is it possible to lose the fat and keep the b00bs?

Options

Replies

• sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i WISH i could say that losing boobage was a problem for me...

i never had anything to lose from that area to begin with.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    BTW...If you drop your band size your cup size goes UP so for all the big letters.. get BIGGER bands and the cup size will go down. Makes it easier to shop ;) Of course it isn't as "impressive" to say I have 36 DD as opposed to 30 H :noway:

Well, the circumference of my ribcage is 28". I wear a 32F which is indeed the same cup size as a 34DD (which I used to wear), but when I dropped weight my 34DDs didn't support the ladies anymore because the band was too big and would ride up. It isn't bragging to say I wear a 32F, it's just wearing the correct size bra.

I have the same issue.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    BTW...If you drop your band size your cup size goes UP so for all the big letters.. get BIGGER bands and the cup size will go down. Makes it easier to shop ;) Of course it isn't as "impressive" to say I have 36 DD as opposed to 30 H :noway:

Well, the circumference of my ribcage is 28". I wear a 32F which is indeed the same cup size as a 34DD (which I used to wear), but when I dropped weight my 34DDs didn't support the ladies anymore because the band was too big and would ride up. It isn't bragging to say I wear a 32F, it's just wearing the correct size bra.

I have the same issue.

panache, freya and wacoal are the best bets for brands for people with small rib cages and tig ole bitties
  • rml_16
    Options

I have the same issue.

panache, freya and wacoal are the best bets for brands for people with small rib cages and tig ole bitties

I don't have a problem finding bras that fit. I'm just saying that a higher band size with a smaller cup doesn't work for me.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

I have the same issue.

I don't have a problem finding bras that fit. I'm just saying that a higher band size with a smaller cup doesn't work for me.

ah ok..
    i dont see how that would work for anyone though, even though i've heard people do it. ill fitting bras still look ill fitting. besides that if your band is too big you tend to get that yucky back book/bra overhang look :laugh:
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    They are just as proportionately large for my body size, but cupwise, they did go down, quite a bit.
  • rml_16
    Options

I have the same issue.

ah ok..
    i dont see how that would work for anyone though, even though i've heard people do it. ill fitting bras still look ill fitting. besides that if your band is too big you tend to get that yucky back book/bra overhang look :laugh:

I agree. I've always been told that, for example, a 34DD is the same as a 36D. But when that was my bra size (which it is at my ideal size), 34DD fit great while 36D absolutely did not. Not the cups OR the band. And I tried different brands and styles and that was always the result.
  • healthygrlnj3
    Options
    I have always had large breast and i loved them ,but the got in the way.I had a breast reduction 7 years ago when i was at a healthy weight.I missed them but loved not wearing a bra,i still miss it.....AS i gained weight they came back so did the freaken bra (not as large)but they are not perky and saggy.i want them done again but dont know if my health insurance will pay this time.So i can relate to wanting to keep the boobies.I think some people are just lucky and dont loss on there boobies.You will think im crazy but i think i want a lift n implants so they can be large perky and no bra needed.
  • Ofaatu
    Ofaatu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Its genetics, if you were big busted before the weight gain, they will still be there after the loss. I am going down in strap size as I lose back fat, but my cup size always stays dd. Which I am more then happy with.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Start a savings account to have them 'restored', if they don't need restoration you will be able to take a great vacation!!!!!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think only those of us who don't especially want to keep them big actually do! Life is so unfair!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    When I lost 60 lbs after my 2nd pregnancy, I went from a DDD to a DD. Now I am in-between a D and a DD. So yes, I think it's possible to not end up with saggy blobs of skin. :wink:
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think only those of us who don't especially want to keep them big actually do! Life is so unfair!

I know, right? I've always wanted small ones!!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I've lost 33 pounds and 17% body fat, and my boobs went from a 36D to 32B. Hubby is quite sad. :cry:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have lovely tits. Neither my band size or cup size ever changes. So yes, it is possible, but it isn't something you can control.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much so far, but it's enough to make a difference - I'm still between a B and C cup, but I've gone from a 42 to a 38 already, and I haven't even lost 30 pounds yet.
  • HurricaneElaine
    Options
    I'd like to add, Victoria's Secret push-up bras are WONDERFUL. :bigsmile:
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Most people lose proportionally. so you will be fine. I lost inches in my back, but did not change cup sizes because proportionally my chest and back size difference stayed the same (which is what dictates your cup size). Yes your breasts will get smaller, but so will the rest of you. Also, exercise helps because you tighten and lift everything, which makes your chest look larger too. Also, good posture that comes with the extra confidence helps!
  • HurricaneElaine
    Options
    @kpedersen3 - I have noticed that my posture has improved with my weight loss. A lot of people have noticed, at work (thankfully, not the guys....). :bigsmile:
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I think no matter what happens you'll be happy with the end result!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!