bump!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • GottaLoveRenee
    GottaLoveRenee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    These are so awesome. I found them on Pinterest or something the other day and made them today.

2 old bananas
    1 cup quick or old fashioned oats

Seriously. That's it. Just mash the bananas and mix in the oats. It's okay if there are still some small chunks of bananas. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

You can also add things like chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins, etc. The website I saw it on said not to add too many things though because they won't stay together as well.

So these are absolutely wonderful. Even if you eat all the cookies in one sitting (which uh... I did today... and also had doubled the recipe :ohwell: ) you're just eating two bananas and oats! It can't really get any healthier!

Also, I think if you add walnuts, these would be a delicious post-workout snack or even a great breakfast!

Super easy! Thank you for sharing!
  • enigmachik
    Options
    sounds good!
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I made these but added cinnamon and vanilla. Delicious. I also realized they are REALLY filling so if you are going somewhere and need to fill up, eat 2 or 3 of these and you will be good go. Very tasty, thank you for sharing.
  • habapu
    habapu Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    It's 1am here and I'm getting out of bed just to make these
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I tried them and they were good! Definitely not like oatmeal cookies but very tasty anyways.
    The first batch had too much banana as I am assuming mine were bigger than in the recipe and so they had a rubbery texture. I imagine I could have bounced them off the table lol.
    The second batch I added tons more oats to make it mostly oats barely held together with banana and It worked out much better. I also snuck in a little cocoa powder. My boyfriend was not tricked into thinking these were cookies but he still ate them all! lol.
  • XxMarciaxX
    XxMarciaxX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bump , sounds yummy thanks !
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    baked bananas...? eek

really? uve never had banana bread before or banana cream pie? bananas mmmmmmmm! lol
  • nefbaker
    Options
    save-a-rooni
  • sassmo
    sassmo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • KindaOverThis
    KindaOverThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What a great, simple idea to kill that sweet tooth!
    I'm going to give them a try this weekend. Thanks!
    :-)
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I tried these today (put a little white chocolate- naughty!) and some pecans in.

I can't get them to go solid like cookies! I'm hoping whilst they cool they will get a bit firmer as they're currently very soft (and nommy, just tired one!). They've also stuck SOLID to the greaseproof paper, despite me greasing it! D'oh!
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Made them last night.

Didn't cook properly in 15 minutes, but I think I may have made the cookies a bit too thick. Put them on baking paper but they still stuck. I turned them over at 10 minutes but they needed another 5 and a bit more minutes after the 15.

Tasted good though, and will make again

Does anyone grease the paper or tray to stop them sticking?

Oh should have read this! Exactly this! They cooked for well over 30 mins but still not solid! I greased the paper and they still stuck!
  • m1311
    m1311 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump

I made the crepes someone suggested the other day (1 banana, 2 eggs, mix well and cook) and they were fabulous, for those of us wishing for a simple way to still eat crepes.

I can't wait to try these!
  • Grognit
    Options
    I made these last night. Added dark chocolate chips to 1/2 of them and left the other 1/2 just plain. They were very good. I made mine a bit thicker so put them in the oven for about 20 minutes but they were very well received by my family.

I also have bananas chopped up and in the freezer to make some "fake" ice cream and we are having the banana and egg pancakes this weekend.

So glad I visited this thread.
  • Caralynl
    Options
    Bump
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Just made these and they are YUMMY!!!!!!! I did add some chocolate chips to them. I hope I can stop myself with just 1 cookie at a time!
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump