What's the most backhanded compliment you've ever recieved?

Options
I've gotten quite a bit. God, people are *****es!:)

Replies

• ferb03
    ferb03 Posts: 82
    Options
    "You'd look really good if your *kitten* wasn't so big" Source of such niceness? My darling husband. Pitiful part is I really, really believed him and I only weighed 125 pounds. Pitiful. And the worst part is I am still married to the jerk.
  • juliakitten
    Options
    "You'd look really good if your *kitten* wasn't so big" Source of such niceness? My darling husband. Pitiful part is I really, really believed him and I only weighed 125 pounds. Pitiful. And the worst part is I am still married to the jerk.

Oh, hell no! I'm sorry. I hope he gets fat! :)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    "I have a box of old clothes in the garage that are too big for me now. I bet they'd look great on you; you should go take a look!"

No mom, I don't want your fat clothes.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    "she's really pretty, for a chubby girl."

-what a guy i USED to like said to my friend
  • debbifae
    debbifae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OMG, I have had that same thing about the clothes too big for me but from a so called friend! They may mean well, but it's like thanks but no thanks.

And winner of the back handed compliment that I bet most of us gals have heard is "You have such a pretty face!"

That's all for now!

Debbie :laugh:
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    You look great. For your age.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    "I love your confidence on the dance floor."

im a terrible dancer.
    I laughed so hard.
    best back-handed compliment ev-arr.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    From my mom just this week: You looked really skinny today. That woman standing next to you on the hill was so fat, she'd make anybody look thin.
  • 1TenaciousGirl
    Options
    Wow, you look good for having 5 kids. Really???? So I don't look good without the kids? What the hell ever! No qualifier for me...its coming someday.
  • tsmothers45
    Options
    A co-worker the other day told me I had lost a ton of weight. Thanks for noticing THE 55 POUNDS lost. That however does not equal a ton...
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Oh, hell no! I'm sorry. I hope he gets fat! :)

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You have less of a muffin top.

Thanks, mom.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You're kinda fly...

for a white guy.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    A co-worker the other day told me I had lost a ton of weight. Thanks for noticing THE 55 POUNDS lost. That however does not equal a ton...

haha that's funny! but 55 pounds is still a tremendous amount of weight! congratulations!
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You're kinda fly...

for a white guy.

Hilarious!!
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    "I have a box of old clothes in the garage that are too big for me now. I bet they'd look great on you; you should go take a look!"

No mom, I don't want your fat clothes.

Do we have the same mother?!

Last week she said to me, in front of a bunch of my parent-friends at my kids school production "oh you've cut and dyed your hair again. It was nice when it was longer and dark."
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    "You look better than you did, I suppose".

From a friend who really did not like me being on a diet... :)
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    "You are hot...for a black girl." Sad but true.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look good for having 5 kids. Really???? So I don't look good without the kids? What the hell ever! No qualifier for me...its coming someday.

Yes I get the "for having 5 kids" disclaimer too.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    After demonstrating that I could touch my toes with my fists, "Damn you're limber for a faaaa... ummm.... BIG dude!" This was back before I started loosing weight!