P90X'ers Starting 2/22/2010

Options

Replies

• kamsue101
    kamsue101 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have ordered P90X and can't wait to get started.
  • bryan_yauger
    Options
    Kamsue, first I had to use a chair to do just one pull-up. Now I can do about 10, but I still use a chair so that I can maintain volume or high number of reps. Just try to use more upper and barely use the legs to help. You can also use a lat pull-down machine instead of pull-ups and use different grips just like the DVD shows....Whatever helps or fits your body....Get the DVD set, push play and keep using myfitnesspal to track calories. The minimum calories I have burned during any of the P90X using a HRM, was around 700. So if you are not sure how many you burned so you can add exercise to your fitnesspal diary, just add 500 and that will at least be a conservative number to use...

Good luck, 3 weeks down everyone!!!!!

Bryan
  • hotmommyjess
    Options
    Yesterday was shoulders and arms/abs for me! I upped the weight and pushed myself hard then finishe up with 20 min elliptical. I have a bowflex revolution so I love that for shoulders. Its awesome Im really sore today Yoga later and Im glad for it. Calories,etc been on track allthis week!
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    Off track yesterday and today. My body is not happy with me for not taking a rest day since the half marathon. I have a hip issues which is getting out of control ...started in January...grrr! going to see sports med doc this afternoon. I'll be doubling up this weekend to getback on track. Also skipping recovery week between phase 1 and 2. I need to have a rest week fall before my next half so that will get the schedule on track for me.
    Everybody is doing amazing! :)
  • hotmommyjess
    Options
    Hello!!! Today was legs and back for me. I pushed hard I was just in my home gym playing music after the dvd was done i did the ab dvd and then I did some butt excercises and a few more back exercises I was just into it and I hadnt realized I had worked out for almost 2 horus crazy. I loggged food all week and lost 2 lbs very pleased!:happy:
  • beckym71
    Options
    Hello!!! Today was legs and back for me. I pushed hard I was just in my home gym playing music after the dvd was done i did the ab dvd and then I did some butt excercises and a few more back exercises I was just into it and I hadnt realized I had worked out for almost 2 horus crazy. I loggged food all week and lost 2 lbs very pleased!:happy:

Awesome workout Jess! :drinker:
    I'm going to push play again today. I'll be doing some doubles this week to get back on track after my mini break. My hip is feeling much better so hopefully that's behind me. Now if I can avoid this stuffy head turning into a full blown cold. I got sick after the half marathon in December too but I'm hoping my mini break will help me avoid that!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Finished my first full week of p90x on sat (did kenpo). It was a tough week but I feel very accomplished and I start it all over again today (chest and back). Last week I could do the ab ripper after the workouts but this week I will!! So i fully expect for my stomach muscles to be very sore tomorrow since I can always feel some soreness in them after every p90x workout.

Keep up the good work people!!!
  • beckym71
    Options
    Legs & Back today and Phase 1 is officially finished! :bigsmile:
  • bryan_yauger
    Options
    Yep, Phase 1 is out the door and we will keep hitting play even more....Keep it up everyone!

Bryan
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Good morning.
    Missed my workout on tuesday, so I doubled up yesterday to punish myself. :laugh:

4:30 -5:30 did Plyometrics - 5:30-6:30 did back and arms, and then 6:30-7:30 went for a walk for an hour with my OH.
    3 hours - 1700 calories burned
    I pushed hard through the Plyometrics to try and keep up. I was zapped afterwards , and my biceps felt like mush. :laugh:

Keep bringing it everybody.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hey folks!!!
    I've been doing well this week, except yesterday because my knee wouldn't let me do it. I felt bad but that's okay. I'm going to try to do 2 workouts tonight (yoga & shoulders, arms) as long as my knee is doing pretty good. I'm signing up for my free gym membership this weekend so that on any day that my knee is hurting I can ride the bike. Keep up the good work everyone!!!! :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • beckym71
    Options
    Core Synergistics today ! OMG! :noway: Not much else to say!!! Wow! Ow!
  • primeomega
    Options
    Hello. I have gone though the P90 and it really is great. But - kind of a side questions. How do you enter that in the exercise area, if anyone knows? I did a search and could not find it.
  • marksnet
    marksnet Posts: 11
    Options
    I started P90X on the exact same day 2-22! Today is day 24 for me and it is nearing the end of my first recovery week and phase 1. My body is getting slimmer but the scale is not changing so much. Let me know how its going!!
  • bryan_yauger
    Options
    Now that four weeks have passed, you might need to re-weigh your calorie goals. You will have gained some muscle and is heavier than fat but you still need to be below a goal calorie per day every day. Simple, Factual math is we need to put in less than what we burn per day. If this is done right and we are exercising on top of this, you should start to see some drops in weight in the next few weeks. Now that you have built some muscle, you also should be able to tell in your clothing if things are more lose. You could add a 8 to 9 minute per mile pace for two miles prior to every P90X workout and see if that helps shed some extra calories for your. I have been doing this and it is working. It elevates my heart rate up a lot more than just the first warm-up of X. Also, as you gain muscle, your body should be burning calories easier during your resting state throughout the day as well as during sleep, so really look at your calorie goals. If you are being honest with the calories, and still having problems, then you might want to see a doctor and check out your glands...I have heard of some people in rare cases that have problems no matter what and with the opposite where some people take in more calories every day and still can't gain. Check your goal here on mfp and cut about 250 calores per day than what you are currently taking in and see where you are next Friday. Don't check your weight daily. Check today or when you read this, then make your necessary changes, stick to it, workout as hard as you can, and then re-weigh yourself next week. Each day you can go back and forth so it is not very accurate, and always weigh in the same manner. I weigh my-self in the morning right after I wake up and use the restroom, be amazed how much fluids weigh, and then once right after I workout. Do this once each week at the same time. The morning is the best time they say.

Good luck and maybe some other people can reply and help you out too........

Bryan
  • kamsue101
    Options
    Your suggestions were correct. I started on Monday and modified the workout to my fitness level. I bought a pullup bar to fit over the door but I also found bands to hook onto the door and I will be using them for awhile. I have to do my pushups on my knees and forget about putting my feet on a chair. I'm getting a great workout this way. For shoulders and arms I'm using 5 lbs for most exercise and 3 lbs. for a couple. I have 8 and 10 lbs. and hope to work up to them in a few weeks. I can tell by the soreness that this workout is getting the job done and I am trying to bring it.

It's great to talk to others who have gone through or are going through the same thing.

Thanks for all the support/motivation.

I'll keep checking in.
  • kamsue101
    Options
    I am loving this workout. Today was legs and back and abripperx. It was a good exercise day. I can already see increased strength in my abs and this is my first week. My posture is already much improved. I think that I will start doing doubles in week 4.
  • bryan_yauger
    Options
    we are almost half way there. kamsue, you are half way there in the since that you bought the workout and started it...now that you have passed the hard part, just bring it...

bryan
  • jgdykes
    jgdykes Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey there, I work nights too and just have just 2 more weeks until I have completed my first round of p90. I have dropped some weight but really shredded some inches off my gut. I just ordered insanity interval training and am looking forward to hopefully cutting more weight. p90 helped me bulk up and changed my overall frame but I would really like to focus on more fat loss to get my percentage down. Good luck on your p90 and just keep pressing play! it will make the biggest difference!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    Wow, This P90x kicking my butt is feeling great.
    Starting to enjoy Plyo, Kenpo and back and arms as some of my favorite workouts.

I had a 3week-4 month standstill (went +/- 1 lb), and looks like finally broke that, keep pushing play, the results are great.
    I saw inches and definition, but the scale wasn't moving.
    I actually started eating more, as I was only eating some of my exercise calories.:happy:

Do your best, forget the rest.