Are you guys going to track everything you eat

Options

Replies

• coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Moderation, a couple bites of everything. I personally will be logging. I'm obsessive about it though. lol

Ditto. I'll be home, so almost everything is log-friendly. Entrees are ready, sides will done on T-day. Will pre-log as much as I can to plan out the day. B'fast and lunch will be almost entirely fruit/veggies with ultra-low sodium (maybe 100-200mg max). I'll try to do at least 1,000 cals worth of cardio before dinner, but won't fret it if I don't. T-day dinner will be neither an anoxeric rabbit meal nor a no-holds barred, @$$-out splurge either.

Moderation... is life! ooohhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm <Zen-like state>
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am gonna be busy packing my house along with cleaning trying to prepare myself for the move but I am gonna do my best to stay under. I am not cooking much at all but I am gonna only eat thanksgiving
  • lovelifehealth
    lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you call it a FREE DAY you might as well call it a FAT DAY. Obviously getting Thanksgiving food numbers exact is unlikely to happen, but having an awareness of what you are putting in your mouth will help you keep on track with your end goals. Making sure you fit in some exercise to balance out those extra calories will help make both your body and mind happy.

I will be tracking, exercising, and enjoying my pumpkin pie! Happy Thanksgiving and healthy living to everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • smhaze77
    smhaze77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have my grammas recipe book, so I used the recipe generator to figure out the calories. Best guess on the other dishes. I consider it a "free day" but out of general curiosity I plan on logging what I eat. I know that it will be no where near what Ive consumed on Thanksgivings in the past, mainly because my stomach has shrunk a bit :) I don't plan to obsess over it, or feel bad about it. I'm going to enjoy my family and log my food like every other day. :) Have a Happy Thanksgiving. :drinker:
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    free day... then back on track tomorrow (without feeling guilty about the indulgences I'll be having today!!) :bigsmile:
  • djbigz1988
    Options
    for event's i just eye ball it. like most of the ladels at my house are between 1/2-1cup. i guess it also helps that i cook a lot so eye balling 1 cup of something is pretty easy.
  • zigeuner62
    Options
    Going to track just like normal and get my morning 5 mi walk in as usual :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Yes, just to see how well I can handle the portion size. I will try a little of everything, but smaller portions.
    I am the cook. We will have the tradtional roasted turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, with some healthier sides. My DD and I made mini cheesecakes, healthier version for me with 100 cal per serving.
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    free day... then back on track tomorrow (without feeling guilty about the indulgences I'll be having today!!) :bigsmile:

^^^^ This, I don't worry about tracking on the holidays, only on the days between them, quick add 5000 calories and call it a YUMMY day and get back on track tomorrow, just to do it all over again on Christmas :bigsmile:
  • JessMySize
    Options
    Since I've hit a beautiul number in weight, I'm going to have fairly small portions.. I'm going to spend about 1,000+ calories on dinner tonight.
  • jerman01
    jerman01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Track everything. There are no free days.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    breakfast and lunch will be logged- dinner is free
  • sswift
    sswift Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No, I wont be tracking, on Xmas Day, but will try to refrain too much from the choccies, and will probably fail.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I'm British but have Thanksgiving dinner with American friends every year. I use this calculator so I can just enter a single figure for the whole dinner. Works a treat!

http://walking.about.com/library/cal/blthanksgivingcalories.htm
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I read someplace that the average Turkey day meal is 4000 calories. I'm gonna quick add that and call it a day!
  • tomdVT
    tomdVT Posts: 30
    Options
    Yes. Just so I will know how hard I have to work at the gym tomorrow to burn the extra off LOL.
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to log, however, not obsessing over it. Will try for more veggies and none to little of the "bad" stuff.
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Free day, just don't forget to log in!
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    I'm going to do my best to track everything! I know I'm going to be way over my goal. That doesn't bother me. :drinker:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Hell no. The last 15 years of my life have been centered around food. The last 10-11 months, I've learned how to eat right and exercise, again. Today I will be thankful for learning how to eat correctly, how to have a treat and not make it a full-blown holiday binge and thankful for what I have, of course! Today is my day off as far as logging goes but, I'm going to go for a hike with my family and pup today, just for the fun of it, not for exercise either!