Are you guys going to track everything you eat

Options
12345679»

Replies

• dalildevil
    dalildevil Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I always track everything regardless of what day it is. there are a few exception to that rule, things like mints, and condiments (mustard, relish).... But my take on this is that, if I don't track it, who am I cheating really?. Myself. I would rather track everything and be over and be ok with that. Then not track everything and get a "is under her calorie goal" and that be a lie. In the end, I'm doing this for myself and if I'm not truthful with my own self what does that say about me?
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yes I will track everything. But I am lucky on a few points.

1) I am going to my parents for Thanksgiving and They have done the whole diet and weigh all the food in the past so I will be asking to use their scale for the food.

2) I know my mom's recipes and can a good idea what goes into her food. I will be guessing on a few things but I'm confident I will be close. I actually started adding approximate thing to my diary yesterday to get an idea of what I will be able to eat.

3) I offer to make the dessert and found a low calorie option for what we normally have on Thanksgiving. By doing that I know exactly how "bad" the dessert is and don't have to feel guilty eating a serving of it. I also may make biscuits for the same reason.

4) It is just going to be 4 of us so my mom isn't going over the top with food, it will be turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and rutabagas (maybe biscuits). Then my dessert, which is pumpkin bars.
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    I'm going to try to track everything, and I'm not considering it a free day because that would give me an excuse to gorge myself. I'm going to partake in turkey, potatoes, casseroles and probably a cookie or two, but I'm going to remain conscious of my portions and try to keep what I eat balanced as far as carbs, fats and proteins go. I think I'll just feel better tomorrow if I do. I mean, even if I go way over my calorie budget (which I might), at least I'll be able to overlook all the choices I made and learn from them. But most importantly for me I'm trying to banish the idea of a "free-day" lest it turn into a couple free-days, followed by a free-weekend, followed by a free-week... i think you get what I'm saying. I have to stick to this EVERY day because for me it's not simply weight loss it's a life-style change
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I just plug in quick add calories. 2000. One hit and I move on. Tomorrow is another day.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I quick added 3500 calories and will be savoring everything in moderate portions.

I worked out extra hard yesterday and will go for a walk tonight.

Savor, enjoy, be present and count your blessings that an excess of amazing food is your biggest problem today.

^^^^ Sing it, sister!!
  • sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just heard on the TV the average amount of calories consumed for a Thanksgiver dinner is 7300...ouch! Im not going to track but will make my portions small, enjoy your day :)
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am gonna log. Just not going to stress about it being exact. It's just another day in the new lifestyle! Just keeping on moving forward being aware of what goes in my mouth.
  • Ibelievenme2
    Ibelievenme2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    on Thanksgiving day? How will that work? Seems like a lot of guessing and time spent... Or is it a free day?
    No calorie is free. Fix your plate like you are fixing it for a 3 year old portions are small. Remember if they have a scoop spoon it usually hold a 1/2 cup if you don't pile the spoon high. Whatever meat you eat get about a deck of card size. They said it is a serving. If you have to take some home it will be better then eating and stuffing yourself at one time. Good luck on today make sure you do your exercise it will help too.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i obsess over it, more like an addiction with calorie counting for me. i have already pre-logged everything i will eat and drink even though i haven't had any of it yet other than a greek yogurt for breakfast
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    I'm going to try my best to log today, but I'm not going to stress toooo much about getting my food log perfect. I'm also not going to stress about going over, just going to hit that gym tomorrow! :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I read someplace that the average Turkey day meal is 4000 calories. I'm gonna quick add that and call it a day!

Seems high to me...(and that's based on me stuffing myself for a Thanksgiving lunch meal that barely topped 2k).
    I just heard on the TV the average amount of calories consumed for a Thanksgiver dinner is 7300...ouch! Im not going to track but will make my portions small, enjoy your day :)

Really? No way.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I am doing the cooking and keeping track of all of it. I do not do any free days. I have been to heavy for way to long and this is working for me. I am a nurse and work with Diabetics, According to the ADA the average Thanksgiving pushes 8000 calories for the day. Beware!!

I'll eat what I want, but I'm tracking every calorie. I hope I end up well under ADA averages. I'll have to see how it goes.:tongue:
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I said I wasn't going to track, but I did. 2600 + cals over.

I win.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Lunch with Pumpkin Pie cost me 1300 cals and now I only have 280 left for tonight.....yeah right :bigsmile:
  • KathleenC12
    KathleenC12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    We already had our Thanksgiving here, in Canada, a month ago, I'm here to say enjoy your special meal but I prefer not kidding myself that it was not eaten. There are no free days for me, just occasional parties, with everything counted.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I am doing the cooking and keeping track of all of it. I do not do any free days. I have been to heavy for way to long and this is working for me. I am a nurse and work with Diabetics, According to the ADA the average Thanksgiving pushes 8000 calories for the day. Beware!!

YES!! I was beginning to think I was alone! I logged everything, ate very well and came in right at 1500 calories...dinner was about 900. I am pretty pleased with myself :bigsmile:
    Great work, I'm proud of you both! I like to stay in the practice of logging daily myself, it helps me keep on track far better. Though I don't celebrate the Holidays in everyday life I like to see what nutrition I'm taking in, it makes me feel empowered rather than out of control like in the past.