133lbs Lost! Hopefully w/Pic...?? Here's My Story...

Options

Replies

• meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This is AMAZING! You did such a great job!
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I started my first day with MFP, and my first day of my lifestyle change on November 26th 2010. Married for 20 years, I had been separated for about 3-4 years. On Thanksgiving, as we sat at the table, my 3 sons were hesitant, and I knew they felt bad, to tell me that their dad had a new girlfriend! It wasn't that I wanted him back, i just didn't want to be left behind, feeling miserable about myself, with him moving on, and me sitting on the sidelines. Those words were all i needed for inspiration, and motivation! I had been over weight for far too long, and it was time for a change.
    I weighed in at 315lbs, at some point I even believe i weighed around 330lbs. Something just finally clicked for me, I didn't want to hate myself anymore.I started eating healthier, and was watching my calories. Since it was just after Thanksgiving, there were left overs, and yes, I did eat some, I was just careful not to over eat. Over the last 2 years, I have have many good days, many splurge days, which I allowed myself so I wouldn't feel deprived of the foods I loved. There is NO WAY in hell I'm never gonna eat Mexican Food, Pizza, and all the other good things I loved. I just ate those foods, but I was careful for the rest of the day, and got right back on the next day. I believe that is the key, getting right back on track even if you have bad days, which I still do.
    Before I started on my road to a healthier me, I was eating 2-3 pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream everyday, along with regular soda, and other junk. I slept most days, was severely depressed, and lived on Oxycontin because of back pain, which I am now off of! I have battled my weight all my life, starting my first diet when I was 8! I used to think, in my warped way of thinking, that if you blew it one day, mise well give up. I had to change my way if thinking, and unlearn all the wrong things I believed. Today, I use spray butter, eat more veggies, and fruits, lean meats, and just over all make better choices. I'm still not perfect, but I still keep trying. I want to lose another 17lbs, to reach my goal of 165lbs, and I know I will.
    After I lost the first 115lbs, I was proud of myself, and could believe how far I had come, but I was still depressed about the way i looked. I had back surgery in 2003 which left me with an open stomach wound for 8 months, and it had laft an ugly scar, not to mention the extra skin from weight loss. I wanted to start dating, but I was horrified about how I looked.
    I wanted surgery so bad, I wrote letters to the doctors and Dr, Phill Show....No response. I went online, and thought maybe I could talk to a plastic surgeon, and see if they could help me. By the grace of God, the first surgeon i picked was a woman which I believe God lead me to her. I went, and saw her, and because I am on Medicare, she said she wouold have to get prior approval. I sat in the waiting room, and while there, my head in my hands, depressed, and feeling defeated, a woman across from me, asked if I would like a prayer said for me. She said she felt that I needed one, a feeling she had I suppose, and I said yes. Before I left that office, I was on the schedule for my surgery for July 26th 2012, just 3 weeks away! I couldn't believe it, I knew this was the work of God! I felt like I had won the lottery, even better. Medicare doesn't do prior approvals, so she had to do her magic to get it covered, and she did. I ended up having another surgery again after that, because something went wrong the first time, 6 days later, I was back under. Because of all the pain, and pain meds, all I did was sleep, and so I lost 30lbs in 3 weeks, along with the 10lbs she removed...a total of 40lbs in 3 weeks which leaves me at 182lbs. Ultimate goal is 160-165. I feel very fortunate, and grateful for being able to recieve this surgery. I am still recoving, as I still have 2 very small open wound I have to pack everyday, but the difference this surgery has made is remarkable.
    I also wanted to tell the people who are just starting their journey, I consentrated only my diet for the first 3 months, then I added exercise. Since my surgery, I have been slacking on exercise, but plan to gt back on track when I move once again. There will be many temptations, and days when the scale dosen't budge, but never give up! Keep at it everyday, and I promise you will reach your goal. Yes, it will be a long journey, and constant battle, but, it's so worth the struggle. I hope I have motivated some of you with my story, and keep you on the road to sucess. I also hope that you can see my pics, I am having touble figuring it out. Please let me know if you can't see them on photobucket.com. Good luck everyone, and especially with the holidays coming!
    And a big thanks to MFP...I couldn't have done it without all you!
    StartPicNov26th2010315.jpg
    StartPic2Nov26th2010315.jpg
    pre-op215.jpg
    post-op-182.jpg
    post-op182.jpg
    post-op-182pic.jpg

The Before pis are so horrible, I am so embarassed!

They are also on my main profile page!
    Thanks
    WTF!!! Awesome work, truly amazing, looks like a different person.
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    you look SO great
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    OMG you are amazing and beautiful! You were, where I am today! Your story brought tears to my eyes and showed me I can do this. Thank you so much for posting.
  • ohkola
    ohkola Posts: 16
    Options
    Not that you don't have pages and pages of people telling you what a great job you've done and how inspiring your story is - I just thought you could use one more. :)

Thanks for posting it!
  • Davytah1983
    Davytah1983 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    such an amazing transformation... bet your ex is kicking himself now!!!! well done you!!!!!
  • NanciKay
    NanciKay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You have totally re-made yourself!! I am so proud of you, and I don't even know you!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Has to be one of the biggest improvements I've seen on here! Astounding!!
    Thank you! That dramatic huh? LOL Someone esle said the same thing. :smile:
  • ijohnson89
    Options
    I hoe your ex is eating his heart out. LMAO I'm sure you don't care cuz you have moved on, but I know with my ex, even tho i have moved on, I cant wait for the satisfaction of knowing he is like DAAAANNNGGGGGG lol!!! hehehe Congrats to you. You are such an inspiration!!!!!
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    wow...awesome work

from a beast to a beauty

Yes. She looks incredible, and what she has accomplished is nothing short of amazing.... but holy inconsiderate of everyone still working to not be a 'beast'. Ugh...

tumblr_mdjiy0w4IJ1rl618fo2_400.gif

AQV9L.gif
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I started my first day with MFP, and my first day of my lifestyle change on November 26th 2010. Married for 20 years, I had been separated for about 3-4 years. On Thanksgiving, as we sat at the table, my 3 sons were hesitant, and I knew they felt bad, to tell me that their dad had a new girlfriend! It wasn't that I wanted him back, i just didn't want to be left behind, feeling miserable about myself, with him moving on, and me sitting on the sidelines. Those words were all i needed for inspiration, and motivation! I had been over weight for far too long, and it was time for a change.
    I weighed in at 315lbs, at some point I even believe i weighed around 330lbs. Something just finally clicked for me, I didn't want to hate myself anymore.I started eating healthier, and was watching my calories. Since it was just after Thanksgiving, there were left overs, and yes, I did eat some, I was just careful not to over eat. Over the last 2 years, I have have many good days, many splurge days, which I allowed myself so I wouldn't feel deprived of the foods I loved. There is NO WAY in hell I'm never gonna eat Mexican Food, Pizza, and all the other good things I loved. I just ate those foods, but I was careful for the rest of the day, and got right back on the next day. I believe that is the key, getting right back on track even if you have bad days, which I still do.
    Before I started on my road to a healthier me, I was eating 2-3 pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream everyday, along with regular soda, and other junk. I slept most days, was severely depressed, and lived on Oxycontin because of back pain, which I am now off of! I have battled my weight all my life, starting my first diet when I was 8! I used to think, in my warped way of thinking, that if you blew it one day, mise well give up. I had to change my way if thinking, and unlearn all the wrong things I believed. Today, I use spray butter, eat more veggies, and fruits, lean meats, and just over all make better choices. I'm still not perfect, but I still keep trying. I want to lose another 17lbs, to reach my goal of 165lbs, and I know I will.
    After I lost the first 115lbs, I was proud of myself, and could believe how far I had come, but I was still depressed about the way i looked. I had back surgery in 2003 which left me with an open stomach wound for 8 months, and it had laft an ugly scar, not to mention the extra skin from weight loss. I wanted to start dating, but I was horrified about how I looked.
    I wanted surgery so bad, I wrote letters to the doctors and Dr, Phill Show....No response. I went online, and thought maybe I could talk to a plastic surgeon, and see if they could help me. By the grace of God, the first surgeon i picked was a woman which I believe God lead me to her. I went, and saw her, and because I am on Medicare, she said she wouold have to get prior approval. I sat in the waiting room, and while there, my head in my hands, depressed, and feeling defeated, a woman across from me, asked if I would like a prayer said for me. She said she felt that I needed one, a feeling she had I suppose, and I said yes. Before I left that office, I was on the schedule for my surgery for July 26th 2012, just 3 weeks away! I couldn't believe it, I knew this was the work of God! I felt like I had won the lottery, even better. Medicare doesn't do prior approvals, so she had to do her magic to get it covered, and she did. I ended up having another surgery again after that, because something went wrong the first time, 6 days later, I was back under. Because of all the pain, and pain meds, all I did was sleep, and so I lost 30lbs in 3 weeks, along with the 10lbs she removed...a total of 40lbs in 3 weeks which leaves me at 182lbs. Ultimate goal is 160-165. I feel very fortunate, and grateful for being able to recieve this surgery. I am still recoving, as I still have 2 very small open wound I have to pack everyday, but the difference this surgery has made is remarkable.
    I also wanted to tell the people who are just starting their journey, I consentrated only my diet for the first 3 months, then I added exercise. Since my surgery, I have been slacking on exercise, but plan to gt back on track when I move once again. There will be many temptations, and days when the scale dosen't budge, but never give up! Keep at it everyday, and I promise you will reach your goal. Yes, it will be a long journey, and constant battle, but, it's so worth the struggle. I hope I have motivated some of you with my story, and keep you on the road to sucess. I also hope that you can see my pics, I am having touble figuring it out. Please let me know if you can't see them on photobucket.com. Good luck everyone, and especially with the holidays coming!
    StartPic2Nov26th2010315.jpg
    pre-op215.jpg
    post-op-182.jpg
    post-op182.jpg
    post-op-182pic.jpg

The Before pis are so horrible, I am so embarassed!

Thanks
    WTF!!! Awesome work, truly amazing, looks like a different person.
    LOL!
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Options
    I started my first day with MFP,... ...with the holidays coming!

pre-op215.jpg

Thanks

WOW!! You've lost a whole person!!! That is so SUPER!!! Congratulations! WOW! And pretty too!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing! Congratulations! :)
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Way to kick it into gear! You look so beautiful and content. Good for you! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Options
    Amazing.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    high five to never giving up!! You are rocking this journey!!
  • mjboutelle
    Options
    This story is such an inspiration. My story is very similar. Thank you so much for posting your story
  • Peasley7
    Peasley7 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Such an inspiration! You look beautiful, big congratulations!! :)
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this, lately my M.E has been really bad and I have been feeling really down, so this is what I really needed to see. Congratulations on being a huge inspiration to hundreds of people and congratulations on the new you xx
  • futurestarz
    Options
    Amazing! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!