Anyone go over their daily calorie limits? I did...

Options

Replies

• veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes! And, I enjoyed each bite!

I guesstimated the turkey dinner. I purchased it from TJ's, it was turkey with cornbread dressing. I don't have a scale, so I do alot guessing. I'm probably over 400 cals. No big whoop! In the gym in the a.m.
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Way over, but it's Thanksgiving:)
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I've done okay on calories but a little over on carbs, which is what I'm counting, but not crazy over so I guess it's a good day and I don't feel deprived. Low carb pumpkin pie is okay but not great. :ohwell:
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Went over but don't really care. it's only one day ..
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I ran 4 miles of hard hills this morning then went for a walk with my husband before dinner. We didnt have that many different types of food, but did have tons of desserts. I logged pie but didnt eat it all. (not good tasting pie) we also ate mid day so lunch and dinner was one meal. I didnt go over cals but when I have carbs I gain weight anyway.
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Yep. I planned on it and heavens, if we can't have a cheat/splurge day on THANKSGIVING, when the heck CAN we? LOL! I actually have been experimenting over the past few months, playing with maintenance and losing a couple of pounds over all. It's coincided with some extremely stressful weeks at work, and a medical issue I was dealing with, so I haven't let myself get down.

All it does is reinforce the fact that it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound, and even eating 6000 calories, if your TDEE is 2000 ish, that's still just over a pound.

Seriously, am I going to stress over 1 -- ONE -- O N E pound. Heavens no.

If you could see me grinning with the knowledge that the worst I could POSSIBLY do, would be 1.5 lbs of damage, and that's nearly impossible. So.. Nope. NOT Worried about it :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Yep I went over but it was only one meal out of 21 for the week so I'm not sweating it. We went out for a buffet dinner around 4ish and I started with a salad and ended with bread pudding and lots in between. No leftovers to taunt me and back to all my regular foods tomorrow. So it's all good!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    190 calories over... I should have exercised today to cover it.

I'm thinking it's going to be okay though because I was moving most of the day and didn't log any burn but it was beyond my normal activity level by a bunch.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 300 under, but the night ain't over yet!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    NOPE! :happy:

I'm quite proud of myself. I had been planning this day for about 3 days. But it's easy because no one brought anything. I did ALL the cooking :grumble:
  • Brewster1215
    Brewster1215 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    no
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am under, but I did have a higher than usual total. I wore an incentive....first pair of new jeans since I started this and they are two sizes smaller than my old pair.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    <~~ No idea how much I ate, but this is what I feel like now..haha No biggie it's just one day, and I burned over 600 calories running on the dirt trails this morning.
  • Bon1022
    Options
    Yes, I thought I would though. I view it as.... When I lose my weight, I'm human and there will be days, when I over indulge.
    Still, I do have some guilt. We have to have a second TG on Friday, this is what concerns me. I'll try and maintain....
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Over by 192...but my blood sugar readings have been below 97 ALL DAY!
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    No not over, but I was careful to prelog everything and then fix my plate by what I logged. I wouldnt let myself have anything that I hadnt logged, But just the sodium will be enough to do me in for a couple days.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    128 calories under. But I ran/walked 90 minutes to negate my expected consumption. Had 1600 calories for dinner. Whew!
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I might actually be over tomorrow's as well :)
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i went over by over 1000 lol
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am over my daily goal by a few hundred and I don't feel like exercising tonight. Soda is what actually put me over, I would have been fine without the Pepsi. But it tasted sooo goood. I hadn't had a sip of soda in weeks until today.