Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Under the weather today not feeling good so staying home! Going to back to bed will be back to read all of the posts!

Liz
  • nzenczak
    nzenczak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

This cooler weather is making me want to do nothing, but curl up with a blanket and fall asleep on my couch...and that's exactly what I did yesterday. No, exercising, no eating right, no taking care of myself.

Well after a few bumpy days eating and exercising wise I feel like I'm back in control today. I will conquer my weight!

My wish for today is that this whole process becomes alot easier... Not going to happen I know, but a girl can dream. :)

Have a great day everybody!!!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Wed Wish-- That your body could sleep while you were awake, so that I would have enough time in the day to do everything I need and want to do.

What I learned over this summer is that it is possible to walk 30 miles in one week. That eating small meals more often jump started my weight loss. The biggest thing I learned was portion control it was a big eye opener to see what I was calling a serving.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Was completely wiped out when I got home from the gym last night, so slept the evening away on the couch snuggling with Pebbles. I watched NCIS on and off – glad I have it on my DVR as I kept falling asleep. I should have just gone up to bed, but didn’t.

What I learned this summer is that perseverance really does pay off and it’s amazing how much better I feel eating “clean.” Something else is that this really is easier with friends, I’m so glad I found an amazing trainer, found this forum, and have made the friends I’ve made on MFP – all of which keep me motivated. :heart:

Wednesday Wish~That we all have continued success and that my nephew starts feeling better soon – he had a tonsillectomy last Friday and has been having a really rough time with recovery. Poor thing. :frown:

Fitness this week:

Monday~Cross Trainer DONE!
    Tuesday~C25K DONE!
    Wednesday~Recovery (catch up on housework actually)
    Thursday~Training
    Friday~Elliptical or C25K
    Saturday~Not sure yet, depends on weather
    Sunday~Training

@Aug~I’m sorry you’ve been feeling depressed lately, I hope you snap out of it soon. Get in a good workout – that’s always mood boosting!

@CathEsh~That sounds like a really cool gym!

@Lin~LOL I’ve tried kale many different ways and no matter what I do to it, it still bitter! I only like raw spinach, so I can relate!

Have a great hump day!

Kelley
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @tungsten93 -- Isn't that the idea of training, that if you're training correctly it never feels any easier; it feels like you're going to die every time and you just get stronger and stronger. I can see my numbers going up, for example I can jog for three minutes now! Not at 5.1mph though, oh no. If you can't log on MFP when you're on holiday, do try to keep a paper diary (or use offline mode on your phone). The great thing about holidays is that there's lots of time for sports and walking. Have a lovely time! At the moment I'm wearing all my clothes apart from one pair of trousers that is really falling off. I'm also wearing a couple of things that had got a bit tight. When *those* things start falling off I'll know it's time to buy new clothes.

@nzenczak -- I use Striiv which is sort of like a cross between Fitbit and Farmville. Once you're past the nine-days-wonder bit of it, it just feels like a very expensive pedometer.

@Tom -- I'm playing my accordion along with some other people (on other instruments) while the register is being signed. The day before the wedding there is a family dinner so I won't be able to scrape any calories from there, but I will try to retrieve any major damage over the next week. There is a ceilidh after the wedding so hopefully I will get to dance all night which will help a lot. However, I'm still, even after nearly four months, feeling incredibly motivated about MFP; enough that I mostly remember that when the lure of parties overwhelms me. I suspect there won't be real ale at the reception too, which makes it much easier for me. Thanks for the reminder about letting MFP gradually drop the cals, too.

@Kris -- sometimes when I'm in a cheesie puff kind of mood I get a pack, and then separate them into 100 calorie mini bags. In fact, I have a sort of basket of 100 calorie snacks that includes *really wicked* ones and also dried fruit, nuts, rice crackers, that sort of thing. Obviously I could eat four! But somehow the separate little packets helps with that. Hope your cat is ok. And wow! 105 pounds! I'm sure it was only the other day we were celebrating 100.

@CelticHippo -- I'm rewarding myself with actual Cash For Exercise Gear for every pound I lose. A lot more than one cash pound per pound, too. I have a couple of friends who've got gastric bands (privately not NHS). So I thought about what *that* would cost, and basically have been buying Wii games, exercise gear, shoes, whatever I've needed.

@Gerrit -- I do a little bit of bodyweight strength training, as and when. It's a bit haphazard and I tend to concentrate on upper body, core and back, cos I reckon my legs get quite a lot of strength training just moving me around. But I've made quite a lot of progress quite quickly. I'm still waiting for the promised drop in dress size.

@Robin -- the 'chemo drug' may be methotrexate, which is the drug I'm on for inflammatory arthritis. It does have a scary list of side effects but I haven't had any of them since the first few weeks, and it has absolutely transformed my life. I do have to have a blood test every four weeks at the moment, but that's ok.

@Cath -- that sounds like a *brilliant* pool.

@Lin -- have you tried baby spinach (salad spinach)? It's yummy straight out of the bag. I find traditional curly kale quite hard going (though we do eat which ever brassicas turn up in our veg box) but I adore cavalo nero. But really, there's too much nice food to waste time on things you detest; I think once you've given them a fair shake you should just eat the stuff you like. Personally, I like muffins...

The main thing I learnt this summer is that it turns out to be really quite good fun to have the Olympics going on just round the corner from you. The Paralympics were inspiring too; I need to remember Paralympians every time I whine about running for three minutes.

Everyone whose trousers are falling down -- belts are your friend! They're a lot cheaper than a whole new wardrobe.

On carbs; yesterday was a really low carb day and whaddaya know, the scale is moving. I think there might be something in this low carb thing, you know.

Hope everyone's enjoying their Wednesday.

-- Alison
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish. i wish i was asleep right now :laugh:
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    Wednesday - I wish I did not have to work this week...the weather outside is beautiful.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish::: I really wish I could just figure myself out. I did SO good the last couple of weeks. And this weekend just went down the drain. Even today has started off not so good. I have been wanting hot chocolate so I bought the single packs and put it in my coffee instead of creamer they are 140cal a packet. Yes it taste so good but it makes me feel guilty and I hate hate hate feeling that way over food or drinks. I shouldn't feel guilty eating or drinking something. I don't want that feeling. And I haven't gotten up and exercised at all this week. I don't know what my problem is.
    And now that I bought new clothes and spent over $200 it's like i'm afraid to lose more weight and make them too big and have to buy new. But I needed new clothes. I hate this cycle. I can't seem to get out of the 220's for long. What am i afraid of? I feel that's the problem. I don't see myself as a thin person. Ever. I look at all these girls and how thing and beautiful they are and just can't ever picture myself thin. So therefore I dont think it will ever happen. I know I have been talking like this for awhile. Just having a really hard time. And I just can't figure myself out. I want this. But something is just not feeling right. I don't know.
    Well right now I am getting ready to have my girl thing and so that could have a reason why I'm feeling the way I am as well as why I'm wanting to eat more and such. But I don't know why I'm giving into it. It's just a very strong feeling right now. And I'm very emotional and having a hard time.

Either way sorry to be such a downer. I WILL get this figured out. Promise.

Tina
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @Kris -- sometimes when I'm in a cheesie puff kind of mood I get a pack, and then separate them into 100 calorie mini bags. In fact, I have a sort of basket of 100 calorie snacks that includes *really wicked* ones and also dried fruit, nuts, rice crackers, that sort of thing. Obviously I could eat four! But somehow the separate little packets helps with that. Hope your cat is ok. And wow! 105 pounds! I'm sure it was only the other day we were celebrating 100.

I don't trust myself not to eat the entire bag just yet. For future when I have a bit more willpower on my own that's a great idea but for now it's too soon, imo. Usually when I have uncontrollable urges I go to Winco (West Coast grocery chain) and check out their bulk section for what I'm craving. That let's me just buy a single chocolate candy or handful of pretzels or whatever. They don't have cheesie puffs unfortunately....... I'll get over it :) I shouldn't be soothing my stress with food anyway.

Vet visit went well. They found no reason for his weight loss other than the change in food so he's quite healthy. In fact she told me that he's one of THE healthiest 8 year old cats she's ever seen. She did find a cavity and a fair amount of tartar buildup so he's got to go back in January for a tooth extraction/cleaning/bloodpanel so that'll drop me another 260.

I figure since he's the only man willing to stick around and share my bed at night he's entitled to it.

Wednesday wish..... that the cat wasn't the only man willing to stick around and share my bed....
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish::: I really wish I could just figure myself out. I did SO good the last couple of weeks. And this weekend just went down the drain. Even today has started off not so good. I have been wanting hot chocolate so I bought the single packs and put it in my coffee instead of creamer they are 140cal a packet. Yes it taste so good but it makes me feel guilty and I hate hate hate feeling that way over food or drinks. I shouldn't feel guilty eating or drinking something. I don't want that feeling. And I haven't gotten up and exercised at all this week. I don't know what my problem is.
    And now that I bought new clothes and spent over $200 it's like i'm afraid to lose more weight and make them too big and have to buy new. But I needed new clothes. I hate this cycle. I can't seem to get out of the 220's for long. What am i afraid of? I feel that's the problem. I don't see myself as a thin person. Ever. I look at all these girls and how thing and beautiful they are and just can't ever picture myself thin. So therefore I dont think it will ever happen. I know I have been talking like this for awhile. Just having a really hard time. And I just can't figure myself out. I want this. But something is just not feeling right. I don't know.
    Well right now I am getting ready to have my girl thing and so that could have a reason why I'm feeling the way I am as well as why I'm wanting to eat more and such. But I don't know why I'm giving into it. It's just a very strong feeling right now. And I'm very emotional and having a hard time.

Tina

Tina - I feel your frustration over the new clothes and not wanting (psychologically) to lose weight and have them get baggy. And not being able to picture yourself as a super-thin person. In fact, I was going to make this whole issue my next discussion point. What do we imagine ourselves looking like in the future?

If we can't imagine ourselves thin, its pretty darn hard to work toward that goal.

I think about famous women with weight issues like Oprah and Kirstie Alley who carry their weight at a non-traditional set point. There is nothing to say that all of us will become super-skinny. Perhaps your goal weight is really meant to be 40 pounds about your MFP ideal goal weight. Is that bad?

Just playing Devil's Advocate here.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'd like to propose a discussion:

What did we learn this summer?

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    “I am still learninig that exercise is key to healthy living and that its in your head - your attitude toward exercise is in your head. if you tell yourself you are going to go play - its fun, and if that's your attitude toward exercise is that its your play time its a whole lot better.”

“The first is that I *CAN* control my eating (and therefore my weight) and I don't have to let it control me (food OR my weight).

I also learned that sweating really isn't *SO* awful. As crazy as I thought people were for saying it... sweating really DOES feel good and pushing through the pain is usually doable.”

“This summer I learned that pushing the remind me after 10 lbs. lost button instead of lowering my macros has put me close to maintenance mode. I should have gradually dropped the macros like MFP suggested, but no, I had to leave it alone. Now it wants me to lower calories by 400 a day. ”

“What I learned this summer, I like healthy foods, that is amazing to me. Got home late one night last week and didn't have time to cook and actually felt sad about eating out. I like doing my strength/resistance training. I learned I still don't like regular exercise but I am doing more general activities instead of sitting on my bum all evening, I cook, wash dishes, wash clothes, etc. I load and unload the car on the day of face painting jobs instead of weeks later or a year later, lol! I learned I am becoming more and more excited about having a life again and not just exsisting. I look forward to nsv's regularly.”

“What I learned this summer is that even if I'm exercising a lot, I really need to eat much cleaner if I want to lose weight. I got so used to being able to just stay under my calorie allowance and drop weight, that I ignored what kind of food I was putting in my body. The result was very little lbs. dropped over the summer. Now, with just a week of watching carbs, I've seen a drop which leads me to believe that if I watch my macros, I will see more progress.”

“I think the first and most important thing I learned was what I was doing wrong in the past. I wasn't eating enough calories throughout the day and my body had gone into starvation mode. I looked into what can happen when your body does that and it's not pretty.
    I learned that cutting out junk food is difficult to do, but once you do it successfully, you start to lose the cravings for it (I haven't had a craving for chips or sweets in a while... haven't had a craving for soda in a while either come to think of it).
    I also learned that fresh is actually cheaper than frozen- something I have slowly been able to teach my parents. They sacrificed quality for affordability because they just didn't know better but it's started to change! We're all eating healthier and feeling better for it.”

“I learned that I am capable of maintaining the weight that I have lost. I also learned that if I want to lose more weight then I need to step up my level of intensity during exercise and watch my carb level”

“There were several things that I learned but I think the most important thing was that I can control my eating and my weight. I can also inspire others to do the same. It has been so amazing to see how my running and my change in diet has been affecting other people”

“I learn what a real serving looks like. I learn that in the past what i thought was a serving say of rice may really have been like 3 servings, i would eat like that all the time so I learn what a true serving is and that i am ok with it. Also that i like salads , fruit fresh veggies etc. I also am learning maybe that though i am trying to use normal foods if i have calories allow i'd eat it that i'd be healthier if i eat closer to the root less process foods.
    I also learn that walking/or swimming daily is important for my physical and mental. Also the importance of journaling my food intake and being part of threads like this are extremely important. Last but not least you are never too old to change.”

“Even if I never make my goal weight I can continue to improve my fitness and health which is valuable.

Life is indeed better with friends and with support. (THANKS!!)”

“What I have learned this summer is, I want a do over! I was so depressed I hardly left the house, and ate my way through the day and yes that made everything worst. I look back now and say, that will never happen again. I want to get fit and start having fun. I'm on the right track now. One of the big reasons is all of you! ”

“I learned over this summer is that it is possible to walk 30 miles in one week. That eating small meals more often jump started my weight loss. The biggest thing I learned was portion control it was a big eye opener to see what I was calling a serving.”

“What I learned this summer is that perseverance really does pay off and it’s amazing how much better I feel eating “clean.” Something else is that this really is easier with friends, I’m so glad I found an amazing trainer, found this forum, and have made the friends I’ve made on MFP – all of which keep me motivated”

‘The main thing I learnt this summer is that it turns out to be really quite good fun to have the Olympics going on just round the corner from you. The Paralympics were inspiring too; I need to remember Paralympians every time I whine about running for three minutes.”

Thanks for those responses as they are things I am now thinking about!

“--I also love Criminal Minds--Spencer Reed is my favorite character.” I like Reed, Morgan and sweet Penelope!

@Imackbethl – great new goal hope you make it to Twoderville by years end!

I had 11 smokes yesterday:smokin:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie - sorry to hear you're living with your dad's uncertain walking capabilities and his fierce desire to do things "his" way. Must make sleep very difficult when you have to be "on call" all the time.

CathEsh - the pool sounds WONDERFUL!

Aug - sorry you're blue. Hope the time flys and your surgery comes soon and brings you lots of relief.

Skinny - so glad to hear your still in touch with Brian! Have a great race together.

To everyone who joined in the discussion about what they learned - thanks! Its very interesting to read and reflect on what each of us have learned - it reminded me of a lot more I have learned but didn't list.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry you’re struggling so much right now, Tina. I wish I could offer some sound advice, but we have all been there at one time or another so try not to be so hard on yourself. One thing, you should be able to have that 140 calorie drink and enjoy it, just account for it and make room for it in your journal. Remember, if we deprive ourselves of things that we enjoy we are less likely to stick this out. So have that yummy sounding coffee drink if you want it, you may not be able to have it every day but once in a while won’t hurt you.

I’ve been in your shoes before, lost 100# and then something happened and I freaked out. I put about 25# back on and I’m right there again, but determined this time not to have a relapse. My mom thinks I’m scared of succeeding – I don’t think it’s that though. I’m not very good with flattery, attention, or rejection so think I put walls up so as to not subject myself. I want to be thin, be athletic like I used to be, and buy cute clothes – for some reason I hit stumbling blocks, we just have to find a way of overcoming those obstacles. I’m not sure if you’re spiritual or not, but in part thanks to my trainer I’ve been getting back to those roots lately and have found a lot of comfort – I read Philippians a lot and Philippians 4:13, specifically, really does help me.

Now exercise – I’m not a morning person AT ALL so it’s hard for me to get up for anything, much less exercise, so I exercise in the afternoons. I know you don’t have time, but what about if fitting in a couple of 15 minute walks during the day? It’s good for releasing serotonin which is good for our mood, not to mention it’s a stress reliever. I always feel better after exercise (except when I’m exhausted to begin with).

You can do this – we can ALL do this!

Kelley
  • trhjrh06
    Options
    I’m sorry you’re struggling so much right now, Tina. I wish I could offer some sound advice, but we have all been there at one time or another so try not to be so hard on yourself. One thing, you should be able to have that 140 calorie drink and enjoy it, just account for it and make room for it in your journal. Remember, if we deprive ourselves of things that we enjoy we are less likely to stick this out. So have that yummy sounding coffee drink if you want it, you may not be able to have it every day but once in a while won’t hurt you.

I’ve been in your shoes before, lost 100# and then something happened and I freaked out. I put about 25# back on and I’m right there again, but determined this time not to have a relapse. My mom thinks I’m scared of succeeding – I don’t think it’s that though. I’m not very good with flattery, attention, or rejection so think I put walls up so as to not subject myself. I want to be thin, be athletic like I used to be, and buy cute clothes – for some reason I hit stumbling blocks, we just have to find a way of overcoming those obstacles. I’m not sure if you’re spiritual or not, but in part thanks to my trainer I’ve been getting back to those roots lately and have found a lot of comfort – I read Philippians a lot and Philippians 4:13, specifically, really does help me.

Now exercise – I’m not a morning person AT ALL so it’s hard for me to get up for anything, much less exercise, so I exercise in the afternoons. I know you don’t have time, but what about if fitting in a couple of 15 minute walks during the day? It’s good for releasing serotonin which is good for our mood, not to mention it’s a stress reliever. I always feel better after exercise (except when I’m exhausted to begin with).

You can do this – we can ALL do this!

Kelley

Kelley,

Thank you so much for the reply. And the thing is I do eat what I want, as long as it fits in my calories. But the past few days I know I have gone way over and just haven't tracked. Just been frustrated. So this morning I had 2 of those yummy coffee drinks just decided not to eat breakfast (also I'm not hungry right now) So I will just eat at lunch. So I fixed that problem but still shouldn't have had the 2nd drink. I really try to keep everything balanced. Like I usually have a weight watchers ice cream after dinner that usually keeps my sweet tooth at bay.

And I agree I don't really like the flattery or attention. I'm not used to it and it just feels like people are being fake to me. I hate it. I don't like when someone asks me if I've lost weight, it's kind of uncomfortable but at the same time I like when people notice. I hate when they ask how much I've lost. The past 6months really I have been struggling. I've been able to basically keep my weight the same...which is good but I'm not losing anymore. I really really have a goal to get under 200 by Christmas and if I bust my butt I can do this. So why am I not motivated enough to do it right now? I don't know. But I am going to change that.

As for the exercise I don't have time through my work day to take breaks, I don't really get breaks so I can't do that. And after work is so hectic I just have a hard time fitting it in. So that's why I have to get up in the morning and do it. Which when I get up I am fine and have no problem doing it....but I haven't even attempted to get up this week. But starting Saturday I am going to. I say Saturday because I can't do it Thursday or Friday or every other Wednesday cause my husband works and I would have to get up at 4:15-4:30am...no so I just changed the days to Sat-Tues and every other Wed.
    And I do always feel better after exercise. I was doing C25K and felt SO good doing it! I was up to running 20-25min straight! And I stopped.....why I don't know and haven't gotten back on it. I have to and want to. I WILL get this figured out.

Again thank you for your reply. It did help me.
    Tina
  • trhjrh06
    Options

Tina

Tina - I feel your frustration over the new clothes and not wanting (psychologically) to lose weight and have them get baggy. And not being able to picture yourself as a super-thin person. In fact, I was going to make this whole issue my next discussion point. What do we imagine ourselves looking like in the future?

If we can't imagine ourselves thin, its pretty darn hard to work toward that goal.

I think about famous women with weight issues like Oprah and Kirstie Alley who carry their weight at a non-traditional set point. There is nothing to say that all of us will become super-skinny. Perhaps your goal weight is really meant to be 40 pounds about your MFP ideal goal weight. Is that bad?

Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

I agree, if we can't imagine ourselves that way how are we ever supposed to get there!?
    So you're saying that maybe what I have set as my goal weight, might not be the right goal weight for me? I agree with you there. See I have it set for 140 right now. But I've been thinking about getting to 160-150 and seeing how I feel there. Maybe I should change my goal and go from there? I don't know. All I know is I will get this figured out and will get to where I feel comfortable in my body.
    Thank you :)
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all my wonderful friends! I love fall, my favorite time of the year. I love the way the sunlight hits the leaves on the trees, the cool, crisp sparklie air, and the crunchie sound of the leaves under foot!:heart::heart: :heart: Had a wonderful walk with Belle this morning and am going to start some house cleaning here in a bit. I just wanted all those who are feeling blue that the decreased sunlight might be part of the problem. I usually have a down time after the time change and it gets dark so early. My antidepressant has helped a lot with that as well as helping my fibro pain. Praying your spirits rise and you are all back to a good place soon.

Kelly, I agree that the spiritual aspect is so important to this journey. I am in a Bible study right now on Phillipians and love that book. I am experiencing joy through the trials I have been having health-wise as it gives me the opportunity to witness to what God has done for me. I also am learning that my body is a gift from God as are my treasure, talents and time and that I need to be a wise steward of it. I am praying this does not offend anyone, just how I am feeling today.

Tina, hang in here, you are doing what you need to do and this too shall pass.

Aug-I know when you get some relief from the pain that will help your depression a bunch. I know chronic pain wears one down not only physically but emotionally and spiritually as well. Praying for you.

Robin, praying your doctors will be able to improve the functioning of your arms and relieve your pain.

My Wednesday wish that all of you have a stress-free, rewarding week!

Christine
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi--just catching up on posts while I have a few minutes.

@tina--have you thought about trying to add some other form of exercise for those days you can't run? Mybe after your daughter goes to bed you could do a quick and simple core routine. I do push-ups, crunches, and planks in the evenings while watching tv. No equipment necessary and 15 minutes burns about 100 calories. It's not ideal, but it makes me feel beter when I've done no other exercise all day.

Wed. Wish:
    That I had time to run to Starbuck's right now--I'm really craving a mocha light frap...
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Today is my weigh in day and I lost a lb. I am happy and a bit surprized because I did not give this past week my personal best. I got very sloppy. I need to get my motivation back and plan how to survive next week, as I will be out of town and staying in a hotel.
    My wish for today is that I keep a clear head and make good choices next week.

TRHJRHO6 - I understand exactly how you feel. I once went to a life coach and she helped me so much. On e of the things she had me do, was write down a list of all the things I was/am afraid of. Fear often holds us back. I had to get some time to myself and really think about what I was afraid of and why. Once I identified those things she had me write a letter to fear, thanking fear for all the help and protection it had given me over the years. Then I was to write a long letter explaining to fear how it had helped me and why I wanted it to retire and take a rest. I was instructed that if fear came back I was to gently tell it to go away, that I was able to take care of myself now witouth fear hindering me. I know this sounds a little silly, but this was a life changing experience for me. Without releasing fear and the impact it had on many aspects of my life I would not have been able to craft the life I have now.
    Some questions you might ask yourself are: If I meet my goal, how will my life change? How will my loved ones feel about it. How will those around me respond. Why can't I see myself thin? What are the positive and negative impacts of reaching goal weight. It is a scary journey and change is always difficult.

I pray you have the strength to perservere. You've made so much progress.

Monachris - I don't see how anyone could be offended by your comments for they are clearly heartfelt. Thanks for all the good wishes. And I really admire the way you stick to it and don't give up. That is the most important thing. I relate to your comments about light, as I definitely see a difference in the winter. I probably should get my on my anti-depressants but when I get to feeling better, I stop taking them.

Kelley - I too do most of my exercise at night. Except for water aerobics which is scheduled and to which I go most unwillingly.
    I recall losing weight once and walking past a mirror in KMART and feeling like a stranger to myself. I actually felt a feeling of panic because I did not recognize myself. I was shaken and not surprizingly, I regained my weight back very quickly. I don't know the answer but I believe losing slowly with support is much better than crashing which is what I've done most my life.

Robin: Hope you are feeling better
  • trhjrh06
    Options

@tina--have you thought about trying to add some other form of exercise for those days you can't run? Mybe after your daughter goes to bed you could do a quick and simple core routine. I do push-ups, crunches, and planks in the evenings while watching tv. No equipment necessary and 15 minutes burns about 100 calories. It's not ideal, but it makes me feel beter when I've done no other exercise all day.

Well it's not that I can't run it's that I have chosen not too this past week. Actually I haven't ran in weeks. And the days I was talking about my husband working those days are my rest days. I used to make Sat & Sun my rest days but instead changed it to the days he works and I have to drop my daughter off before work at my Sister-In-Law's. But maybe that's something I need to start thinking about. The thing is, I am not one to do a simple exercise routine on my own. I have to watching a DVD or on the elliptical or following some program. It's a mental thing. I feel like if I do something myself it isn't helping. But I might do some research on little things to do like that. Thank you :)
  • trhjrh06
    Options
    Today is my weigh in day and I lost a lb. I am happy and a bit surprized because I did not give this past week my personal best. I got very sloppy. I need to get my motivation back and plan how to survive next week, as I will be out of town and staying in a hotel.
    My wish for today is that I keep a clear head and make good choices next week.

TRHJRHO6 - I understand exactly how you feel. I once went to a life coach and she helped me so much. On e of the things she had me do, was write down a list of all the things I was/am afraid of. Fear often holds us back. I had to get some time to myself and really think about what I was afraid of and why. Once I identified those things she had me write a letter to fear, thanking fear for all the help and protection it had given me over the years. Then I was to write a long letter explaining to fear how it had helped me and why I wanted it to retire and take a rest. I was instructed that if fear came back I was to gently tell it to go away, that I was able to take care of myself now witouth fear hindering me. I know this sounds a little silly, but this was a life changing experience for me. Without releasing fear and the impact it had on many aspects of my life I would not have been able to craft the life I have now.
    Some questions you might ask yourself are: If I meet my goal, how will my life change? How will my loved ones feel about it. How will those around me respond. Why can't I see myself thin? What are the positive and negative impacts of reaching goal weight. It is a scary journey and change is always difficult.

I pray you have the strength to perservere. You've made so much progress.

Congratulations on your loss!!!

Thank you for your reply. I honestly have no idea what exactly I'm afraid of...but I suppose that means i need to sit down and really put some thought into why I'm feeling this way. I think right now has to do with getting ready to start...but still it's been this way for the past 6 months I think. I will give this some thought and let you know what I've been able to come up with :)
    I will get through this and get to where I want to be.