Originally, I had a :

41" Bust
    29" Waist
    41"Hips

Now, after losing ~15 lbs, I'm down to

38" Bust
    28" waist
    39" Hips

So If I get down to my goal weight it looks like I"ll become a "ruler" but at the moment I'm still hourglass :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    What is considered hour glass?

Im almost 5'7

bust 36-38d
    waist 33
    hips 41

would like to be:
    bust 36-38d
    waist 27-29
    hips 39-40

what weight got you under a 30 inch waist? anyone? :)
    When I worked out in high school I started around 39(36B)-32-42 at maybe 165lbs? I worked out on the treadmill mostly and the elliptical, bike, as well as bench press with my legs (about 100lbs to start and worked my way up). I was 145 within about two months and my measurements were 39(36B)-27-40/41 I can't remember if it was 40 or 41 for the hips to be honest with you :]
    P.S.
    I was 181 a few weeks ago and I measured 44.5-34-44.5 so I don't know how people were 180 with a tiny waist..unless they have an extremely large toosh and hips and breasts lol OR it could be since I have a large face that my measurements stay large because I am skinny when I'm 145lbs. Well anyways I am an average sized person in the toosh, my hips are large and my breasts are 36D/36DD.

I am 184lbs with a 31.5" waist. I started out at 196lbs with a 36" waist. It is entirely possible, just depends how your body shape is and where you lose weight/inches from first. My stomach is the first to trim down and, thus, so is my waist.
    large face -_- I meant "frame" lol I see. My tummy trims first too. I don't know how that works. lol. I'm sure it also depends on body composition and genetics.

Haha, 'face' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, it does. It's a trait of hourglass/pear shapes, though.
  • akari_313
    Options
    I'm not sure I'm hourglass but here's my measurements;

I'm 5'4 and

bust: 38
    waist:33
    hips: 40

so yea but i want them to be much smaller. I'm working on that at the moment.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    5ft4 23yrs old

35 boobs, 25 waist, 35 hips

My goals.. I have no idea, I guess 2 inches off of each :p
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I just think the measurements aren't an accurate enough way to define hourglass, though. I mean, Oprah is supposed to be an hourglass, isn't she? She looks apple as eff to me. And, I see body types like the sillouette, and having big boobs doesn't affect the sillouette unless you're standing profile. In which case, it doesn't matter. But, I still maintain it's about proportions.

Of course, if we're talking traditional definitions. You're 100% correct.

And thank you! And you're welcome :) I'm sure you carry those 10lbs well ;)

How do you define an hourglass shape without measurements, though? Of course they matter. Oprah has a very small waist, except when she's been at her very highest weight. She is not an apple at all.

And on a REAL WOMAN (not the blacked out drawn pictures), the breasts do make the shape. Larger breasts spill over to the side a bit, no matter how good your bra is and especially if you aren't wearing one at all.

I absolutely am an hourglass and can attest to that. It isn't my shoulders that give me my shape, it's my bust size.

NOT apple-shaped:

Oprah-Winfrey.jpg
  • runaboutrach
    Options
    5'3 here...just about hourglass but turning more pear everyday!!
    135lbs
    bust- 34 inches (down from 38)
    waist- 26 (from 30)
    hips- 36 (from 40)
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My old figure used to be 36-26-36. I put on all my weight that I had lost to get there back on. After a few months of a good lifestyle change, I have reached 37-32-40. However, the most weight I've lost, the bigger the cup size I've got...! I guess I've just been still growing as I do not think I will ever get 36 inch hips back...
  • blueduckie
    blueduckie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yay! So many curvy women here!! I'm 5ft8 and a hour glass shape!

37.5, 26, 38.5 :D
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Me...and looking better every day :D
  • bethany812
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weigh 148 lbs currently (my goal weight is 130-135 lbs). My measurements are 36-28-38 (my hourglass has a little more sand in the bottom). I'd like to get down to 36-26-36 but i'm more concerned with the numbers on the scale and how i feel when i look in the mirror. Since my journey started here last year I've dropped from a size 12 (which were getting tight) to a size 8.
  • AkashaDeville
    Options
    I am hourglass shaped, 5'5" tall
  • devilheels
    Options
    well, i just took my measurements. I'm 205 pounds, 5'11", and my bust is 44" (I'm an F) my waist is 34" and my hips are 46". I think that makes me hourglass, right? Either way, I'd like to go down a few inches on all three! My goal is to be able to buy a bra in a store, and not to have to custom order them!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    <--- Hour glassed 5'7.5 last time I had measurements taken I was a 34-29-35. Not sure what is it now but I am currently maintaining at 135-137. I am inbetween a size 6-8 for pants and wear a 2-4 in dresses.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    5'7
    Hips 41
    Waist 38
    Breast 45

So, a lil...I cant wait to get smaller. haha
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I just officially found my new favorite thread!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Popcorn-09-Psych.gif
  • bco1158
    Options
    I just officially found my new favorite thread!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Popcorn-09-Psych.gif

=D

& Gus FTW!
  • LizC27
    LizC27 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 41 Bust / 30 Waist / 42 Hips

Of course--I need to just about 4" from each :(
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I think I'm hourglass? 35 bust, 27 waist, 38 hips. I'm 5'6". I'd maybe like to lose another 1/2"-1" off my waist, but I'm pretty happy with things the way they are currently.
  • IamNhappy
    IamNhappy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    5'7 Bust 42//Waist 31//Hips 48 Trying to get rid of it all :sick:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Also not short (5'7") but
    Bust: 35" (I wear a 32F)
    Waist: 24'
    Hips: 37" (size 6 mostly)