So im upset..........so what right?

Options
124»

Replies

• diligentjosh
    Options
    Uhm....can someone tell me what the beef is here? I don't really get it...

Beef? Clearly your not on a diet or you would have said chicken or turkey.... LOL

haha....nice.....pun was not intended, of course.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a really strange conversation.

Sorry you're upset.

yeah.
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    But really.....so is she upset about the guy not being upset, or is the guy upset that she is not upset? or are they just upset at each other for being upset, or for not being upset?....I am still trying to figure out what the problem is. I guess I just do not understand the context of the situation...
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    This is better than Maury...

Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-350x197-14878.gif
  • jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    He sounded insecure. Not able to talk like a normal adult.
    Don't let him get you.
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    He sounded insecure. Not able to talk like a normal adult.
    Don't let him get you.

He sounded insecure?
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hey OP. Do you pay attention to how much you are eating and follow a guideline that is considered "whole/healthy" food? Then you are dieting. Stop whining.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Share some popcorn! :smokin:
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    He was worked up as it was and probably perceived your comment as a pedantic correction rather than an affirmation of a life philosophy. Bad timing.

It's no comment on your weight, that's your interpretation, don't internalize it.

Also: you chose that particular moment to assert a kind of superiority over him ("I'd never go on a diet"), and thereby set up the conflict.
  • liviilooseweight
    liviilooseweight Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ...........I don't understand why you're upset. Technically everyone is on a diet...I think you may be overreacting !
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    So i was at my desk at work and... No let me start by saying ... ok i cant explain it right without getting the wrong response, not that im looking for a "certain" response. Fine ill just say it like it happened. A co-worker walked in my office and was talking about something ( i dont remember) and then said he was so mad because he stopped going to the gym and needed to start again. I said the holidays are here its easy to get off track. He then said well its not even that its the weight ive put on and then said he wanted to go on a diet. Then i said thats one thing i will never do is "go on a diet" . He then said BULL *kitten* your always on a diet all you eat is healthy stuff and organic stuff! I said excuse me! That is a lifestyle and a choice not a diet!! He then said , Oh whatever, its A DIET! ... So the fat girl in the office is always on a diet!? Whatever i hate people!!
    [/quote

So why do you discuss your life with him.?...He's not your friend....seems to me you're doing okay, which is more than he is doing....
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    So i was at my desk at work and... No let me start by saying ... ok i cant explain it right without getting the wrong response, not that im looking for a "certain" response. Fine ill just say it like it happened. A co-worker walked in my office and was talking about something ( i dont remember) and then said he was so mad because he stopped going to the gym and needed to start again. I said the holidays are here its easy to get off track. He then said well its not even that its the weight ive put on and then said he wanted to go on a diet. Then i said thats one thing i will never do is "go on a diet" . He then said BULL *kitten* your always on a diet all you eat is healthy stuff and organic stuff! I said excuse me! That is a lifestyle and a choice not a diet!! He then said , Oh whatever, its A DIET! ... So the fat girl in the office is always on a diet!? Whatever i hate people!!

I definitely think now that you have vented you should put it to rest. no worries about what happened. Toughen that skin up girl because I think maybe this is something you dont have to worry about!
    chin up!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    wow.

poor guy had no idea he was walking in on so much PMS LOL - and here he was thinking it was ok to be self-conscious about his own issues instead of yours for a second lol. no idea how you got that he was calling you fat out of all that, but Im glad you feel better for venting about that poor guy having a bad day and feeling like he gained weight back - good lord knows we've ALLLL been there :flowerforyou:

Yoovie FTW!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Eh, he's just jealous because you're doing it and he's not. "The best revenge is a life well-lived."
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Eh, he's just jealous because you're doing it and he's not. "The best revenge is a life well-lived."

Self delusion is a higher form of art.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    di·et/ˈdī-it/Noun:
    1.The kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.
    2.A legislative assembly in certain countries.

Technically, if you read the dictionary noun definition, you are on a "diet."
  • Scott_Chaput
    Options
    I for one hate the term "diet".

Its technically the right word because you're changing your diet but society has turned it into something else, something wrong. It implies that what you're doing is something temporary that needs to be suffered through quickly to get to a goal then stop.

What I am doing is a fundamental change of lifestyle from nutrition to exercise. I am NOT on a diet.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    seafood-diet-see-food.png
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the hatred for the word diet. Who cares what people call it, as long as your losing flubber does it matter really?
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    damn, jes.....how YOU doin?