That really grinds my gears!!

Options

Replies

• Jenerferzzz
    Jenerferzzz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Being held up in traffic by some &%##&@ talking on their cell phone. When Im in a wicked mood I will honk while the light is still red. The clown reactively always hits the gas and then slams on the brakes! Ah, the thrill of it just "ungrinds" my gears!

This is just great. I would love to see the look on thier face when they realize what they did.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    To quote the great, late George Carlin "I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic ****ing hatreds"

Most of mine are work-related...I work at McDonalds. Brace yourselves for this list...

1) When people start their order like this "Gimme.....". Rude. How about "I'd like a" or "May I have". Also, if you walk up to the counter and we say "Hello", say Hello back...don't just ignore us and start barking your order. We are humans, not McDonalds robots.

2) Complaining about things the average employee has no control over. Such as prices, policies, the layout of our restaurant or even commercials. B!tch, do I look like the head of marketing? I make 11 dollars and have to wear polyester pants.

3) When people ignore the little dish I've made with my hand and plunk their money on the counter. I know you saw my hand dish! I always take a painstakingly long time to pick up the coins as it makes my rage lessen.

4) People who leave their young kids in the restaurant while they go shopping(my McDonalds is in a Walmart). Are you insane?

5) Talking on a cell phone while you order. If you do this anywhere, you are a bad person. I don't care if you volunteer at an orphanage or save kittens from burning buildings, you are a terrible person.

6) Please and thank you. Just in general, at any place or any time. Have some manners.

I know this makes me sound like a rage-a-holic, but I'm not the only one. I'm convinced working fast food crushes your soul and turns you into a passive-aggressive hate monster.

Stay in school, kids.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    To quote the great, late George Carlin "I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic ****ing hatreds"

Most of mine are work-related...I work at McDonalds. Brace yourselves for this list...

1) When people start their order like this "Gimme.....". Rude. How about "I'd like a" or "May I have". Also, if you walk up to the counter and we say "Hello", say Hello back...don't just ignore us and start barking your order. We are humans, not McDonalds robots.

2) Complaining about things the average employee has no control over. Such as prices, policies, the layout of our restaurant or even commercials. B!tch, do I look like the head of marketing? I make 11 dollars and have to wear polyester pants.

3) When people ignore the little dish I've made with my hand and plunk their money on the counter. I know you saw my hand dish! I always take a painstakingly long time to pick up the coins as it makes my rage lessen.

4) People who leave their young kids in the restaurant while they go shopping(my McDonalds is in a Walmart). Are you insane?

5) Talking on a cell phone while you order. If you do this anywhere, you are a bad person. I don't care if you volunteer at an orphanage or save kittens from burning buildings, you are a terrible person.

6) Please and thank you. Just in general, at any place or any time. Have some manners.

I know this makes me sound like a rage-a-holic, but I'm not the only one. I'm convinced working fast food crushes your soul and turns you into a passive-aggressive hate monster.

Stay in school, kids.

You have me in tears!!!! :laugh:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    1.. Its race weekend down here. So every raod is gonna be packed and there will be no place to go eat that isnt full to the rafters. I hate race weekend..

2.Its almost time to start shopping with all the crazy people. I hate christmas shopping. I usually want to kill someone by the end.

3. My sister
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I hate it when someone tells me to smile. I can't smile 24/7 and usually when someone says that it's because I have had a bad day and they just made it worse. Uhh... probably a strange pet peeve but I am always complimented for how much I smile so I know it isn't because I am a grumpy pants. lol.

Definitely this! Who smiles constantly??? Some big faker?? Get outta here!!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    When Im on the on-ramp to the highway and Im still doing 45mph by the time I've reached the end of the ramp because the person in front of me is a De-De-DEEEE.....Yup - My Masshole is in full swing then!

I hate the drivers that don't know how to merge so they actually STOP on the on-ramp. WTF!
  • TrixieTN
    Options

I worked at a fast food restuarant in college. I sympathize with the hand dish situation! Also, people who would go through the drive-thru in a truck pulling a trailer. They couldn't make the turn, so they had to pull over to the side, park, and walk up to the window. Since you were going to have to park and get out anyway, come inside instead of blocking the drive-thru!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Nothing. The world is all sunshine, butterflies, and rainbows.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    When Im on the on-ramp to the highway and Im still doing 45mph by the time I've reached the end of the ramp because the person in front of me is a De-De-DEEEE.....Yup - My Masshole is in full swing then!

I hate the drivers that don't know how to merge so they actually STOP on the on-ramp. WTF!

i constantly find myself yelling "HIT THE GAS AND GET OVER YOUR CLEAR TIL CHRISTMAS!!!!!" :explode: :noway: :grumble: :mad:
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    People at work who don't know how to flush. And don't know how to get it IN THE BOWL. The women's restroom on my floor is the stuff of legend around here. Port-A-Potties are cleaner.

LOL...I have cleaned public woman's restrooms before and its freakin' nasty!! Sorry ladies, but yall do have us beat ...yes, guy's pee on the seat but Ive seen some nassttyyyy, *kitten* ( pun intended ) in womans restrooms.
  • jlapey
    Options

Stay in school, kids.

You have me in tears!!!! :laugh:

restaurants and retail... that's where one can encounter the rudest of the rude.
  • Julettashane
    Options
    People at work who don't know how to flush. And don't know how to get it IN THE BOWL. The women's restroom on my floor is the stuff of legend around here. Port-A-Potties are cleaner.

LOL...I have cleaned public woman's restrooms before and its freakin' nasty!! Sorry ladies, but yall do have us beat ...yes, guy's pee on the seat but Ive seen some nassttyyyy, *kitten* ( pun intended ) in womans restrooms.

yup i used to do custodian work the only bathrooms that i have found to be nastier are mens bathroom at a warehouse where there are guys there day and night and the women only work in the office and so the warehouse is used by the workers and truck drivers......omgsh i just had to spray the whole bathroom down ceiling to floor with bleach then use a water hose and let airdry......im talkin stall explosions lol :sick:
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    When I mis-shift!

When I misread and think someone wrote mis-**** and am looking forward to an interesting story only to be let down when I reread.
  • jlapey
    Options
    I hate people who use the bank drive-thru when they don't have their transaction 'ready'. If you don't have your paperwork filled out and ready to go, GO INSIDE!, If you don't trust the teller enough to know where one transaction ends and the other begins, GO INSIDE or use paperclips and send them through ALL AT THE SAME TIME. This passing the canister back and forth, over and over per transaction is A WASTE OF TIME. The drive-thru is like the express lane, it's supposed to be FAST! Don't sit there when your transaction is done and balance your friggin' check book either. Move to a parking space and let the next person get on with their business.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

That was me, I was the only one in the Office on Sunday so I get this idea to take a dump in the ladies room. Then I kick it up a notch and when I’m done I scoot over to the other stall and finish my business and I leave the dung sitting there like the last lady in here didn’t flush or wipe. haha
  • thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I hate when people get into their own little worlds at the grocery store and completly block the isle. I don't care what you are doing just let me get by!!

My boyfriend does that all the time. Everytime, I ask him, "are you the only one in the grocery store?" Quite often my purse is in the cart and he leaves it. Drives me bonkers.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You know what grinds my gears? The guy or gal in the gym (every gym has one) that HAS to make sounds like they are haivng an orgasm whenever they lift heavy... C'mon, REALLY? Get that **** under control!

This. My gym is set up in a way that you could end up face to face with someone who gets on the machine opposite to yours. I didn't do my last set of lat pull downs a little while back because I couldn't tell if the guy facing me was trying to lift his max weight or give birth. I understand a little grunt or growl now and then, but come on, it's a gym, not a maternity unit.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options

I know that this is supposed to be light-hearted, but this really pisses me off.

Complaining to anyone is annoying, but complaining to someone that can't really do anything about it is in a class of its own.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I absolutely knew when I clicked this thread that there would be a fellow Masshole complaining about the way people drive. Classic!
  • Julettashane
    Options
    I hate people who use the bank drive-thru when they don't have their transaction 'ready'. If you don't have your paperwork filled out and ready to go, GO INSIDE!, If you don't trust the teller enough to know where one transaction ends and the other begins, GO INSIDE or use paperclips and send them through ALL AT THE SAME TIME. This passing the canister back and forth, over and over per transaction is A WASTE OF TIME. The drive-thru is like the express lane, it's supposed to be FAST! Don't sit there when your transaction is done and balance your friggin' check book either. Move to a parking space and let the next person get on with their business.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! and people wonder why us bank tellers get stressed out........BECAUSE SOME CUSTOMER ARE aggrevating!!!!!!! :noway: