Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - Dish!

Options
2»

Replies

• rburgess7
    rburgess7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Rub a little Memphis spice rub on it and throw it on the grill for 20 minutes turning every 5 minutes. Keep the heat low when cooking. I use the outside grill year round and I live in Maine.
  • maybabier
    maybabier Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Stir fry with Teriyaki Sauce and veggies of your choice, on top brown rice. MY FAVE!
  • LMKelts
    LMKelts Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas...bumping :)
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Dijon mustard, garlic, and lime juice (baked or grilled, both good)
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    1. Marinated overnight in some light soy sauce, crushed garlic and zest and juice of half an orange
    2. Sprinkled, both sides, with chinese five spice powder and black pepper, then grilled
    3. Covered in homemade marinara sauce (tomatoes, passta, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, a little olive oil)
    4. Covered with a paste made with ground almonds, garlic, lemon juice, herbs and olive oil and oven baked
    5. Baked in a foil bag with lemon or lime juice or a couple of teaspoons of wine, plus some herbs
    6. Sprinkled with chilli flakes, lemon zest and black pepper then baked in foil bag
    7. Grilled, with pomegranate seeds
    8. Stir fried, with a little sesame oil and light soy, with sesame seeds
  • cstexas2012
    cstexas2012 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I usually broil it with fajita seasoning (sodium, I know, but I love it) and then eat it in a caesar salad, caesar wraps, or fajitas, depending on how many calories I can use.
  • FluroFaye
    Options
    Per serving of chicken = 1.5 tbsp honey, 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce.

Put in pan all together and cook until done. Sticky chicken :) Delicious with pasta, noodles or salad!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Microwave in a closed container, like a glass casserole dish wiith a lid.
    Don't go over power level 8.
    Flip and rotate a little while cooking.
    Adjust time based on number of breasts cooked. For one breast start with 3 min. / flip 2 min. Will depend on your microwave watts.

Season. Easy option - a little Lowery Season Salt sprinkle on before cooking. Or use other seasoning
    I like to drape with salsa and cook. When it's done cooking and it needs to rest you can put a slice of cheese on if which will melt nicely.

Chicken breasts in the microwave are not pretty and brown but they are MOIST!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Per serving of chicken = 1.5 tbsp honey, 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce.

Put in pan all together and cook until done. Sticky chicken :) Delicious with pasta, noodles or salad!

^^ That sounds fantastic!
    Microwave in a closed container, like a glass casserole dish wiith a lid.
    Don't go over power level 8.
    Flip and rotate a little while cooking.
    Adjust time based on number of breasts cooked. For one breast start with 3 min. / flip 2 min. Will depend on your microwave watts.

I've never heard anyone recommend microwaving chicken breast before :indifferent: How does it turn out? :huh:
  • Biodemon
    Biodemon Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I like to make buffalo chicken breasts that are far healthier. Coat a lb of chix breasts in a tbsp of olive oil (good quality), then coat them in seasoned oat flour (1/2 cup of oat flour, 1 tsp of cayenne, 1/2 tsp of salt, 2 tsp of chili flakes; you can adjust the chilies to your taste). Preheat oven at 400 degrees, bake for 12 minutes on each side. Serve immediately and dredge in as much hot sauce as you want! So delicious!!!! And healthy.
  • sanvanhaaften
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I like to butterfly my breasts then rub on a little oil and pan fry at a very high heat, this keeps them incredibly moist and gets that lovely crispy outside.
    Another idea is to make a pocket in the breast and stuff with cream cheese and some herbs, wrap in bacon and bake in foil.

Finally, at this time of year I love a chicken stew, so lots of seasonal veg, carrots, leeks, potatoes, winter squash and some pearl barley too is good. All boiled together with seasoning and herbs......very yummy.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    throw them in the crockpot :)

I love my CP, but i have no idea how it will come into play with weight loss due to portion sizes, etc.
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been poaching chicken in mushroom stock, and steaming some broccoli over the top