h.gifa.gifp.gifp.gify.gifempty.gif

t.gifh.gifa.gifn.gifk.gifs.gifg.gifi.gifv.gifi.gifn.gifg.gif

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif

I love your greeting. Same to you.
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    husband was not in the mood to rush off to the gym after dealing with the grocery store, so I'll have to muddle through with my ball & bands tonight (boo, because I was going to try running again). Maybe I'll try a run/walk at the park tomorrow....

Work is really contributing to the stress this week... and that's not good for the moodswings. Trying to be good to myself right now... you guys be good to each other!

hugs :bigsmile:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen- I hope you feel better soon. It is amazing how the amount of different vitamins can affect our health in other ways. Good luck with your race tomorrow.

Chris-sending positive thoughts your way for you and your sister.

Lori- welcome to our group. You will find a very supportive group of people on thread. A little advice on getting started with exercising- Find an activity you like to do- such as walking, swimming and start doing that every day or every other day. Try to go a little farther each time you do it. It will eventually become a habit.

I saw Twilight last night and it was good. I did not see the other movies or read the books but I could follow the movie. It was good and easy to follow. Also saw Lincoln and enjoyed that movie as well. I want to see Sky Fall soon but not sure when I will have the time.

Wish- That everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. May you experience many blessings, good health and good times with family and friends.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Been on the run since this morning, actually headed to bed soon so I can get an early start and then head to my parents - full day of entertaining my very busy but adorable nephews!

Wishing all of you a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Hugs,
    Kelley
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    HappyTdaysm-1.jpg
  • nicholsvj
    nicholsvj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I know you'll all do great today! don't forget breakfast - :)
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    loriscooper - welcome to this thread! Keep coming back - we're here to support you!

Monarchris - praying for your sister :flowerforyou:

Vicki - keep taking care of yourself, sister-friend!

I hope the Turkey Trots go well for the runners today. Here in Omaha we are having phenomenal weather. It reached 71 yesterday. Normally we should be having a blizzard by now! I hope everyone else gets in a nice little walk after dinner!
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Happy turkey day, everyone! (and for our friends outside the US - happy Thursday!)

I think I have finally mastered the shiritaki noodles. In addition to simply buying another brand, it really does work if you fry them half to death in an absolutely dry frying pan for up to 5 minutes (after rinsing them like mad). You can't put anything at all in the pan until they're fried for a while, or they turn into rubber bands :sick:

Once they're fried, I "doctor" them up - I've tried a spoonfull of spaghetti sauce (not bad), and just seasoned with Mrs Dash or something similar - careful, because they seem to really accentuate pepper flavors, and can get HOT.

My next try is a little Hoisin sauce. Only 25 calories a tablespoon, but huge flavor.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Home from my Turkey Trot and turkey breast roasting in the oven. Bread was't stale enough for my stuffing so it's 'staling' in the toaster oven.

Thursday Truth - More of a blessing. I'm so thankful to have my MFP folks to help me and support me in this journey. You guys are all my strength and my inspiration. I hope you all have a safe and blessed holiday. For those of you outside the US...... eat Turkey today!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! Happy Thanksgiving to my US friends here!!

Did my turkey trot in 35:59!!! Amazing since I've been sick and stayed out until midnight last night! Really happy with that time as it is a PB for me! My previous was 37:30.

Need to head to the MIL's for dinner, so I will check back and do personals tonight.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    happy thanksgiving fellow Americans!
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Holly -- I did enjoy Zumba, but it's likely to be something I do to fit around other stuff. Having said that, I'm expecting lots of winter weather when running's not so practical.
    @Lori -- the great thing about this thread is that everyone's got such a long journey. It's sort of a marathon not a sprint. The best thing you can do with that new treadmill is get on it. Just lace up your walking shoes and say 'huh, I'll just stand on it... ok, now I'm standing on it, I can do a five minute walk...' and then take it from there. But if I'm not feeling like going for a run, I tell myself that I can put on my running shoes and stand outside my front door. And then if I want to stop I can. Once I'm actually outside, I get going. Every time. Well, every time so far.
    @Kaye -- hope your computer's back to its old self soon.
    @skinnyjeanz -- congrats on the PB!

Thursday truth -- well, I think I overtrained today. The running book I have (No Need for Speed) says the very first sign of overtraining is being grumpy around your loved ones, and I was like a bear with a sore head earlier. And I did another long run, and I'm not hungry despite being way, way under my cals for today. So I'm not going to run again until Sunday. I do have badminton (quite a lot) tomorrow, and a fair amount of walking on Saturday, but neither of those are as hard as running. Anyway, I hope you're all having a lovely day. Eat that turkey!

-- Alison
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to my compatriats! I made a huge, yummy meal with all the fixings, and even with a splurge on pie, still managed to stay under maintenance-level calories. So, I will definitely count that as a victory!! Got most of the yard and house work done in advance of my parents' visit, and they cancelled at the last minute. Well, at least I have a mostly-clean house! Tomorrow is supposed to be near 60, so I plan to take the kakak out again (yay!!). I keep thinking this is the last opportunity this year - we will see. I'll also be cutting up last year's fallen branches for kindling for the wood stove, so I can (hopefully) save some money on oil this winter. Finally, I plan to clean and fill my little two-person hot tub - can't wait to start soaking under the stars on these cool autum nights!!

@skinnyjeanz - Great job on your turkey trot!!! Plus, thanks for the tip about donating clothes for fibers - I had no idea that was possible. I'm still planning to make my patch-work quilt, but I will keep that in mind for the left-over.
    @robin - Jamaica? That's some pretty strong motivation for getting back on track!! Good for you!!!
    @alison - Maybe I should take up running so I have a better reason for my occasional grumpiness. Enjoy your (not-really) rest days - badminton sounds very fun!
    @mymowmow - thankful fo you (and so many others), who are my inspiration too!
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my U.S. friends. Best wishes to all!! Having a good day food stay under but barely. Have not worked out but sitting here going its ok. Stick to the plan tomorrow. We had a potluck with family and friends tonight. Played games jjust a general fun time. Really very grateful to this thread and everyone here. No lately been a little bit not here. I allow life to get in the way. Really enjoy the spirit of this group.

@skinny congratulation on pb
    @Kaye hope your computer gets fixed quickly
    @Lin Happy thanksgiving to you too
    @Christine I hope your sister feels better soon.
    @Bohemian -- sounds like taking a break from running maybe good thing till Sunday. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sorry if I am missing anyone my brain is fuzzy must be all of that turkey.

Liz
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen-Congrats on your PB and for finishing after having been sick.

I completed my first 5K today and I had a wonderful time. I did the run/walk in 53 minutes but the time is not important to me since I just did it for fun. I started out with my SIL and her friend both of whom are runners. We keep getting separated. So I ended up walking with another person and that the event very enjoyable. It was crowded so that made moving to fast difficult. I would have jogged a little more but the sidewalks were not conducive to running since they are uneven, bricks and they are slippery. I will most likely do another one in the near future. Thanks to everyone who keep promoting the 5Ks it provided the motivation I needed to try one.

Hope everyone had a very relaxing and restful day. Enjoy your shopping experiences tomorrow.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thanks to a walk that I took, I managed to come in under goal while enjoying a really nice turkey dinner prepared mostly by my kids. Daughter hosted at her house. I was grateful to leave the mess and come home to my house. I hope that each of you had an equally rewarding day. I saw Jillian Michael on the Today show this morning. She said, "Its Thanksgiving. Enjoy it." So if you didn't come in under goal, log it in and move on. Kaye
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    I hope all of my american friends had a wonderful thanksgiving with friends and family. And congrats to those who particiapted in turkey trots! I am jealous of your fitness
    christine- hope your sister is soon on the mend

i guess all my hard work prior to surgery paid off cause i was able to come home a day early. Had no problems going up and down the stairs in my house or just walking up and down the hall. Must remember to use the walker....tend to just take off without it. Hardest part right now is trying to get the knee to bend but i have lots of exercises to work on that and i start oupatient physio next week. Each session is one hour :sad: i think that will be a challenge. Frustrating not being able to drive anywhere or get any other exercise. I need to be diligent about my diet....never my strong point but i put lots of healthy meals in the freezer and i have only good stuff in my house right now. Must remember not to eat out of boredom. Not too much pain...more of a big ache in my knee so overall i have done better than i thought i would. Cannot wait til i get the ok to go back to the gym....never ever thought i would say that :laugh: but it wonèt be for a while so i have set up some hand weights to use for now
    I am motivated to watch my intake by all the hard work you folks are doing so keep it up!!!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    MowMow - glad your Turkey Trot went well !

Skinny - congrats on a personal best at your Turkey Trot! Thats great considering you weren't feeling your greatest.

Boho - "grumpy bear" glad you're taking a rest from training!

mackbeth - sorry your parents cancelled on your Thanksgiving - but your kayaking and your hot-tub plans sound delightful!

Liz - this thread is a lifeline for me too -

Laurie - way to go on your FIRST 5K - first of many, right? You go!

Karen ! So impressed with your recovery - you must really be in amazing shape to be where you are right now! When I had my knee replaced I was nowhere where you're at right now. Congratulations for your great physical condition. some Sunday share you really need to tell the people who don't know your story how far you've come because you are ONE INCREDIBLE LADY!

I had a great Thanksgiving at my sisters house with new family members present. My nephew and his wife and 2 sons - 6 and 3 years old, have moved from Philly to a city an hour away, joined us. It is so nice to have kids around again. They are so well behaved - sat at the table for an hour with no tantrums or fidgeting - little angels! Looking forward to Christmas and having fun around the tree with them!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Karen, I'm very impressed with your progress. I know you will do great. Mine is better everyday. I am able to walk now without a cane. I can go for a walk at a moderate pace for up to 30 min. I'm just 5 weeks out, so I know you will be back to normal in no time!
    Looking forward to a good day and a walk soon. Have a great day. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Happy friday everyone!!

@karenleona--so happy your surgery went well! Can't wait 'til you can get back to being a gym rat! :laugh:

@robin--thanks! Glad you had a nice holiday with new family.

@kaye--congrats on staying under goal--I did as well, but only b/c of my 5k in the morning. All the more reason to sign up for one of those every year!

@laurie--congrats on your first 5k! 53 minutes is a respectable time, and now you have a goal to beat for the next one.

@liz--thanks! Glad you had a nice dinner/game night. When my grandparents were alive, we would all gather at their house for holidays and we always played card games in the evening. I miss that.

@lmack--sounds like you are getting the weather that just left us--beautiful for Nov.--60 degrees and sunny. Today we have taken a turn for the worse--low 40's and very windy. :grumble:

@alison--thanks! enjoy your "easy" days of badminton. When I was doing c25k, I found that when I would take a few days off of running, I would actually have a better run the next time out. Sometimes your body just needs a rest from one particular exercise.

@toots--hope you had a nice thanksgiving!

Friday Fitness:
    Well, it's super-windy and just plain cold today, so I will not be taking gunner for a walk. He's not happy with the weather either--I think the wind hurts his ears. I will be heading to my sister's to visit with my niece, so I will get some exercise throwing her in the air--she laughs like a maniac when I do that. If my arms aren't too tired after that, I will do my push ups, planks, and crunches this evening.