Thanksgiving Strategy?

Options
How do you plan on eating this Thursday? Careful as ever? Rules out the window? Somewhere in the middle? Happy Holidays!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Dessert first
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Goal - Eat entire turkey
    Goal 2 - Follow it up with pie.

Also realize, it's 1 day. The diet break alone can be a huge benefit to your overall weight loss and sanity.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Eat everything in sight.
  • WillowBreeze
    Options
    1. Avoid a full out 10,000 binge on everything day

2. Try to enjoy the food/friends/family without over stressing the calories for a day.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'll try to maintain portion control...but I won't feel bad if I go over cals.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    My strategy you ask? For one week I am not counting calories. And I will eatz all da food. Mmm hmm. Yep. Win.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Whatever looks good.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    You gotta watch, if you go in without a plan you're doomed to failure.

Now I love a good bread dish, but you'll fill up fast. So you wanna shove some turkey into the roll and dunk that bad boy in gravy. That's what you do with your right hand. While that's going on make sure your left hand is combining stuffing and mashed potatoes on the fork so it's at the ready.

And don't look me in the eyes.
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is one of the few days where I let myself eat pretty much whatever I want (within reason...I'm not going to eat myself sick) because I enjoy being with my family and having a good time and enjoying the good food that everybody helped to cook. I don't feel guilty for it.

However! I am going to run a Turkey Trot 5k that morning to give myself some extra calories! :laugh:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    It's 2 days out of the year, and there's way too much good food around for me to get too worked up about it.

I'll train in the morning, eat at mid day, eat again mid afternoon, take a nap, then probably eat again in the evening. Then I'll sleep, get up and lift, then have leftovers, then probably more leftovers.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Stuff my frikkin pie hole. End of.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Eat what I want and not worry about it. It's only 1 day.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try my best with portion control, especially with my favorite things on the menu.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    CHOMP.

then do it again.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    That's what you do with your right hand. While that's going on make sure your left hand is combining stuffing and mashed potatoes on the fork so it's at the ready.

Um, how do I hold my glass of wine then?
  • ps1090
    ps1090 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eat as much as I can and wash it down with a six pack of dark lager.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 5K in the morning. IF that isn't enough to mitigate the rest of the day it's only 1 day.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Plan? NO plan except to dive in head first. What's one day?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I SAID DON'T LOOK ME IN THE EYES!!!
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am far less concerned about what I'm eating on Thursday and Saturday (which are my two Thanksgiving dinners) than I am about what I'm eating on Friday/Monday and beyond. I now how hard it is for me to splurge for ONE DAY (or in this case two) without it turning into a week or month long binge. I am making specific plans for Friday and Monday and sticking to them.