Shaking that sassy *kitten* and getting hit on.

Options
sullykat
sullykat Posts: 461 Member
I had a discussion yesterday with my trainer about flirting and getting hit on. He said he loves it because, as he put it, he's "still got it!". I personally, have never been a huge fan. I mean, yes, it is most certainly flattering! But enjoyable? For me, not really.

I got to thinking about it and wondered why I have such an aversion to people (ANYONE)flirting with me. I think it's a selfconsciousness thing when it comes down to it. Being uncomfortable with oneself.

So, I guess my question is, how comfortable are you with being hit on and/or flirted with. And, I suppose, while the questions are bing asked, if you are single (or a little more free spirtited in your relationship) how comfortable are you with flirting? Were you ever uncomfortable with it?

Replies

• _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOOOVE flirting. And the better I feel about myself, the worse (or better if you like) I get about it. I used to be more uncomfortable about it, but now it's just a part of me. I blame my MFPeeps, dirty lot that they are. :)
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    And by the way...how YOU doin'? :wink:
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I HATE being flirted with, it makes me feel so awkward! Probably because I suck at it
  • I'm uncomfortable with social interaction in general.
  • sullykat
    Options
    I'm pretty good thanks! How YOU doin'? :happy:
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have become a relentless flirt and I love it!

And SusieQ.....big boobie-smooshing hugs right back at 'ya :flowerforyou:
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    my friends/coworkers/family tell me all the time that I flirt with everybody, but I don't see it. I'm naturally pretty outgoing and friendly and I never really realize that it may come off as flirty. At the same time, I'm pretty oblivious as to when someone is actually flirting with me, unless they are super direct about it. But when I DO notice that I'm being flirted with I do enjoy it and find it very flattering!
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    I have become a relentless flirt and I love it!

And SusieQ.....big boobie-smooshing hugs right back at 'ya :flowerforyou:

The hot chiclettes on my FL are the worst. Thankfully!

*skips off to squish on Wuggums*
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I love being flirted with... its only gotten worse since I started using MFP and have some wonderful MFPeeps...
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hmm... well my personality is naturally flirtatious... so, having said that, I'm pretty comfortable with it. I have a boyfriend on the other side of the country, so for me, I keep it very innocent. However, when it comes to them asking me out or whatever, I usually just tell them I'm taken and they respectfully go away. It's when they're douche bags about it is when things get uncomfortable. haha
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I think this is just part of your personality or it isn't. I work in the cosmetology field. Part of my success lies in my ability to make people feel good about themselves through looks, speech, touch & talent. Flirting is key in that. You have to be outgoing, and have the shmooze factor.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    My husband says I flirt with almost all guys I meet.

I say that free drinks at the bar, free food at the restaurant, and free games at the bowling alley should certainly eradicate his jealousy :wink:
  • _SusieQ_
    Options
    I love being flirted with... its only gotten worse since I started using MFP and have some wonderful MFPeeps...

*tackles hugs and smothers you with kisses* my favorite little pixi girl!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Oh, and let's not forget better tips at my job! (Delivery driver)
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I suck at flirting and it makes me feel awkward....I wish I didn't always feel so reserved. Alcohol usually does the trick though :laugh: :blushing:
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    When I was younger I hated being flirted with... I was self conscious and not comfortable. Really any social situation made me feel uncomfortable and out of place...sometimes still does. Now I love flirting and being flirted with.
  • sullykat
    Options
    I suck at flirting and it makes me feel awkward....I wish I didn't always feel so reserved. Alcohol usually does the trick though :laugh: :blushing:

Oh agreed! When I was single, I used alcohol once or twice to get my flirt on. In my mind it worked... who knows if it actually did; maybe I was just that obnoxious drunk girl who wouldn't go away.
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    it can get real awkward sometimes but im a complete flirt even when i dont realize it but now that im in a relationship i dont even go there and if a guy starts flirting with me i simply tell him im taken or i walk away LOL not interested...
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I haven't the foggiest how I'm supposed to react, and so I overreact. Like when a guy asked for my number I said I had no telephone at all and no access to any telephone, cell or landline.

Mostly, it's just that I've been pretty unattractive the majority of my life, and so I wouldn't know how to proceed if asked. I'm not to the point where this is really happening, though.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    And by the way...how YOU doin'? :wink:

^^ haha -

Flirting is an art form that I am trying to perfect -and will take any willing participants that want to flirt with me :drinker: