Why??? Why, why, why???

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Someone just tell me why... why.....WHY do people post pictures of food on Facebook?

I am a heavy FB user but why in the world do you think I'd be the slightest bit interested in seeing what shortly is going to be working its way through your digestive tract?

WHY?

/end rant.

I'd rather look at some nice food than some of the ugly babies I see posted on there.

But those are the same thing.
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    PrettyGirlPayton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    For a variety of reasons. They could love to cook. Or that's just what they want to do. I didn't know that would bother someone so much. But each its own. I posted pictures of my food because I never really cook. And when I started cooking I wanted to hear people's feedback on how it looked. I am away from my family so they can't taste it all the time...
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    The crust for this apple pie is made from the cinnamon rolls that come in the exploding tubes. It has my own homemade filling made from fresh apples and containing secret seasonings including bourbon and lots of butter. Why would I NOT put up a picture of this?
    5ED57CE6.jpg
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I post pictures of food on Facebook because I cook amazing shi+ and people love to see what I've prepared. I'm a culinary badass and I owe it to the world to share my gastronomic genius with those who consider themselves my friends.

^^^^ This FTW!!
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If this gets you mad, you have issues. I'm a pastry chef! Get over it!
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I'll take food over political posts! ;)

And the "I'm thankful" posts!! I actually had some one post today "I am thankful for my winter coat" Seriously?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with people posting food pics as long as they don't caption it "NOM NOM NOM!"
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    To give those who have nothing better to do a reason to b!tch about it :D
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with people posting food pics as long as they don't caption it "NOM NOM NOM!"

Me too! Hate that.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

And the "I'm thankful" posts!! I actually had some one post today "I am thankful for my winter coat" Seriously?

Why not? If I had to live where there's snow, I would be thankful to have a big winter coat. Some people don't.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Why not? If I had to live where there's snow, I would be thankful to have a big winter coat. Some people don't.

True! Good point! It irritated me this morning. lol The "I'm thankful" posts are my "food picture" posts. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful/thankful and not a cold hearted *itch. I just believe in telling the people you're thankful for in person and why as often as you can....not just for 30 days on FB. Everyone has their annoyance posts, food, babies, pets, pregnancy app updates, etc. I guess mine got the best of me today. :laugh:
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I really really really miss when facebook was reserved for just us college students. It was so much better then.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

True! Good point! It irritated me this morning. lol The "I'm thankful" posts are my "food picture" posts. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful/thankful and not a cold hearted *itch. I just believe in telling the people you're thankful for in person and why as often as you can....not just for 30 days on FB. Everyone has their annoyance posts, food, babies, pets, pregnancy app updates, etc. I guess mine got the best of me today. :laugh:

Mine is the "my baby is x weeks old, this is what the fetus looks like" thing. I had three or 4 at the same time at one point.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    I really really really miss when facebook was reserved for just us college students. It was so much better then.

I said this exact thing to some one the other day and they had no idea what I was talking about.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Because it's more interesting than most of my friends on there.

And the interesting people are all foodies.

Also because it pisses everyone else off.

hahaha
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Because pictures of the 5 lb. pork shoulder and two racks of St. Louis ribs I barbecued in the smoker today are far more interesting than grainy cell phone self-pics of people duckfacing in bars.

Don't forget bathroom mirrors!

OMG yep :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    quit Facebook and go to MFP! I am on here way more than Facebook now because dropping weight is my new obsession. Also, go on Penintrest and look me up under Samantha Smith-Flanagan because I have a huge weight Watchers recipe section where u can steal recipes.....
    Samantha
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The crust for this apple pie is made from the cinnamon rolls that come in the exploding tubes. It has my own homemade filling made from fresh apples and containing secret seasonings including bourbon and lots of butter. Why would I NOT put up a picture of this?
    5ED57CE6.jpg

I think I love you.

No homo.

Okay, fine...

...maybe just a little homo.
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Quit Facebook. It gets you pregnant.

LOVE BUTTON!