Are you guys going to track everything you eat

Options

Replies

• Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, it's just another day for me. I'll do my best to track everything but if it gets complicated, I reserve the right to enter a best estimate calories-only. No it's not a "free day". You can say that but your body knows better.
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    I am not logging at all on thanksgiving :drinker:
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You Betcha!
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Logging every thing, all day. Taking a long walk in the morning to help "pay" for what I eat. Just haveing a simple meal of baked turkey, green beans, carrots, 1 roll w/butter. I got this.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I don't log anymore, but last year I quick added 10,000,000 calories. I figured that ought to do it! :P
  • smokaiba
    Options
    on Thanksgiving day? How will that work? Seems like a lot of guessing and time spent... Or is it a free day?

im just gonna mark 4500 calories eaten since that is what the average american eats on thanksgiving.
  • happythermia
    Options
    free day! YAY
  • luvsbks
    Options
    I am not tracking! I will try not to overdue.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My sister and I made an agreement ahead of time, when we pass the dishes around the table, the plate in front of her she'll dish up the food on and I will dish up on my plate but our plates will be for each other....so the idea is to not sabotage the other and be moderate in what we are putting on the plate. I read that an average thanksgiving meal will be about 3,000 calories and that it would take about a 29 mile run to work those calories off...so if you just run a marathon before dinner and then a bit more before dessert, you'll be okay!

Great idea. I love it. (I wouldnt trust my brother to do this)
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Most likely I will log in to MFP to say hi to my friends, but I will probably not log foods. I do plan to get in my early morning walk, and eat a light lunch before the big meal. I will take generous portions of vegatables but smaller portions of potatos, stuffing and dessert. I will try to ship out the caloric leftovers with my guests!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I plan to do my very best to estimate my calories on Thanksgiving. I already know I will be over, but I plan to get my workout in early to offset SOME of the eating.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not going to track anything. I think it would be a pointless waste of energy. I'm just going to enjoy what I like and pick things up again on Friday. I will be running though as usual.
  • RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat a lot so no not really but I recently flipped my sleep cycle which as left me 1 day behind so I guess I can just eat for two days? DATLOGIC.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    LOL, tracking homemade sausage buttery stuffing. :drinker:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    No logging at all because I'm going out to a thanksgiving buffet. =)
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    The only reason I'd log it is to see how much food I will actually be eating. Should be quite the number.

But, I most likely won't because enjoying time with family is more important tomorrow than logging food.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging.. but I'm also not deviating from my routine.. I'm running 5 miles in the morning before I hit the road.. so to me it's a wash.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    No. I'm gonna log in 3,000 quick add calories and move on.

same here :)
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well, not for Thanksgiving for me (because we don't have that here), but for Christmas, I think I will still try and log (as well as try and fit in a nice walk in the morning, and some other kind of exercise sometime in the day) :D
  • hannibal28
    hannibal28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I will be tracking everything, i always do and am in better health for it!! I have no free days. I will go for an xtra long run and earn some extra calories for the feast and football.