Do you like your last name

Options

Replies

• RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    I do like my given name [Castro Suarez] but due to Artistic needs I switched it to my current Zeraus
  • Bigstupid
    Bigstupid Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    No, I hate it....put it this way...it is a word that rhymes with ox..and add a c on the front....you can't even begin to imagine how many times people spell my name wrong...and my poor kids are teased and tormented at school..especially my son in athletics..:laugh:

Life ain't easy for a boy named Cox. There was teasing and fights but along the way i learned to wear it proudly. Some of the best people I know do also. So yes, i like it.

I sound like a couple country songs now.
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't hate it or I would not have changed back to it when I got divorced but I do get one particular joke made about it on a regular basis. Just learned to live with it or say " Gosh haven't heard that ONE before" in a very sarcastic voice.
  • DKWaggoner
    Options
    I just changed my last name to the same as my wife :) so yes I love it..I changed my name at 50!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    It's a good name...my last name...I like it...and it's served me well.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Last name: Yes :happy: 5 letters, NEVER mispronounced, and rarely mispelled, even by *ahem* reps in outsourced phone centers
    First name: Meh, not love with it :indifferent: :huh: ; 6 letters but prefer to be referred to by only the first 3.
    Middle name: 5 letters, would've preferred that to be my first name, but it's so frikkin' common :yawn: that if you say it in a crowd, dozens of heads would turn and say, "Who, me?" :ohwell:
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It is so unique....I tried goodling it...and 0 people in the USA have it....

So i love it...makes it hard for people to find me...

Seems like this would make it EASY for people to find you. If you're the only _____ on Facebook....
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Yup. It's the first name I don't like. Couldn't have picked a more lame name than the one I got.
  • Yes. It's the main reason I married him.
  • ThePartyGoblin
    Options
    I LOVE my last name, so much so that I began using it as my first name because there are way too many 20 something year old women named Amanda nowadays! It's not hard to spell or pronounce so that makes it even better!
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like both my maiden name and my married name luckily.

They are both short and strong. Er, like me. *winking and flexing arm* ;)
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    No, I hate it. I'm going to change it when I get married. But not to my boyfriend's name. I hate it too, and so does he.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    It's o.k.

My maiden name is Polish. Everybody was always misspelling or mispronouncing it.

I though life would be easy when I married my husband--his family name is pretty plain (along the lines of Smith, Jones, Baker...)--and yet people still misspell it! Crazy!

EXACT same answer for me except change Polish to French. :ohwell: .
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    It's 4 letters long & I still have to spell it out every time.:huh:
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Nope, nobody ever gets it right so hoping I can use my BF's soon ;)
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I never liked my last name, except for the fact that it's German. Otherwise, it's weird and uncommon. Not unique in a good way. No one ever knows how to pronounce and/or spell it...it's just awkward.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I totally do not like my last name. I was glad to take my husbands last name. if i ever get divorced i will certainly keep it.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's alright, it's Scottish and not very popular here in Ireland but nobody pronounces it wrong
  • TheGuitarist1970
    Options
    Love my last name!

Muzzy.

It has been my primary name for my whole life. People remember it and come up with all kinds of nicknames with it and I like most all of them. Go ahead, have a shot at it and try to come up with something new for me.
  • _Thanatos_
    Options
    No. It's odd and doesn't roll off the tongue well. Everyone pronounces it wrong.