Sodas

Options
13»

Replies

• HitTheFloor
    HitTheFloor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A good substitute for your soda/diet soda (The sucralose or aspartame in the diet actually makes you hungrier and in the long term isn't good for your body.)

Is club soda. Mix it with crystal light (pure is the best of the crystal lights) and it's a carbonated-like fruit drink.

Club soda goes well with a lot of drinks! Orange juice, apple juice, you name it fruit + club soda = good drink.

Club soda is the carbonated water. It's pretty low calorie and just has sodium.

I mostly drink water and a glass of black coffee or honey sweetened green tea for my drinks. Never been big on soda.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Eh, quit not having it doesn't mean you won't stop wanting it. I quit drinking soda almost 3 years ago (this coming New Years!) cause it was wrecking my teeth (I wasn't just drinking a can or two a day, though.) I crave the bubbly caramel colored beverage still. Not as much as I used to, by no means anywhere close to as much - but I can work around it by having a sip off someone else's soda once in a *great* while.

I bought myself a celebratory pepsi for this coming New Years anniversary (was going to sip on it a few times then dump it out.) But my parents visited this weekend and my mom drank it, so I guess karma figured i don't need to celebrate it, lmao.

There are much better uses for the calories, but a sip now and then won't kill you if you start missing it a lot. :)
  • smhutto
    Options
    Like you, I enjoy Dr. Pepper, bu haven't had one in several weeks. I tried Diet Dr. Pepper and it just didn't work for me. When I get a craving for a soda, Coke Zero Cherry is the closest thing that works for me. I also like Fresca, but that's totally different. Mostly I drink unsweetened iced tea, which is akin to heresy here in the deep south.
  • patrox247
    Options
    I am completely addicted to Diet Pepsi. Thinking about giving it up in the New Year. Oh man....I soooo don't want to.
  • beyondliving4ne1
    Options
    i know it is hard. but great job!
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I love soda! But I cut it out during the summer and it helped so much with the weight loss and the longer I didn't have it the less I missed it! But then I got sucked back in after a stressful period so now I am cutting it out again...but I still want to have it once in a while :)
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper is not too bad. I used to drink LOTS of soda (always diet) but have cut wayyyy back - maybe one with dinner 3 or 4 times a week.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    A good substitute for your soda/diet soda (The sucralose or aspartame in the diet actually makes you hungrier and in the long term isn't good for your body.)
    It doesn't make me hungrier, as it goes.
    Also, if you've got some links to research on long term negative effects, I'd love to see it - so far I haven't seen anything conclusively bad really. Apart from maybe for people with EDs relating to not consuming enough calories anyway!
    Mix it with crystal light (pure is the best of the crystal lights) and it's a carbonated-like fruit drink.
    A quick look on google shows that ONLY 'pure' doesn't have aspartame - don't get it in the UK, so interested to see what you were talking about.

Being newer to the popular market there is considerably less conspiracy theories around stevia; this doesn't make it 'better' than the others to my mind ;).
  • jqnorris
    jqnorris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good job! I stopped drinking soda at the beginning of the year. It was very hard! I first replaced it with sweet tea because I still craved the sugar, but slowly cut that out too. In the beginning I would have one or two sodas week, after a while it would make me feel sick and bloated, so I got to the point where I don't even want soda at all. I drink mostly water now. I lost 14 pounds just by cutting out soda. Good luck!!
  • Carrievaught
    Options
    What a great support you guys are! Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments.
  • sweetpeas4l
    Options
    Dropping soda won't be hard. I was a die hard fan of Classic Coca-Cola. For years, I would drink multiple servings until about 2-3 years ago. As soon as I dropped soda and by that time, I was down to one a day, I dropped 10 pounds easily in a year. I also feel better not consuming so much sugar. I never liked the taste of diet sodas, so once in a while, I'll take a sip of my husbands soda and it tastes too sugary sweet for me. I would rather use those calories for something tasty.
  • destinee1103
    destinee1103 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i use to drink a 2 litter maybe more a day I stopped cold turkey this month on the 17th it will be 7mth without soda, sprite diet sodas, no cokes at all :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!