For some reason I get the impression they know their shiz.

Agreed. There's lots of buff guys and girls that got that way despite quasi-retarded training and nutrition rules. But they go spouting n=1 broscience telling you to do what they did! I heard a couple guys at the gym not long ago talking about how you should try not to sleep much because it helps rev your metabolism to stay awake for long periods of time. Then his bro replied that he heard it was the other way around- you should sleep a LOT to get fit.

**** this is a dumb thread. Does it really matter? Just eat, lift, repeat. Not hard.

Real%2BLife%2BPopeye.jpeg
    I agree that wouldn't be a good look for you.
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the really built and buff men and women who came before me and posted really good and sound advice.

If not for them, I might still be spinning my wheels eating 1200 and doing nothing but cardio.

^^This - absolutely!
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

Is that supposed to be an insult? What are you even trying to say?

Isn't it amusing how the ones that always rag on big guys or who people who lift hard end up having the worst bodies? And then they claim some asinine excuse like "oh well i don't want to get to bulky". uh huh.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the really built and buff men and women who came before me and posted really good and sound advice.

If not for them, I might still be spinning my wheels eating 1200 and doing nothing but cardio.

^ Yep this. Those that took the time too explain and also posted links so that I could do my own research. Saved me tons of time and effort doing a bunch of stuff that was unnecessary.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I know next to nothing about lifting, and I'm always messaging my friends for pointers! I really hate strength training, but I realize that building lean body mass will help keep the weight off and keep me healthy.
  • victoria4321
    Options
    I know next to nothing about lifting, and I'm always messaging my friends for pointers! I really hate strength training, but I realize that building lean body mass will help keep the weight off and keep me healthy.

You need to find a good program! I don't think any other work out feels better and is more empowering than heavy strength training. I love watching the numbers go up and having heavier plates on my bar every few weeks :bigsmile:
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This thread needs more Popeye references.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am neither skinny fat nor do I have a gross body. I'm just saying that some of us do not have a goal of being super muscular, we just want to be fit and healthy and thin. Why is your way the only way to embrace? Sometimes when people ask for advice it isn't "how can I look like Popeye?"
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Just for clarity, this is a stupid pointless thread, but it was in response to a thread saying it's always buff built guys who are rude and mean. I just started it to say I appreciate the buff built guys, gals, and everyone trying to get there.

I also appreciate popeye.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

You see the thing with bro science is that it works.

Who would have thought?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I am neither skinny fat nor do I have a gross body. I'm just saying that some of us do not have a goal of being super muscular, we just want to be fit and healthy and thin. Why is your way the only way to embrace? Sometimes when people ask for advice it isn't "how can I look like Popeye?"
    So, advice on how to be fit and healthy is somehow worthless if it comes from people that are... TOO fit and healthy? You know, you could always just stop before you become "super muscular"... though if you're in danger of that happening by some accident I think you should donate your body to science.
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    So, advice on how to be fit and healthy is somehow worthless if it comes from people that are... TOO fit and healthy? You know, you could always just stop before you become "super muscular"... though if you're in danger of that happening by some accident I think you should donate your body to science.

Seriously! Like if people lift heavy, they'll get super muscular. I'm glad it's THAT EASY, like they don't work they're butts off to look that way. People promote strength training because it's good for the body, not so you can wake up huge. Just doesn't happen.
  • victoria4321
    Options

That's just your perception and your opinion. Someone else could think totally opposite about your body.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options

That's just your perception and your opinion. Someone else could think totally opposite about your body.

Can't imagine why people think your a**holes.
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options

And she's lost 26 pounds so she probably knows what she's doing too. I go to the gym but I'm not a gym rat--really, I don't want to be one. I'm too busy just trying to work and take care of my house, farm, etc. Plus it's boring. It's convenient to go there and work out. Sometimes there's cute guys there---are they rude? Of course. The workout, the gym, their looks, all thses trivial things are their lives and where they have invested all of their feeling of self worth. When they see that there are people who don't really invest there or care about looking loke "popeye" or what ever, I suppose it's belittling what they place so much ego into.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

And she's lost 26 pounds so she probably knows what she's doing too. I go to the gym but I'm not a gym rat--really, I don't want to be one. I'm too busy just trying to work and take care of my house, farm, etc. Plus it's boring. It's convenient to go there and work out. Sometimes there's cute guys there---are they rude? Of course. The workout, the gym, their looks, all thses trivial things are their lives and where they have invested all of their feeling of self worth. When they see that there are people who don't really invest there or care about looking loke "popeye" or what ever, I suppose it's belittling what they place so much ego into.

WOW- How's the air up there on your high horse? You are super judgey about people you don't know and their goals in live and self worth.