Thanksgiving Strategy?

Options

Replies

• lynnypenny1982
    Options
    I found some great recipes to keep me on track. Skinny Mash Potatoes, Skinny Green Bean Casserole, usual Turkey (only eat 4-6oz.), gluten-free biscuits. I'm cooking everything, and I'm soo excited to see how it turns out. You can find the Skinny recipes online. Just Google!
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I SAID DON'T LOOK ME IN THE EYES!!!
    :laugh: :drinker: :laugh:
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Eat what I want and not bother to track it.
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Eat everything in sight.

I only am going to eat the stuff I don't get often like crazy. Dsg esp
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Making everything myself from fresh ingredients. Not worried bout going over at all.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in the middle. I'm eating with my folks and my dad is diabetic and Mom has no desire to health up any of the food. But with Dad's diabetic and diverticulitis dietary restrictions, it's really not gonna be all that bad anyway and it's only us 3 this year. So turkey(I won't eat dark meat or skin anyway), gravy, sweet potatoes made with sugar-free syrup (yes, Splenda), steamed broccoli and cranberry sauce and stuffing, although Mom did allow us to talk her into using whole grain white bread for the stuffing (she fought, though lol). It's too much for me to start making demands, Mom wants to cook and my time is limited with them so not worth it for me to battle for ONE DAY! And because I've gotten into the habit of eating several small meals and snacks throughout the day, I won't be able to eat too too much in one sitting anyway. And once everything is away I'm too lazy to make another plate later so I should be good. Even the pumpkin pie is no sugar added and pumpkin is chock full of fiber lol
  • brandonmccloskey
    Options
    This is a topic I can speak to! I began my "journey" last year 2 days before Thanksgiving. My goal/plan is to eat a light breakfast in the morning (oatmeal & coffee). Then I'm participating in the annual Solano Turkey Trot 5. Then I'm going to 2 people's houses for Thanksgiving. My intention is to moderate what I put on my plate and also to note what I have consumed and be brutally honest on MFP. Given that Thanksgiving is my 1 year anniversary of this journey I will indulge slightly but I do not plan on going drastically over my calories.
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    to eat whatever the heck i want to...

ill add an extra workout on Wednesday but that is it...

i didnt lose 129lbs by dieting...

why is Thanksgiving such a big deal when it comes to food?

if you have a healthy relationship with food then it shouldnt be a problem...
  • DL717
    DL717 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm running a 5-mile race in the morning, then eating pretty much whatever I want the rest of the day. :happy:
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I plan on having a few bites of everything. Very modest amounts, Just enough to kill the cravings!
  • rodrians
    rodrians Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    going to spin class in the morning.

eating everything at dinner, including the brie made macaroni and cheese

drinking lots of wine

eating pie and donuts in the morning
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    Gobble gobble....
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    DON'T PANIC!
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    Constantly reminding yourself that you can always eat another serving the next day! :heart: & distributing my food throughout the day into small meals as I do now :smile:
  • ghost2012
    Options
    1. GYM
    2. BREAKFAST
    3. WORK
    4. CHEF SALAD
    5. GYM
    6. WHISKEY
    7. SLEEP
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating out. .. That's exactly how I meant it.
  • banks89202
    Options
    Well I'm in Texas right now so I will be spending it with the devil in-laws and they can't cook...so I don't know if I will have a problem this year HA!!! :devil:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Same as my Christmas strategy: eat until I'm satisfied, stop before I feel like I ate too much.

After watching what I eat for several months, I find I don't have the same appetite I used to have. I'm really not going to sweat one day.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I am working Thursday (till 11:30pm)
    hubby is making a ham and some side dishes, so I can eat when I get home ..as I have to go back to work at 5am (I am a walmart cashier) ..

I plan to simply eat normal portions, and plan to take left over for lunch on Friday :drinker:
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I am cooking for 20 people! We live right across the street from tennis & volleyball courts, and I have 6+ racquets for people to go play while I cook. I am running them out of the house.

- Roasted whole turkey
    - 2 turkey breasts
    - 1 ham
    - 1 beef roast
    - mashed potatoes or whole, bakes potato "bar" (Having a "bar" is goign to allow people to control their toppings and calories)
    - sweet potato "bar"
    - salad with lower fat dressings and olive oil/vinegar
    - green beans blanched and lightly salted (no butter)
    - broccoli steamed and lightly salted (no butter)
    - whole wheat dnner rolls
    - boxed stuffing (made w/ chicken stock instead of fat.)

-red, white wine & light beers
    - diet sodas and diet iced tea
    - milk

- fruit & veggie tray

- fruit & pumpkin pies

THat's how I roll for Thanksgiving.