what do you do while working out?

Options

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    What do I do when I'm working out?.............

Usually work out.

me too
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    have naughty thoughts, and enjoy my work out. Why would I need to do anything to distract me? It is the best part of my day.
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    As I am always outdoors on the bike, I would have to say soaking in the scenery or thinking things over.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Listen to loud music and lift heavy stuff.

When I do cardio on the treadmill I can't stand the TV being on, I always turn it to a channel that doesn't come in right so the screen is black. It drives me nuts to watch tv while I run.
    ...can't you just turn your TV off?...
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I read books on my iPad (Kindle app) while doing cardio. While I'm lifting, I'm just lifting, nothing else.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Usually work out.

same here....I have my iphone playing music while I'm at the gym but that's mainly so people won't talk to me (LOL Sorry but I'm there to work out not meet people) I zone out while I'm working out and don't even listen to what's playing

Yes yes yes....both of these! Im there to workout- please leave me alone, thats why I have my headphones on and dont look at you in the eye!
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I watch TV at my local YMCA gym with headphones. When doing water aerobic I just talk (sometimes) with other women or just enjoy the quiet. When I go for a walk I enjoy the quiet and scenery.
  • helenta77
    helenta77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I listen to loud heavy metal, pref acdc, tool, disturbed and picture myself skinny the whole time.
  • roxierachael
    roxierachael Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If I'm stuck on a treadmill/hamsterwheel, I enjoy rehashing my plans to take over the world.

worldDomination.jpg
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I read "War & Peace" in between sets.

The entire book.

And no, you can't "work in."

LOVE this!! Dang you get a nice long work out :)
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Right now, its enjoying the morning stars and 80's rock on my iphone. I also love the nothingness of just running without any apps in my ear. The vineyards, the wild life, the silence, the sunrise. All this makes for a fantastic day regardless of what ends up happening at work.
  • losindood
    losindood Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started listening to audiobooks. It really helps pass the time. I was finding myself getting really bored on the elliptical and recumbent bike. Now I stay the full time without any problem with boredom.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    if you are able to read a book while working out you aren't working out hard enough.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yoga - breathe, sweat, try not to get stuck in a pose
    running - breathe, sweat, music/app instructions
    any other exercise - breathe, sweat.......

edited for typo
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    MUSIC and people watching!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options

Usually work out.
    LOL this! Although I do have to deal with kids sometimes to. I usually put spotify on in the background and then go for it.
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i listen to music and constantly think why im doing it so thinking about my motivation and sometimes i watch tv
  • KellyAlyssa84
    Options
    music and eye candy :laugh:

well, ok, I don't DO eye candy while working out.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    1. Check out men
    2. zone out - the treadmill is the only place in my life where I can actually get no distractions
    3. music, lots of it, while checking out men
    4. Think about what I'm going to have for dinner
    5. check out men
  • starspeckled
    starspeckled Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I love having music while on the elliptical or treadmill for days when I don't have a set "plan". I try to follow the beat of the song that's playing to decide if I will be walking or jogging for the next few minutes