is it possible to lose the fat and keep the b00bs?

Options

Replies

• Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Funny how that works.
    @kpedersen3 - I have noticed that my posture has improved with my weight loss. A lot of people have noticed, at work (thankfully, not the guys....). :bigsmile:
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If they get smaller or saggy just get a push-up bra!! you dont walk about naked all day anyway. Cant WAIT for mine to get smaller lol
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You are welcomed to have mine because they slow me down! I have lost over 50 pounds and they just wont...get any smaller. UGH!!!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Nope! Not possible, sorry. I've lost 20 lbs, and my boobs are down a full cup size.
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    my boobs are always the first thing to change, when i was eating copious amounts of junk food and rapidly gaining weight they went to a very large 32D and when i was at my thinnest they were an on-the-small-side 32D. They changed noticeably but they never changed in actual cup size.
  • butterflygurl89
    Options
    Noooo!!! I keep worrying about this. :(
    When I was younger and skinnier (120 - 130ish) I had small-ish boobs. Like a small B. That was in high-school. I'm 23 now and I Love my boobs!! My friends often comment that they look big but I still even feel like they could be just a tiny bit bigger. I don't want to lose them!!! I'm hoping that since I was younger when I was last skinny, that they won't go back to being quite as small as they once were if I reach my goal weight... maybe they just weren't done growing back then? :sad:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    BTW...If you drop your band size your cup size goes UP so for all the big letters.. get BIGGER bands and the cup size will go down. Makes it easier to shop ;) Of course it isn't as "impressive" to say I have 36 DD as opposed to 30 H :noway:

Well, the circumference of my ribcage is 28". I wear a 32F which is indeed the same cup size as a 34DD (which I used to wear), but when I dropped weight my 34DDs didn't support the ladies anymore because the band was too big and would ride up. It isn't bragging to say I wear a 32F, it's just wearing the correct size bra.

I have the same issue.

In Australia as we have an E cup sizing which falls between the DD and F not in place of one of them.

So I wear a 32F/10F and used to be able to wear a 12E/34E if I did it up on the tightest set of hooks. Since I have lost 11lbs I can't even wear the 12E/34E as they are too loose on the tightest setting. They dont even sit snug on the skin at all. Your band is your main support not your shoulder straps girls so go for the band size that fits you properly not the cheapest option. Your back will thank you, and so will your shoulders so you don't get the gouge marks.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Nope! Not possible, sorry. I've lost 20 lbs, and my boobs are down a full cup size.

Oh I forgot. If it happened to one person, it will happen to everyone. I guess it's a figment of the imagination for those of us who don't lose our breasts as we lose weight. I mean, you lost yours, so it's not possible that others don't.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Only your genetics will determine your boobs. I have been taking measurements since the beginning, and the difference between my two boob measurements has went down fairly equally. But currently, I am up two cup sizes and down one band size. Go figure. Keep in mind that boobs are mammary glands and fat. Your genetics determine the ratio of each.
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    my cup size stays the same, when I was 127 lbs and I'm now 140 lbs.
    even though it will shrink, I believe it will stay in proportion.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I lose the boobs first. I have a feeling I'm going to be like my mom -- right now I am a large C small D, but when I got down to 250 lbs the first time, I shrank to a B and I still have over 130 lbs to lose from there!!! So I have a feeling I'll be a small A cup when I'm done... sadly... anyone with large boobs they want to get rid of, feel free to share some of the girls with me!! Haha :laugh:
  • Katie22222
    Katie22222 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't really care about this :D as long as they don't disappear completely lol.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I don't really care about this :D as long as they don't disappear completely lol.

Haha I'm totally scared they will -- I think that's why it's such a hard thing for me to WANT to lose weight -- I already have small boobs, I don't want them to disappear!! :cry:
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight loss I was a 34DD, I'm now a 28F. So my boobs have gotten quite a lot smaller. It has really upset me actually, I was hoping I'd keep them.

(if you people aren't familiar with bra sizing, just because my letter is 'bigger' it doesn't mean my boobs are bigger, it's dependent on the band size)
  • CarlaC78
    Options
    I lost mine :( They were tiny to begin with (B cup) now I am an A cup :(
  • jereneyz
    jereneyz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    After years of dieting, I have formulated this really weird method that helps me keep mine:

For example, if I want to lose 20 lbs, this is what I do: I will lose 25lbs and a cup size. Unfortunately, I'm one of those girls where the first thing to go are my boobs. However, after I lose 25lbs, I put 5lbs back. Guess where the 5 lbs go? Tada! So I'm down 20lbs, and I get to keep my cup size.

I am pretty sure this won't work for everyone. However, for me personally, the first place I lose fat from is my boobs, and the first place I put weight on is my boobs too. Therefore, this tip works for me :)

I've never dropped beyond a C cup, which is pretty amazing considering that I'm Asian and rather petite.
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about your boobs unless they are your career and support your family. Your health and fitness are just as important :)

/\/\/\ Agreed. Besides, loosing cup size is necessary when loosing band size, too. Otherwise, you end up like me - I can wear a 38 band but can't find a large enough corresponding cup size to fit.
  • Buzzyi
    Buzzyi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've lost a lot more weight than it actually shows on here as I lost a significant amount before sing MFP. I've gone from a 40E to a 30D. AND the girls are heading South. GLUM!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    It depends on the body type. Apple type bodies tend to keep their fat on the top, therefore the lobs don't lose fat. My aunties like that and she loses weight on her legs first but it's almost impossible for her to lose boobs or stomach fat.

I'm an opposite. First place to lose fat is my face, then boobs, then weist. The legs and butt are the last place to lose fat.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The last time I lost a lot of weight I did lose some boobage, but they stayed big compared to my body AAAANNNNDDD as a side benefit they got perkier. I wear a specialized workout bra for big girls and it keeps them from going any further south as I lose.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!