Anyone 200lbs or over try the 30 day shred?

Options

Replies

• JHoelck0928
    JHoelck0928 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I do my first work out tomorrow I will post how many calories were burned for the entire work out. :)

Thanks looking forward to that. :)
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    I started 30DS over 226 pounds with 3 pound weights. I'm now 223. I listened to my body and took off when needed. I reached level 2 27 days after starting level 1. I started out losing about 270 cals a session. Now I lose about 230 cals a session. Friend me if you like, I'm still working my way to level 3!
  • blessedmomof1
    Options
    I am on day 5 of Level 1 and I weigh 280. The workout is a killer the first day or two, and you will be sore. By the third day I found the workout much easier. I use 5 lb. weights during the workout. Hang in there. You can do it!!
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    254 when I did it. I did it 3 times with about a month break between each.
  • Mj2Sexy
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred???
  • bingham1
    bingham1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started at 244 and the 30 day shred is what I did first and along with mfp for about 8 weeks. I dropped the weight fast. I guess I probably lost my first 20 with it. I mean it came off quick. I'm doing zumba now, but I totally recommend it. But in the beginning you will feel like you are going to die so be prepared. I couldn't even finish the whole 20 mins the first week or so. :)
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have. I was om during but super sore after
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing 30 day shred. When I first started it I weighed in at just under 300 lbs. It is one butt kicking workout. I alternate between the shred and biggest loser. Can't wait to see the results at the first of the year.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I was over 200 when I started it. Couldn't do it daily due to my work schedule but was able to do it 3 sometimes 4 times a week. Didn't really see a difference in my shape but I did feel the difference in my ability to finish and do the entire dvd. It's tough and you will be sore and muscles will curse you the next day. But it's a great challenge.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred???

It's a workout video.

http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    wizbeth1218 is my friend on here that is currently doing 30ds. She has posted some pics on the boards so you may want to do a search on the boards for her posts. I have done the workouts but actually prefer some other workout videos. It is definitely doable. The workout itself is only 20 minutes long, not including the warm-up and cool down. You can do anything for twenty minutes! You are going to kill it tomorrow! Have fun getting fit.

Found the link to her most recent post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/791510-30ds-level-2-results
  • obored1
    obored1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm over 250 lbs and over age 40 and I have done a few days of lvl 1, not in a row, because I have to have time to get rid of my hatred of Jillian so I don't hurt the TV between sessions. So I know it is time to do lvl 1 again if I can laugh, walk or lift things over my head without pain and cursing her name. It is really easy, I just make it more complicated by needing to breathe during it.

But in all seriousness, it is something you will have a love/ hate relationship with.

Good luck
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS at 202lbs and lost 13lbs my first month. It was not easy but i stuck with it and only took Sundays off!
  • I am over 200 pounds. I did level 1 yesterday. Very challenging but I made it through. Good work out.. Go at your own pace and do what you can do . As you progress you will be able to do more....Give it a try:smile:
  • devaulr
    devaulr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm currently working on it. I started at 337lbs and right now I'm 335. I have only done it 3 times so far. I do it in between gym days. I might start doing it more often. It feels like it's getting easier for me already. The first time I felt like I was going to puke, though I think it was the nasty 'Muscle Milk' I drank before hand.

I said it's getting easier but its by no means easy. I have trouble w/ anything that involves knees and having to hold my weight up such as the pushups and any of the crunches that involve holding my legs in the air. I'm getting close to being able to do it w/o cheating.
  • Sassy9411
    Sassy9411 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started it and yes it was hard for me at first, but as time went on it got easier. Personally, I stopped doing it because I just got bored doing the same routine for 10 days..I wish you luck though!! I've seen several people get fantastic results from it.
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Im over 300 and have done it, I use 5lb weights.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I was 260lbs when I started it. It was my first workout DVD that I bought. I knew going in that it was going to be hard. It may not be something I can do right now. Luckily, there are modifications. Sometimes, you have to modify the modifications. It's a great damn workout, but it gets rather boring. Level 2 is pretty hard. I'd do some weight lifting before doing level 2 actually lol

The answer to your question: Everyone can do it. I think a 300lb person could do it. Is it hard as hell? Yeah, it's meant to be. If you can't do the modifications, modify those. Either way, keep moving. Take the 5 sec breaks. I know I did. I took several.
  • venturaroo
    venturaroo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am doing Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" which I imagine is similar to "30 Day Shred"...more Jillian torture! I am 229 right now and there are some things I can't do because of a bum ankle but I can pretty much do it all and seem to get better each time. I love that I am dripping sweat when I'm done and it is only 20 minutes. I use 5 pd weights because I do also do strength training.

Have fun with it....it will keep getting easier and you will love the results!
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think I was about 280 when I started the 30DS and I had no troubles getting through it. I mean it was tough in the sense that I got a good workout from it, but I wasn't about to die or anything. By the end of each level I was able to do the full un-modified versions of every move except for push ups.

I've heard of some heavier people having joint issues from it since it is relatively high impact, but I didn't have any problems. Just make sure to listen to your body and stop if you need to and you should be fine.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!