Anyone go over their daily calorie limits? I did...

Options

Replies

• fattypattybinger
    Options
    I didn't even really count but I am sure I will be crying tommorow and it is weigh in day. But I need to do it so I can learn to plan my day better. I have already decided Christmas will be better. Plus even if I make cookies after today I have no plans to eat them, so I will be happy baking for my friends and kids teacher. I was thinking of making Mind Jars too. Google it a nice easy craft project to reduce stress oops sorry not related to the post but why not (they are also called fairy jars)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    It's Thanksgiving. Get off the internet and go spend time with your family.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    nope..all fine here.

Ok ok..I'm Canadian..... Not thanksgiving here lol... Ok ok...lol

Still, Ate well and trained.
  • hadley1998
    hadley1998 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did!! about 500 over!! however, I did work out this morning and I'm about to go get on my stationary bike to cover those extra 500 calories!! I don't think I went overboard, I just enjoyed the day and I had mentally prepared for today!!. So I say to all MFP enjoy your day, it's only once a year, well, twice,:drinker: when you include Christmas, in which I will menatlly prepare and work out again for that day. Enjoy, drink! and be merry!!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I ate a bunch as planned, and there's no way I could track it with all the homemade dishes. I just put 5k into quick add calories, though I'm sure I didn't eat quite that much. Back in action tomorrow.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    by more than 1000 but i dont care
  • Nanba007
    Nanba007 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Only 242 cals over.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, I didn't go over. I would have though if there was 'nuff food to go around. My father had some last minute work and didn't cook the turkey, bread, dressing, or sides. We had a dinner at my grandmother's house and luckily she bought a ham the day before. We scavenged the kitchen for sides dishes and made a pumpkin pie. :laugh:
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    I have to say (and I'm not trying to rub it in, I'm just really proud of myself) that I only went over by 400 cals today! and that was without exercising! so I'm practically considering it a NSV because I thought my cals for the day were going to be outrageous (and I told myself this morning I would be okay with that) but I managed to keep it together and really watch my portions, nipped at the mashed potatoes, avoided the dinner rolls completely and just sampled the desert. Also didn't eat huge meals during the day just snacked because I opted to save room for dinner =) but tomorrow is another day, so even if you did go over today you can work it off at the gym tomorrow...
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    no I didn't go over but if I have another slice of cheesecake then I will go over by about 60 or so. nothing big. but I think I'm good. we'll see if I want it after we come home from the movies. oh and I logged 3 glasses of festive apple sangria but I've only had 1 so far. I could polish off the pitcher and still only go over by a couple hundred. but at least I'd be tipsy enough I wouldn't care!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not by nearly as much as I had planned to.
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    It's Thanksgiving. Get off the internet and go spend time with your family.

seems a little redundant to be posting this on and internet thread....
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    oooo, I still have room for beer.....
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, I didn't go over. I would have though if there was 'nuff food to go around. My father had some last minute work and didn't cook the turkey, bread, dressing, or sides. We had a dinner at my grandmother's house and luckily she bought a ham the day before. We scavenged the kitchen for sides dishes and made a pumpkin pie. :laugh:
    What a bunch of troopers! Sounds like you all rocked the day! Happy Thanksgiving!
  • samjoa
    Options
    Yeah I went over my limit by 1100 calories. But, its just one day. Tomorrow will be better.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm under by 300; plus, we're going out dancing tonight, so I might end up close to 0. :-P

It helps that we had sugar-free pie for my boyfriend's diabetic father; plus, I filled up on fruit and veggies while we cooked this morning/afternoon.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I logged mine as like 4500 because I didn't feel like counting.
    tumblr_mdwz6jGtki1rhextvo1_500.gif
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Yep but I have no clue since I haven't logged since breakfast and I feel not bit guilty about it. I get back to it tomorrow.
  • IRollC30
    IRollC30 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I didn't track today... But two Thanksgiving dinners that included three pieces of pie and two scoops of ice cream. I just put in a nice round 6500 calories for the day... This week is a serious bust.. No worries - next week will be better.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am actually under. Part of that is bc I was being careful to save calories for dessert that I never got. The other part is because I burnned 700ish calories this morning.

Oh, and I have another Thanksgiving on Saturday...