Thanksgiving Strategy?

Options

Replies

• luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Since I'm cooking most of it, my contributions will be mainly healthier versions (I.e. less butter and fats). We always start out with the raw veggies/dip and olives, pickles, etc. But yeah, turkey and dressing, sweet potatoes with brown sugar, and pumpkin pie are on the list! Will keep recording food intake that day, even if it takes forever!! :tongue:
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You've worked hard for so long... indulge yourself because you've deserved... but indulge yourself in moderation.

You guys all kick *kitten*. I know you can do it.
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat what I want in some moderation. Hey, Thanksgiving only comes 1 time a year and I plan to enjoy it!
  • necie75
    Options
    I'm going to log my calories for that day too.So that I won't get carried away and the community center where we have our dinner has a walking track.So I plan to use it afterwards:)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever I want, getting in an hour of cardio and some weights. I'll deal with the rest Friday!
  • lindsayaerin
    lindsayaerin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My trainer said it's what you eat from January to Christmas, not Christmas to January that counts.

It may not address Thanksgiving specifically, but the point being that you can celebrate on holidays as long as your overall diet is done well throughout the whole year.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My trainer said it's what you eat from January to Christmas, not Christmas to January that counts.

It may not address Thanksgiving specifically, but the point being that you can celebrate on holidays as long as your overall diet is done well throughout the whole year.

I have always heard "People shouldn't be so worried about what they eat between Thanksgiving and Christmas. They should worry about what they are eating between Christmas and Thanksgiving."
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Not sure. Will probably get my sprints in Wednesday evening. Just 25 minutes on the treatmill consisting of 2 1/2 minutes of full speed (30 seconds at a time) - that'll rev up my body and it will be ready to take in some serious nutrition on Turkey Day.

Will just keep my typical no grain/flour/bread/sugar, high animal fat day - hopefully there will be some actual vegetables (corn is not a vegetable) and then I will sit down and enjoy a piece of Paleo Kick-A** Key Lime Pie (http://stevepaleo.blogspot.com/) with a Paleo Honey Graham Cracker Crust (www.againstallgrain.com) - which I will be making. Maybe even have two slices...
    Of course, if I want sweet potato I'll have to bring my own and bake it since the casserole ruins the sweet potatoes.

But the day will really be no different than any other day.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating like I do every other day now, reasonable. I realize it is only one day, but it is more about the frame of mind for me. The binging and not worrying about what I ate is what got me here. I intend to try to stay within my calorie goal and exercise,just like any other day. For me, this is about being healthy, and shoving every piece of food I can find into my body is not healthy. I also know that if I eat badly I will feel guilty, and physically feel awful. I don't think for me that it is healthy for me to look at it as a day to pig out. I try to look at every day now as a chance to make myself healthier.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in the middle.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to eat......and get drunk.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever the heck I want! 1 day of eating bad didn't make me fat...eating like crap everyday did.
  • stephgreene
    Options
    I will be eating a light breakfast and then going to work until dinnertime, so considering I'm normally running around like a madman at work.. I will eat until I get full. And then I will have dessert ;)

Enjoy yourself! It's one day out of the year! Just be good till then!
  • Manapaws
    Manapaws Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Eat but not over do it. may not even track that day.
  • battynat12
    Options
    I don't plan to restrict myself, but I do plan to pace myself. That way I hope to eat less. If eat quickly I will eat more. I am going to consciously try to eat slower, wait before going for second helpings, etc.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Cut, fork, chew, swallow, drink...repeat! :drinker:
  • wholenewme03
    wholenewme03 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get up and run until I can't move my legs (or until my gym closes at 11), then shower, go to my bf's house, locate a fork and a wine glass, and use them :)
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    Gym is closed so I can't lift, but I'll do a hardcore cardio DVD that morning.

Fill up on mostly lean meats and veggies, and have a small serving of dessert.
  • tristahenry
    Options
    Nom Nom Nom... with a big swig of wine... repeat.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Load plate in the proper order:

1. Stuffing.
    2. Potatoes (if they're good)
    3. Turkey
    4. Gravy on ALL THE THINGS
    5. Cranberry sauce. Far away from the gravy.

Eat.

I'll do a reasonable job of measuring but it'll all be estimates.

Oh, then the pie. Must have pie.