Alone, or share?

Options

Replies

• supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Do we get to share in the sharing? Odd, but if I'm going to be alone full time, or alone half time and anguishing? I might just take alone full time, at least then I had a chance to be happy, because I'm a terribly jealous person (comes with the scorpio thing). Unless, if we are with our ideal partner, are we our ideal selves? My ideal self is far less selfish and jealous then my actual self.

Yes, you can have a "person" as well.

You attract those who are like you, or who want to be like you.
    Therefore!
    If you are with your ideal partner, you are your ideal self.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    pfft rules.
  • supertracylynn
    Options
    pfft rules.

DUCK!

Oh, sorry, there was a duck in your pic.

:laugh:
  • hatsdown
    Options
    Share. However, I will share the wife during certain times. PMS, When she is working, when her mother is visiting, etc...
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    may we live in a happy 3some?

Lol! Yes...

Except... what if her other person is of the male gender?
    So potentially, you'd have a girlfriend, and she'd have a boyfriend.

I'm Bi BOOM! I win.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I don't find this to be a philosophy issue. This situation of sharing your love exists and can work well in the correct circumstances.

Food for thought (from wikipedia):
    Polyamory (from Greek πολύ [poly], meaning "many" or "several", and Latin amor, "love") is the practice, desire, or acceptance of having more than one intimate relationship at a time with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved. It is distinct from both swinging (which emphasizes sex with others as merely recreational) and polysexuality (which is attraction towards multiple genders and/or sexes)[citation needed].

Polyamory, often abbreviated as poly, is often described as "consensual, ethical, and responsible non-monogamy." The word is sometimes used in a broader sense to refer to sexual or romantic relationships that are not sexually exclusive, though there is disagreement on how broadly it applies; an emphasis on ethics, honesty, and transparency all around is widely regarded as the crucial defining characteristic.
  • supertracylynn
    Options
    Share. However, I will share the wife during certain times. PMS, When she is working, when her mother is visiting, etc...

But PMS'ing is the Best! Cuddles, heating pads, hiking for hours, baked goods...
    Oh.
    Maybe most women don't PMS like I do.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    DUCK!

Oh, sorry, there was a duck in your pic.

:laugh:
    [/quote]

I see what you did there.
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    share... because i've already had plenty of practice at that, and while it's not ideal, as another poster mentioned.... something is better than nothing.
  • supertracylynn
    Options
    I don't find this to be a philosophy issue. This situation of sharing your love exists and can work well in the correct circumstances.

Polyamory (from Greek πολύ [poly], meaning "many" or "several", and Latin amor, "love") is the practice, desire, or acceptance of having more than one intimate relationship at a time with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved. It is distinct from both swinging (which emphasizes sex with others as merely recreational) and polysexuality (which is attraction towards multiple genders and/or sexes)[citation needed].

Polyamory, often abbreviated as poly, is often described as "consensual, ethical, and responsible non-monogamy." The word is sometimes used in a broader sense to refer to sexual or romantic relationships that are not sexually exclusive, though there is disagreement on how broadly it applies; an emphasis on ethics, honesty, and transparency all around is widely regarded as the crucial defining characteristic.

I fully agree!!

And Kudos! Not many people I've encountered know what "polyamorous" actually means.

Personally, I consider it "philosophical" because it is quite debatable. Funny how when it comes to carbs/protein/cals, this site is ALL about jumping down each other's throats. But this particular thread is cut and dry thus far.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    though i'm not the jealous type, i pick alone. sharing romantic partners usually ends in disaster. count me out.
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'd share him--but I would constantly compete with the other woman for his full attention. :smile:
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

I fully agree!!

And Kudos! Not many people I've encountered know what "polyamorous" actually means.

Personally, I consider it "philosophical" because it is quite debatable. Funny how when it comes to carbs/protein/cals, this site is ALL about jumping down each other's throats. But this particular thread is cut and dry thus far.

I would determine it more towards a sociological subject (I was a sociology major, I crave this stuff)
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I used to believe in true love; not anymore.
    I would rather be alone.
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    ALONE
  • farfoorah
    Options
    Forever alone!
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    I'll rather share than have no sex, and as I say if I get the double deal [poly] would be cool with me
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I'd share...and even attend his lover's funeral to comfort him after her fatal "accident". jk jk
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    Clarification on the no sex thing...does alone mean I can't have "toys"?
  • supertracylynn
    Options
    Clarification on the no sex thing...does alone mean I can't have "toys"?

Toys are always welcome!

But if you choose to be alone, no mutual *kitten*, webcams, videos, etc.