Calling all COFFEE LOVERS!

Options

Replies

• delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Unless you are sensitive to caffeine, I think a cup of coffee a day is actually healthy. Everything in moderation. Besides a cup of strong coffee in the morning, I usually make room on my daily meal plan for a Starbucks Frappuccino in the bottle. I love those things!!
  • Heather0123456789
    Options
    I did, for one day. Kicked 3 puppies and a homeless guy.

Hahahahahahaha! I laughed so hard, I cried!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I did, for one day. Kicked 3 puppies and a homeless guy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So mean but it nearly made me spit my coffee out. Jk, I was drinking water.

Don't even joke about spitting out coffee! :noway: That's wasteful

:cry: Sorry, I won't do it again.

You're forgiven - now say 3 "Hail Folgers" and go have a cup of coffee to atone :wink:
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to have coffee in the morning. I consume no caffeine after noon due to it keeping me awake at night if I have caffeine in the afternoon.

Wow! I can drink fully caffeinated drinks right before laying down and be out in no time. And I don't wake up in the middle of the night from it either.
  • TLynn0568
    Options
    Of all the things I was ready, willing and able to sacrifice when I changed my eating/drinking habits, coffee was NOT - COULD NOT - be one of them. I drink my coffee with a little extra half and half and if that consumption pushed me back in the weight loss oh well. :laugh:

If I don't have that ONE large mug every day I feel off. I like tea too, but it just doesn't have the same effect for me in the morning like my good old coffee. I'd probably completely give up pizza first!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee still, I just either have it black or pick a flavored coffee so I don't need sugar
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have a 16 oz cup of coffee in the morning, with stevia and full fat cream, then its hot or ice tea unsweetened the remainder of the day. Rarely when I go out to dinner I will order another coffee instead of something sweet. I believe tea can heal the body and its fine to drink up as much as you want, minus sugar or cream in it. Coffee I dont think is as healing but I dont think its unhealthy, it all comes down to what you add to it, too much sugar or cream will add calories galore and they do add up quick!
  • blacklaceroses
    blacklaceroses Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The thought of giving up coffee is like saying the end of the world is officially here.

has never hinder me at all so why stop. of course i do mostly decafe
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid iced tea drinker, and with that comes caffeine and artificial sweetener. I cut out both, and really didn't notice any difference with weight or anything else. I know artificial sweeteners are awful for the body, but I've read conflicting info on caffeine. Maybe try cutting it out and see if you feel any differently (no caffeine gives me awful headaches), or don't worry about it!
  • determined136
    Options
    I LOVE COFFEE.....but have given it up. I am at a month without it and I feel great. I will be honest with you it is the cream and sugar that makes it so yummy and soothing. I gave it up as a challenge from and MFP buddy but I am glad that I did. Not to say I would never drink it again but I don't need it.

:drinker:
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I drink one cup in the morning and depending on the day SOMETIMES ill drink 2 cups a day one in the morning 1 in the evening, usually i use 0% milk with 1 packet of splenda OR ill just use 1 and a half tsp of powdered milk with 1 packet of splenda, i am trying to stop the whole 2 cups a day and it helps to drink green tea instead
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I just gave up the fake, non-dairy creamers. I use Splenda or Nectresse with my coffee.
  • shapeup6
    shapeup6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I once quit coffee for about 3 months and I honestly don't remember the reason. I think just to see if I could go without the caffeine. That was a few years ago. Now, I have 1 cup of caffeinated coffee every single day. I drink my coffee black so I don't have to worry about the nutritional content of any sugar, creamers or milk. I won't give it up since 1 cup a day is harmless and I enjoy it.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I've reduced to 3 cups a day. Might reduce some more. But eliminate? Never.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black with no sweetener of any form. I see no reason to give it up...
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER give up coffee! Just the thought makes me sad :cry: The more the better!!:drinker:
    ETA: I drink mine black so the calorie thing isn't an issue. My only treat coffee is a dirty chai from a local food vendor. Om nom nom nom nom. So delicious!
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee but, having adrenal fatigue I have to be careful..I drink Yerba Matte during the day at work as an alternative
  • craigy_84
    craigy_84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have 1-2 a morning. Recently bought an espresso machine too so I'm loving my coffee more than ever now!
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I want my family to love me, so I enjoy a big cup (about 3 "cups" on coffee maker) in the morning of Half-Caff just because I can get a real buzz from straight caffeinated. Everything in moderation, I figure, and I drink a gallon of water a day so I think instead of juice/pop, a big cup of coffee is probably ok :) If not, it's worth it to me to, again, have my family love me while I'm here!
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof Coffee is the way to go!!

Recipe for Bulletproof coffee:

16 oz brewed coffee or 6oz espresso

1 TBS unsalted butter or ghee butter
    1 TSP MCT Oil
    1 TSP Cinimmion
    16 oz brewed coffee or 6oz espresso

Put all together in a blender and blend!

It's a paleo approved coffee!