Options

Replies

• dorilou1969
    Options
    LOUD music with lots of guitar!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Depends my day and how hard and focused I am. On days I'm fairly focused and want to get in a really good work out or push myself farther, I listen to music. On other days where I just want to get through it, I turn on Netflix on my phone. If I had room for an elliptical in my apartment, I would make sure I was on that EVERY time I watch TV.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think about surviving my workout and pushing through. My protein shake I'll get afterward LOL.

That's how I feel about the sauna, too.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Running: music
    Lifting: Nothing
    Walking: books on tape or a podcast
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    THINK! I love the peacefulness of a good walk/run; some of my best ideas come to me while I'm exercising!!
  • BieZz
    BieZz Posts: 4
    Options
    Yell at my training buddy forcing him to do 3 extra reps!
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    Cry
  • Jewelforyou
    Options
    What do I do when I'm working out?.............

Usually work out.

This.

I also love it when I see people on the elliptical with their coffee and phone, barely moving....
  • Medwayguy
    Options
    I think about the street life hell I was raised in and the friends, I lost along the way... It gives me the strength I need to go that extra mile...
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Zumba. Nothing but zumba. If you can think your not doing it right

Swimming. Watch the clock and practice trying to swim under water.

Walking. Spend time with my dog or talking to my new workout friend.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Weights- I just lift. No music, no distractions.

Running- I either listen to my ipod (if Im outside), watch music videos (If Im on the dreadmill) or gossip with my running buddy (if I have one)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    What do I do when I'm working out?.............

Usually work out.

Me too! I cant focus on anything but getting her done~!

I prefer to get myself done first.....wait.....wut?
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Fot me I love watching netflix on my iphone and read my kindle while working out. it passes time and I work out more! how about you guys?

IMHO if you can watch TV while working out you aren't doing it right.

Not true. I watch Netflix while on the elliptical. There isn't much to think about when using the machine. I don't understand why people say this.
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    I think about the street life hell I was raised in and the friends, I lost along the way...

Sorry, but , LOL!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Rock out to my tunes.
    Or watch the crappy TV's. For some reason they only play the W Network or the Food Network though. The last channels I'd want to be watching while working out
    If I'm on the bikes, I'll play Word Mole on my phone...acting like an idiot and loudly cheering when I score something huge. Because I'm a dork.

And all of that is on a good day if I'm not having to respond to a bunch of work emails :grumble:
  • samncam
    Options
    my workout latley consisit on a workout dvd to music o dancing ect so i just put that on and do it x my problem is my almost 2 year old son!! lol he makes me laugh (as he laughs at me) if i doing sit up/crunches he tried to get onto my tummy lunges he tries to hug my legs!Lol now his nap time has become my workout time :/resulting in me being more tired!ol
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I listen to stand up comedy shows while I walk and or jog. And I normally lift while watching football.
  • ericalyn73
    Options
    Always have ear buds on. Sometimes music, sometimes not. This way no one talks to me. Focus.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Fot me I love watching netflix on my iphone and read my kindle while working out. it passes time and I work out more! how about you guys?

IMHO if you can watch TV while working out you aren't doing it right.

Not true. I watch Netflix while on the elliptical. There isn't much to think about when using the machine. I don't understand why people say this.

yes true. What is your heart rate? If it's below 150 turn up the resistance or go faster.....If it's above 150 you wont feel like watching TV. Do Some HIIT.....In the load phases it's all you can do to get through it.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    I people watch at the gym while listening to my music.