is it possible to lose the fat and keep the b00bs?

Options

Replies

• AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    No, I used to be a nice juicy 38DD...well the DD was good, the 38 not so much. After weight loss, pregnancy, breastfeeding, etc...I'm now a 34DD. I had a plastic surgery consult...he said if I got a lift alone, I'd be a B cup! Yikees!!
    So I'm going for a lift and implants, to get back to a normal sized 34D....he said you can do anything with exercise but your breast flesh cannot and won't lift or change except by surgery.

Sad to say, but that's the reality!
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'd love to shrink up my bewbs. My hips are down 4.5 inches. The band around my bra is down 4 inches. Around the boobs, 1.5 inches. Ugh. Someday I will see my feet looking straight down. :pray:

right there with ya...I am HOPING mine shrink. The backache is not worth it and I want to be able to buy pretty bras in a color other than white beige or black!
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i'm thinking along these lines. if they start to deflate, i will get the girls worked on.

i know they are just boobs, but i love them. so much!
    No, I used to be a nice juicy 38DD...well the DD was good, the 38 not so much. After weight loss, pregnancy, breastfeeding, etc...I'm now a 34DD. I had a plastic surgery consult...he said if I got a lift alone, I'd be a B cup! Yikees!!
    So I'm going for a lift and implants, to get back to a normal sized 34D....he said you can do anything with exercise but your breast flesh cannot and won't lift or change except by surgery.

Sad to say, but that's the reality!
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've dropped from 33% bodyfat to 25% and I've gone from a 38D to a 36D, and now close to a 34DD. So technically I've lost a cup size, but since my waist is smaller everything is still proportional. Nothing special about what I've done, I just consider myself lucky.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My body comp has been changing for awhile now, have been slowly dropping BF, and my stupid stupid boobs DO NOT CHANGE.

I'm a DD-E. All I've ever wanted is smaller boobs. I've come to the realisation that it may never happen. Nobody ever notices my body has changed because my boobs just look huge and make my upper body look bigger than it is.

So yes OP, it's possible. Although I don't know about at a very, very low BF %
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I lost 27 lbs- went from around 160 and I'm at 131 now (size 12 pants to size 2). They're almost completely gone. Started out as a medium C and now I'm a little teeny A :sad:
  • aimeebug82
    aimeebug82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'd love to shrink up my bewbs. My hips are down 4.5 inches. The band around my bra is down 4 inches. Around the boobs, 1.5 inches. Ugh. Someday I will see my feet looking straight down. :pray:

Be careful what you wish for! i used to complain ALL the time and wish they were gone and well...now there gone and sure do wish i had them! :cry:
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of my chest. I went from a 40 DD to a 34-36 B...I don't think it's possible, but if it is, lucky you! :tongue:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it depends on your body shape to begin with. at my thinnest at 5'5 125 pounds, i was 28 JJ and probably 18-20% body fat so i dont have much confidence that as i lose weight now i'll be losing weight in my cup.

i'm about halfway to my goal and sure enough i've lost almost 3 band sizes (from 38 to a lose 34) and nothing in my boob volume which mean my cup size has gone up.

i think in order to significantly lose boob size i'd have to get below 15% body fat which is leaner than my current goal, but i'm hoping that i'll at least be able to lose a few cup sizes so maybe i can end up a 30 DDD

but in general i think those of us who are naturally full busted (as opposed to full chested) will always have large tatas
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm down 55lbs in 5 months and down from 44% BF to 30% and I've lost a band and a cup size so far (now a 38C), I have another 50lbs to lose so am expecting to go down another cup size. But I'm happy because I always hated having big boobs!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i've lost 10# and still have the same boobage. i wouldn't mind going down a cup size but i hope i won't--if for my wallet's sake. i've spent so much on all of my bras--i'd hate to have to replenish an entire collection! i have to go to a freakin specialty store because victoria's secret just doesn't do it anymore.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you're built! I lose from the top down, so the first place you could notice my weight loss was my face, then arms/shoulders, then boobs :(, then waist, then hips...etc. I went from a spilling over C to a I-can-totally-still-fill-it-shhhh B. I'm 9 lbs away from goal. Oh well. I guess that's what pushups are for.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I went from a 42DD at 276 pounds to a 36F at 172 pounds (about 50%+ body fat or something, not sure, to 36% now). :bigsmile: Couldn't be happier.

*Edited to add but I don't care much either way, I actually found out I was wearing the wrong size bra, so I may have really been much bigger to begin with, and it honestly just feels REALLY good to be wearing a bra that fits, whatever size it is...my mother only weighs like 105 pounds and she's always been around a 32C/D, so big boobs probably just run in the family...
  • shquig
    shquig Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30 lbs. so far (this time around). I was a small DD cup when I started this round of weight loss and now I'm a large C cup. Big boobs are great if that's your preference but not at the expense of your health unless being sick with big boobs is a tradeoff you're willing to make.

I should mention that large boobs run in my family, I don't think I'll drop below a C cup, I have to lose about 17 more pounds to get to my goal.

I'm thinking a great diet and a great push up bra together just might be the best of both worlds!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    That depends on your genetics coz there are some women who have more mammary glands than others. Generally speaking, our boobs are made of 80% fat so which is why when we lose fat, the 'girls' get smaller too.

I was about 40C when I was at my highest weight & 43% body fat and now at 19% BF, I'm only a size 34A (but who cares anyway?)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Yes. It depends on how much of your breasts are fat versus how much are breast tissue. If you had big boobs before you became overweight, you will probably keep them. I am down to around 19% BF and wear a 32F.
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    i pretty much have the worst luck ever.
    years ago, in my early teens, i actually had boobs. i was a 36C and i weighed about 130lbs. if i look back at photos now i wonder if my scale was incorrect because i looked a lot heavier than i am now (125lbs). anyway, extreme body image issues kicked in, and after my first stint at dieting, i was 113 lbs... and my boobs shrunk to 32A.
    since then i have gained and lost during the years, ending up at my highest of 145lbs... and the only part of my bra size that changed was the band... to a 34A.
    right now i am 32A, again.
    seriously, it is like reverse puberty!
    when i was 13= 36C
    now at 27=32A

gah!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I've lost almost 85 lbs have only lost one cup size. I went from a 44M to a 38L. I still want to lose around 40 more lbs, but I think that I'll still have plenty when I'm done. I did, however, have a very large chest before I got fat.
  • risenonlytofall
    Options
    I lost 15lbs and went from a 34G to a 30FF, but like others are mentioning it's entirely dependent on your own body and genetics.
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am down 2 band sizes and 1 cup size. THe weight poured off my upper body though. Wish it would come off my *kitten* instead... ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!