is it possible to lose the fat and keep the b00bs?

Options

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    BTW...If you drop your band size your cup size goes UP so for all the big letters.. get BIGGER bands and the cup size will go down. Makes it easier to shop ;) Of course it isn't as "impressive" to say I have 36 DD as opposed to 30 H :noway:

Well, the circumference of my ribcage is 28". I wear a 32F which is indeed the same cup size as a 34DD (which I used to wear), but when I dropped weight my 34DDs didn't support the ladies anymore because the band was too big and would ride up. It isn't bragging to say I wear a 32F, it's just wearing the correct size bra.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    my weight never went to my boobage :o I'm a B now and I was a B before. I will always be a B.

I went from a 44B to a 38B since joining MFP. Tiny Tata's are where its at.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Mine are the same size!!!

Oh wait, you said LARGE boobs. :wink:

I was an A before, and I'm still an A. lol
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    mine went from a D to a C already :( and I am only half way done! Hopefully they will still be a good size once the belly is completely gone!! lol
  • CasablancasTX
    Options
    I've lost 33lbs and went from a 42DDD to a 38DDD. I'm hoping to lose a cup size so finding bras will be easier.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    I think its based on genetics. I used to be over 250 with DDs. Now at 115 lbs lost.:.no more DDs :( some can keep te boobs, some don't...
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Have not lost mine yet. (woops did I say that). Sorry I had to do it
  • RainbowBrightww23
    RainbowBrightww23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    People talking about reductions especially with quite a bit of weight to still lose please do your research before you make a final decision. You may want to wait and end up just needing a lift. I had a reduction about 10 years ago went down to a C I was about 170 lbs at that time and I regret it every single day. It made buying clothes easier but not bras. PLUS I really miss my double D's just not the 42 part :tongue: . I'm just barely a C and back down to 168 and once I get down to goal I am not going to have anything left.

+1
    My dad is a doctor, and he says that he is constantly disheartened by the number of women that come into the operating room for breast reductions when they still have a significant amount of weight to lose. For those that are on the path to sustainable weight loss, they often end up losing volume that they will regret at the end of their journey, and for those that have "crash dieted" prior to surgery, they often just end up gaining the volume back because they haven't made a long lasting change.
  • Aakani
    Aakani Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can't really keep boobs if they are going away, but if you naturally have a large bust, they generally stay large in proportion to your size. If they are shrinking more than you'd like, start really training your pecs-they make all boobs look a lot better.
  • olerolls
    olerolls Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The thing is, if you lose weight everywhere else, you'll look better if you DO lose some weight in your chest. You'll look more proportional and not top-heavy.

Like others have said, you can't choose where to lose the weight, so whatever happens happens.

A fit, healthy body all over with proportionally sized breats is a hell of a lot sexier than fat and big boobs.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Mine have decreased...However,they are now on my biceps;-)
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    We gone need some pics to tell, umm hum!
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    When last I was thin I was still a 32 DD even though I was thin enough my ribs showed. I think it is the genes,though.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I had them before I was fat (when i was in HS and college) so i am HOPING i still have them when i lose it...but, i know you lose it in different places etc...so...who knows.......
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    I'm a "loser":cry: I didn't have big boobs to start with, but that was the first area that went:sad: Like someone said, better to be healthy and fit!! Not gonna lie I would like to have bigger boobs, but oh well, a girl can dream.:flowerforyou:
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    At 275lbs, I was a 44DDDish, and though my boobs have gotten smaller by volume, I am now a 36F at 173lbs ish. I think it's in the genes, but I think you can also lift weights (think pectoral muscles) that will help prevent saggyness. I still want to lose 20+ to be in the healthy BMI category, so I'll keep you posted on if all 20lbs comes from my chest!
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    Mine have decreased...However,they are now on my biceps;-)
    I :heart: that, I'm gonna have to use that one!!!
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i have been at a healthy weight for my body before (not currently however, but I will be again!!)

Out of everything that changed from losing weight to be in the healthy range for my height, my bra cup size did not. I was kind of looking forward to it, but nope.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    At my thinnest I was a 38 DD 5'6 / 135. I went up to a 38/40 G. I don't anticipate getting much smaller .

BTW...If you drop your band size your cup size goes UP so for all the big letters.. get BIGGER bands and the cup size will go down. Makes it easier to shop ;) Of course it isn't as "impressive" to say I have 36 DD as opposed to 30 H :noway:

The band size should fit your rib cage, if you go up in band size the bra won't fit as well. Who cares about the numbers, get a bra that fits you. Band fits comfortably, boobs fit IN the cups, not falling out, with the center of the bra sitting on your breast bone. (So you have two boobs, not the dreaded monoboob.) If you have a Nordstrom near you, they are well known for doing bra fittings and helping you into the size you should be wearing. You don't have to buy anything to get the fitting.
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    I look at it like this. You will lose some boobage and some back fat, so your bra size will be smaller. But your tummy will be smaller too, so by comparison, your boobs will still look good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!