Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you like your last name

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    I love my last name. I changed mine as soon as I met my husband, I changed to his last name. We married a month after meeting anyway. I changed my sons last name as well as soon as hubby & I met. It's the way we wanted it from the moment we 1st spoke.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    I have two and I love both!
  • I hate mine! It gets spelled wrong ALL the time.

At least I'll get a new one when I get married someday
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    I had a very common last name until I got married. My husband's last name is unique and the coolest thing about it is that there is a Detroit Red Wings player with the same last name! I'm from Detroit, so I love this.

I miss hockey.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    I love my French name, and I don't think it's hard to pronounce.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    I dont like my maiden name because people add an N where there isnt one. I like my married name because its easy to say and common BUT I hate it for my kids because its long to try and spell.

BTW- My name is hyphenated with maiden and married so I hate when i fill out things and there isnt enough room. :sad:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    My last name is my married name...I'm ok with it; although people ALWAYS spell it wrong :grumble:
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Its better than my old one...Craig. Jennifer doesn't go well with that. People sang jingles.
  • MrsValentine
    MrsValentine Posts: 85 Member
    I love my last name Valentine. Thanks to my husband.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    I like mine fine. It's fairly common and has only one spelling, which is nice because I have to spell my first name for people all the time.
  • rayjess
    rayjess Posts: 22 Member
    I LOVE MY LAST NAME!!!!!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    My maiden name is simple and short. my 1st husband's last name had an S at the end, and my husband now, his ends with ES.
    I'm always having a hard time eeking that e in there, it looks like a weird little loop. ah well. Ward was so simple and easy...strangely, i never liked it until I had a different one. I thought it was so boring and dull. After a kid, and kid #2.. you want boring dull and 3 less letters whenever possible. I wish I had known before I gave my daughter an 8 letter name.
  • SouthernDad
    SouthernDad Posts: 16 Member
    YES! It is 4 letters long and i kept it after marriage :)

Mine's four letter long and I kept it after marriage too... Love it.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    I do not like my last name. I wish I'd kept my former name. Or changed to my maiden name. Or my mother's maiden name. Oh well.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Not posting mine but Its alright. No one ever says it right. They confuse it with a common first name. And I always have to spell it. It's so simple though
  • daniel7121
    daniel7121 Posts: 166 Member
    Gotta say I love my last name. Especially when I attempt say it all latin and sexy and roll the R's. rrrrrrrrrrrr..... :laugh: :wink:
  • Yes although its very common in the Hispanic world but I like it more especially that I have the same surname of Amancio Ortega, one of Spain's richest man & owner of Zara boutique or Kenny Ortega, well known musical director (we all know him I guess).

Just hope that when I get married, the surname that I'll be adopting will be as good as what I have now.
  • The only reason for me to like it is the cultural aspect of it, otherwise, I prefer not to have it, especially living in Australia. I am actually thinking about changing my last name.
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Meh. 50/50 on it. It's unique(unless I'm in Utah or England, haha!), so that's good, but it means a lot of, loads, pile... And I always thought it was an aweful name for a fat girl :laugh:
  • conraj74
    conraj74 Posts: 182
    yes I do