Didn't go over cal limits THXGIVING DAY success stories

Options

Replies

• jessicaclairel
    Options
    I knew what I was going to eat, so I pretracked it before eating. I made sure not to eat more than what I had tracked for the meal. That way I knew what I could eat for the remainder of the day. :)
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I blew them out of the water :-). But, I did succeed in not eating until I was sick all day :-) I was very full after lunch. But not horrible the rest of the day (not good either). Didn't finish the one piece of pie that i had, but had a lot of taters and gravy :-)
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    I don't care for 'holiday food' (turkey, mashed taters..etc) so it was easy for me, actually I have 840 calories remaining!
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't know because I am to lazy to log on a holiday ;-) I like to live a little !
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Stayed under Cals and all macros. Best and most important ~ My blood sugar is normal =))
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i only went over by 70 calories (that is if i decide to eat my normal snack tonight) but ive been trying to increase my calories lately anyways.
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    168 calories left as of 8:06 p.m. on Thanksgiving night. Enjoyed a VERY satisfying and filling Thanksgiving dinner (my diary is open in case you're curious). Do not intend to eat for the rest of tonight.

Why keep track on Thanksgiving? Why stay under calories on Thanksgiving? Simple. Because it is the single biggest eating trigger of my entire year. I believed (and still believe) that if I could celebrate Thanksgiving, NOT feel deprived, EAT all of my traditional foods, and STILL stay under calories, I could do it ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, ANY DAY. I have defeated the enemy, and the enemy was me.

P.S. I watched my equally overweight brother-in-law stuff his face with two heaping platefuls of fatty foods, two platefuls of assorted desserts, and handful after handful of party mix, nuts, and candy. Did NOT miss it a bit.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    no

^this
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Stayed under calories but over on sugar. Not a big deal. I didn't feel deprived and am satisfied with my choices today.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i went over my calories.

i regret nothing.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You guys--YOU GUYS....:heart::drinker: :heart: so inspirational, motivational and such heroes and shero(s) to me. WOW & WOOT!!!!!!!!!!
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've stayed under my calorie limit and I'm quite pleased about it. I ran/walked 3.5 miles, ate a relatively light breakfast around 9am, prepped my contribution to the dinner (roasted Brussels sprouts and grapes), drove to my nephew's house. I stayed away from the snack table - luckily there were no food pushers there - and waited to eat until the big dinner around 3pm. I had a full plate with a little bit of everything except the mashed potatoes and gravy and desserts. No seconds! I took a walk with one of the attendees while the others were eating pie. After I got home I had some soup and logged the earlier feast as best I could. I also logged a planned snack/dessert I haven't eaten yet - dark chocolate, raisins, and walnuts. After all that I'm under my calories and I had maybe the best Thanksgiving ever. :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    168 calories left as of 8:06 p.m. on Thanksgiving night. Enjoyed a VERY satisfying and filling Thanksgiving dinner (my diary is open in case you're curious). Do not intend to eat for the rest of tonight.

Why keep track on Thanksgiving? Why stay under calories on Thanksgiving? Simple. Because it is the single biggest eating trigger of my entire year. I believed (and still believe) that if I could celebrate Thanksgiving, NOT feel deprived, EAT all of my traditional foods, and STILL stay under calories, I could do it ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, ANY DAY. I have defeated the enemy, and the enemy was me.

P.S. I watched my equally overweight brother-in-law stuff his face with two heaping platefuls of fatty foods, two platefuls of assorted desserts, and handful after handful of party mix, nuts, and candy. Did NOT miss it a bit.

You so Rock sir! I LOVE this what you've said... "I have defeated the enemy, and the enemy was me." and will hide this in my heart too....I've heard it before--but haven't heard it in sometime nor thought about it in ages either, but it really is deep and inspirational to me. Wow!
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Firstly I started off the day by going to the gym and doing the Thanksgiving day Bootcamp along with 45 minutes on the elliptical. After that I just ate in moderation.
  • alideni
    alideni Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym this morning & stayed under my suggested calorie count for the day! It helped that I had to skip my family's feast because I have to work tonight! That's ok. I'm fine with not eating the typical 2500 calorie Thanksgiving meal! Keeping my eye on my goal!
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5K today and have been "banking" calories all week with exercise and skipping a snack here and there. I don't PLAN on overeating tomorrow (when we celebrate), but a safety net is nice. Since I am the cook in the family, I will be on my feet all day and probably won't have time to eat until dinner is done. Hell, I might have enough calories left over to have a glass of wine or three. :-)
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I didn't manage any exercise today because I was on call for work and had to be ready and fresh at a moment's notice...and exercise makes me sweaty and gross!

So basically I had 1200 cals allotted, and I used 1231. I think I overestimated on most things...maybe underestimated a BIT on the desserts, who knows. :-P But I only had one dinner roll and a glass of wine, where I'd usually have multiple of both! I didn't load my plate, and I didn't go back for seconds. I left the table satisfied and not overstuffed. Yum!

The best part was just hanging out with all my family in one place, at one time. We always have a ball! OH, and not getting called into work was the bestest best part! :-)
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I had ate until I was full for lunch. More calories that I normally would have, but didn't go over. I had a turkey sandwich for supper and I'm extremely happy with the way my day went. I even managed to do Day 3 of 30DS, walked 3 miles, and I'll be doing yoga before bed.
  • Grmacereal
    Options
    I didn't go over (never have since starting this journey) - a teensy bit in the cholesterol, though. It takes planning and caring. Thanksgiving is a day of retrospection, introspection and gratitude not a day to binge.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I had some pieces of fruit and a handful of pecans for breakfast since I was cutting up a bunch for the fruit salad.

Lunch was a couple tablespoons of homemade spinach dip with tortilla chips.

For dinner, I had a bunch of turkey, a little scoop of potatoes with no butter (they had milk in them), green beans, a roll, and a piece of sugar-free cherry pie. I drank water during dinner and had coffee with Splenda with my pie.

I ended up under my calories by 300, and we're going out dancing with some friends later, so I'm pretty pleased. :) We might get some snacks around 2:00 AM since I'm going to burn a bunch of calories and I'm under my goal anyway. We're in Albuquerque, and the night wouldn't be complete without a drunken trip to Frontier for some tacos and lemonade. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!