Worst Date Ever

Options

Replies

• TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    The scenario: I had been separated from my first husband for about a year, going through a divorce, and my baby was a few months old. I was just dipping my feet back into the dating scene.

The date: The guy was talking about marriage to him AND how many kids WE SHOULD HAVE!!! Um...NO! This was FIRST DATE, mind you! I never, ever, saw the guy again after that, although he tried calling and sent flowers. He even came around to my parent's house once, he had been married and divorced by then (he told this to my mother) and I was happily married with 3 kids and another on the way, but he was inquiring as to whether I was available, like he was. I'm so glad I didn't give that guy a second date!
  • wheldar
    Options
    Years ago, my now EX and I went to Jacksonville, FL to get away to a party. Short version-she got really drunk and got hit on and took the bait and left with a local guy...with MY car.

So, I had to find a way home and began to hitchhike back to Macon, GA. I was standing at the intersection of I-75 and I-10, middle of the night, pitch black...freezing. A car stopped about 500 feet ahead of me and I ran up, thinking they were stopping to give me a ride. No, there were stopping for a 10-99 (nature break). When I ran up, one of them shouted and the remaining guys in the car lept out to beat me up. They thought I was a 'robber' and trying to rob them or steal their car (1961 Mercedes). I explained what had happened and they told me I could stay wtih them that night and they would drop me off at the interstate in the morning to make my way home to Macon.

Little did I know it was the late bass player, Leon Wilkenson, from Lynyrd Skynyrd, his tour manager and two friends. We wound up going to a party at Butch Trucks in Jacksonville the next day (where I was going anyway, and the reason for the trip to Jacksonville in the first place). Had a blast, made a life long friend and lost a now EX..all over one night.

So, though it wasn't a first date...it was a LAST date and another great memory of the great times I have had.
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Years ago, my now EX and I went to Jacksonville, FL to get away to a party. Short version-she got really drunk and got hit on and took the bait and left with a local guy...with MY car.

So, I had to find a way home and began to hitchhike back to Macon, GA. I was standing at the intersection of I-75 and I-10, middle of the night, pitch black...freezing. A car stopped about 500 feet ahead of me and I ran up, thinking they were stopping to give me a ride. No, there were stopping for a 10-99 (nature break). When I ran up, one of them shouted and the remaining guys in the car lept out to beat me up. They thought I was a 'robber' and trying to rob them or steal their car (1961 Mercedes). I explained what had happened and they told me I could stay wtih them that night and they would drop me off at the interstate in the morning to make my way home to Macon.

Little did I know it was the late bass player, Leon Wilkenson, from Lynyrd Skynyrd, his tour manager and two friends. We wound up going to a party at Butch Trucks in Jacksonville the next day (where I was going anyway, and the reason for the trip to Jacksonville in the first place). Had a blast, made a life long friend and lost a now EX..all over one night.

So, though it wasn't a first date...it was a LAST date and another great memory of the great times I have had.

wow, that was actually a great store, only thing that would have made it better is if your car would have break down and letf your Ex stranded, and u and the bass player passed her up on the high way lol
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options

I don't know where these guys come from. A man should always pay on the first date, and probably the second.

its just the way it is.

:flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

I never pay on the first date. I tell them it's dutch as soon as it's decided to go on a date. This way I don't run into the woman who like to go out with guys for the "free" meal and drinks. Some think that's rude, perfectly fine with me, just saved myself time and money. To those who don't mind, or like the idea, great, we can be ourselves and not have to try n impress no one with paying, where were going out to, how much money you have, or lack there of. Second date and beyond, I always pay. First date, gotta get the drift raft outta the way. I'm not in it for the "lay" anymore, I want some substance. JUST MY OPINION..........
    [/quote]

:flowerforyou: For Nik :-)

For the second poster: I totally understand your perspective and why you'd make such a choice. I should mention that I ALWAYS offer to pay precisely because I don't want the guy to feel as though he's a meal ticket. However, the problem with a guy who's a cheapskate is just as off-putting as a gold-digger because both send the message that they are not willing to offer you anything. The cheapness comes across as "I don't care whether or not I impress you" or "You're on your own with this". Why are we here then? Generosity and reciprocity is sexy coming from BOTH genders.
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    So glad I started this thread - has definitely been entertaining and cringe-worthy! :laugh:
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    When I was 17, I went on a date with a guy to a border town on the Michigan/Canada border (MI side). We got bored and he suggested we drive over the bridge to Canada to spend the rest of the evening. I agreed. We had no birth certificates or destination in mind. Both were mandatory in order to get through Customs. He was a snotty little jerk to the Customs agent and then even told them that I had mace in my purse (no weapons allowed). We ended up getting pulled over, searched, sent to the immigration office, and denied access into Canada. Very embarrassing incident.

When I was 18, I met someone online (before it was socially acceptable, so of course everyone thought I was nuts) and flew across the country to attend a spring formal with him at the military academy he attended. Things were going fine until we were at the dance and he would not dance with me. I had come so far and put in a lot of effort to make the trip out there, and he would not even give me that. I stupidly did not ask him why. But I was ticked and heartbroken. Later that evening as we watched a movie back at the house with some of his friends, he didn't mind gesturing to me that he wanted a hand job under the blanket we had covering us on the couch (which I refused, just so we're clear on that. lol). He never kissed me the entire weekend, either.

When I was 27, I went out with someone I met online (no, I did not learn the first time) and I thought the date had been going ok, although after dinner he did ask if I wanted to go back to his place and watch a movie (on the 1st date? Come on, dude). I made a joke and said, "Are you sure you want me to come over? You really don't know anything about me." I said it in a creepy voice on purpose. It must have worked because when he dropped me off, he did not even wait for me to get to the sidewalk as he squealed his tires and took off. Such poor manners!

A few weeks ago, I went on a second date with a guy I'd met online that I wasn't sure about yet. Besides him talking about himself the whole time, as he had on the 1st date, he was tolerable. At one point during conversation, I mentioned that my brother and sister were adopted but I was not, and he kinda laughed and goes, "Do you ever joke with them and say things like, 'You're not loved as much because you were adopted and I wasn't?" :noway: Yeah, there was no third date.

I guess I deviated a bit from the topic and didn't discuss just the "worst" date. I guess if I had to pick from the above, I'd say the non-dancer was the worst.

U need to stay offline lol, also the bridge to canada is connected to Detroit.

There are actually two bridges to Canada in Michigan. One in Detroit and one in Port Huron (we had been in PH that night). And yeah.... I should've stayed offline, you're right. lol
  • JustRenea
    JustRenea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So...when I was around 15-16 I went on a date with this guy. ..My dad dropped me off and we went to the movies on Valentines Day...He was 18 (couldn't drive) ...he brought with him, his annoying neighbor friend who was around 12 and thought he was a gang member :noway: ...we walked into the theater and a man handed me a rose, saying that he wanted all the beautiful women to get roses this Valentines Day..I love roses but had never gotten one before so i was so happy...and then my date took the rose and ate it. :sad: we watched the movie..the boys kept talking to each other...and then when the movie was over, his mom was suppose to pick us up...apparently she forgot to pay the bills and her car was taken...Now the guy i was dating had a cell phone but would not allow me to call someone to pick me up.:grumble: ..now I had to babysit that night so I had to get home...he decided that we should walk the 5 miles back in the cold (there was snow on the ground...and i didnt have a coat..only a hoodie...)...The 12 year old kept picking up random stuff from the side of the road while we walked...and my feet got soaked..and i was sooo cold! ...he walked to his neighborhood and then I had to walk the rest of the way home by myself...so...needless to say...it was kinda horrible
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    last year. i went on a date with a guy that referred to somebody with Down's as being a "retard". my sister is handicapped, and i hate when people call them "retard". so i asked him to please find a different word that wasn't demeaning (i've watched my sister's reaction to this word her whole life, and every time it breaks my heart). he then went on a rant about how "all the people in the world, like you, are so busy trying to be politically correct when you're really just socially ignorant". he called me socially ignorant on our first date, then couldn't understand why i was upset. in fact, he was so dense, that when he walked me to my car, he tried to kiss me, and put his hand on my rear end..... it didn't end well, and he never talked to me again.
  • ddhough
    ddhough Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow. Some of these dates are unbelievable. Maybe it's just me, but knowing how to treat a lady is not rocket science. Just have some respect! Creepers make it a lot harder for us nice guys. I am usually more worried about embarrassing myself on a first date more than anything. I remember one first date I went on was in the middle of winter, and I slipped and fell THREE times on slick sidewalks (I was wearing dressier shoes with no traction). Fortunately it was a great icebreaker and more hilarious than embarrassing.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    Wow. Some of these dates are unbelievable. Maybe it's just me, but knowing how to treat a lady is not rocket science. Just have some respect! Creepers make it a lot harder for us nice guys. I am usually more worried about embarrassing myself on a first date more than anything. I remember one first date I went on was in the middle of winter, and I slipped and fell THREE times on slick sidewalks (I was wearing dressier shoes with no traction). Fortunately it was a great icebreaker and more hilarious than embarrassing.

lol thats adorable, you literally fell for her haha
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I have a great one! Well, two really, that go in tandem. I'm pretty sure this one wins:

I met this guy on Myspace (back when Myspace was cool). We made plans to meet; he said he was going to cook for me at his place and watch a movie. Ok, cool.

Date 1: He picked me up in a beater piece of crap car, which wouldn't have been an issue, I'm not that shallow, were it not that his passenger side window was busted out, we had to drive about 25 miles to get to his house, oh yeah, and it was early January. By the time we got there my hair was a mess, and I was freezing. And the whole drive he was trying to have a conversation with me, shouting over the howling wind that was screeching in through my window. :/

After we ate dinner we sat on the couch to watch a movie. It was really late, like 11pm, and I was having a hard time staying awake, and I nodded off a couple times. Instead of gently nudging me or offering to take me home, he thought it would be funny and cute to yell "HEY!" in my ear and making me jump awake, just so "I would be better company for him. "

**That should have been the final date. Don't ask me what I was thinking when I said yes to a second.**

Date 2: He took me out to a great barbecue place, and things were going fine. We were laughing and talking, and in goofing off, the guy made a funny face at me, bulging out his eyes and puffing out his cheeks. I laughingly told him he looked like a monkey when he made that face. He lost it, and yelled "what the f*** did you just say to me?" He went off about how sensitive he was about his looks (he was very cute) and sulked the entire rest of the meal and the drive back to his house, where I thought we might be able to salvage the date by having a drink and playing a round of pol in his den.

Back at his house, he got more nasty. His attitude and the whole "monkey" comment spiraled into a huge argument, where he asked me how I would feel if he called me "a fat stupid b*tch"? I finally said it was time for me to go home, and he snarled "fine, LEAVE!" He had driven me, and I was pretty far from home, so I asked him to please take me home. He said no, he wasn't ready to take me home.

So I went to the door, trying to leave, thinking I would call a friend for a ride. He RAN to the door, and muscled his way in between me and it, blocking me from the door. He said' "I really don't want you to leave, I'm sorry, please stay!" At this point I was so weirded out and disgusted that I pulled my phone out and said he had 5 seconds to get away from the door before I called the cops. He threw up his hands and exploded again, yelling "fine, b*tch, go! I never want to see you again, good riddance!" He moved from the door, and I bolted. As I hurried away, I heard him yell after me "I'm sorry! Please come back! I'll drive you home! Please just get in the car and we can talk!" When I didn't answer or look back, he screamed "GOOD don't come back! I hate you!"

I ended up calling an ex who was able to pick me up and take me home. At home, I had several messages from him, saying how sorry he was, begging for another chance and "how do you think I feel, knowing I just chased off the girl of my dreams?" I was too freaked out to respond to any of them.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

I don't know where these guys come from. A man should always pay on the first date, and probably the second.

its just the way it is.

It's 2012. That's not the way it is and it's called equality. Guys would like to know that you like them for who they are, not what they have in the bank.

I am so glad to not be in the dating scene anymore, especially with men who think that women are only attracted to them by what's in their bank account. I haven't dated for 22 years since I met my husband, but when I did date back then, the men I dated would have never even thought about asking me to pay for half. Not because they had a ton of money in the bank, but because they were chivalrous.
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I have never had anything remotely crazy like these stories happen. Some of these sound so absurd. Are there really people THAT psycho in the world? I thought that was only for TV humor, etc! Crazy.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options

its just the way it is.

It's 2012. That's not the way it is and it's called equality. Guys would like to know that you like them for who they are, not what they have in the bank.

I don't think I would like the guy if he couldn't even bother so much to pay for the date.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I went out with a hot firefighter that had muscles and shoulders like wow! We are eating dinner at a beautiful West Palm Beach Italian restaurant. He ordered for me. It was sexy. We start talking. He asked if he could be honest with me and of course I told him yes. He told me he is bisexual. First thing I asked him, cuz it came to my mind, is if he would let me use a strap on. HE GAVE ME A HIGH FIVE!!!! I was only kidding in my question. I couldn't wait for the night to end after this incident. On the way home, he asked if I would go to his house and cuddle. I kindly told him I was tired.

loooooooool! got more than you bargained for there!
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Yes. One in particular. Without going into the details, the whole date left me feeling really creeped out. I expected if I had wandered around I would have found bodies in the freezer. Needless to say that was the last date.
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I was on a wonderful date with a wanna be country artist... We were going fishing.... It was awesome until he brought his girlfriend along.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I think my worst date was with this complete idiot, honestly the most shallow person I've ever known. He couldn't even walk by a mirror without checking himself out. Anyway, he and I had gone to this bar one night where they were hosting a wet t-shirt contest.Shocker. He got into a huge fight with me because I refused to enter it. What a complete *kitten*!!
  • JustRenea
    JustRenea Posts: 82 Member
    Options

its just the way it is.

I never pay on the first date. I tell them it's dutch as soon as it's decided to go on a date. This way I don't run into the woman who like to go out with guys for the "free" meal and drinks. Some think that's rude, perfectly fine with me, just saved myself time and money. To those who don't mind, or like the idea, great, we can be ourselves and not have to try n impress no one with paying, where were going out to, how much money you have, or lack there of. Second date and beyond, I always pay. First date, gotta get the drift raft outta the way. I'm not in it for the "lay" anymore, I want some substance. JUST MY OPINION..........

While we are talking about guys paying...when i dated guys I always paid for myself...but...spent a weekend at my friend's house, and him and his boyfriend paid for everything i got while i was with them (tho I offered to pay for myself..then for us all after they'd paid ...but they always declined and paid..and i stayed 3 days with them and we ate out at every meal!)
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    worst first date ever.

it was his first and last! He and I had an okay time, not really talking much, sitting through a horror film and a dinner. When he went to drop me off he asked me if he could kiss me. I said yes, thinking to myself of how nice it is to have a polite man with manners for a change...then he lifted my shirt and went directly for my right breast. Not cool.